New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

Mark

Old 06-29-2019, 05:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mark

Hi, I'm Mark, 65, grew up in Charlotte, NC. Retired mechanical engineer. Was in the nuclear power plant design and analysis field for 40 years. Married to the love of my life. Two daughters, one son, two grandsons. Sadly, my brother passed away in March. He left me his blaze red 2004 Crossfire. He treasured his car and kept it looking almost new. I'll keep it that way. This site has a wealth of information that has already helped me several times.

Old 06-29-2019, 05:42 PM
Administrator
Received 880 Likes on 686 Posts
Default Re: Mark

Welcome, and do not overlook the fall Dragon meet, it is not far from you. We have 69 cars on the list so far, you would learn SO much about the car, even at a social event like that.
I wonder if your brother was one of us, lots of red Coupes out there - what was his name and where did he live?

Old 06-29-2019, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
Welcome, and do not overlook the fall Dragon meet, it is not far from you. We have 69 cars on the list so far, you would learn SO much about the car, even at a social event like that.
I wonder if your brother was one of us, lots of red Coupes out there - what was his name and where did he live?
I was very close to John. I'm sure he never went to Deals Gap rallies. I can't post his name without first checking with my sister-in-law. I've tamed the Dragon many times, but on motorcycles. As well as Cherohala Skyway and Foothills Parkway. Usually stayed at Fontana Village. Seems like those pesky mini coopers were always getting in the way. LOL.

I'll see about attending. Thanks for asking.

Old 06-30-2019, 10:36 AM
Received 340 Likes on 300 Posts

Welcome, sorry for your loss. Enjoy the ride.

Old 06-30-2019, 06:39 PM
Received 523 Likes on 416 Posts

Welcome to our Forum. And sorry to hear the passing of your brother.

Old 06-30-2019, 07:43 PM

Thanks all!

Old 06-30-2019, 11:49 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile Re: Mark

Originally Posted by BarbarianCBX
Hi, I'm Mark, 65, grew up in Charlotte, NC. Retired mechanical engineer. Was in the nuclear power plant design and analysis field for 40 years. Married to the love of my life. Two daughters, one son, two grandsons. Sadly, my brother passed away in March. He left me his blaze red 2004 Crossfire. He treasured his car and kept it looking almost new. I'll keep it that way. This site has a wealth of information that has already helped me several times.

Welcome! Sorry for your loss. Always good to have another motorcyclist too! You reminded me of several years in my youth, when I was an apprentice machine operator for Byron-Jackson Pumps/Div. of Borg-Warner Corp. (mid 70's). We built just about every kind of industrial pumps made. I had the privilege of machining our primary nuclear cooling pump cases (huge stainless alloy castings) & seismic supports that went into the San Onofre expansion of that era. We even had a test loop where the giant motors were installed & the pumps were run in our building. Great learning experience largely because I got to work with some of the finest people one could ever know.
Current proud owner of '15 Honda CTX700D/DCT...riding & wrenching... my life long passion. Wife & I have an '05 Roadster, since new. Darn good group of folks here, too!

message above