Northeast Forum Serving DE, MD, NJ, NY, OH, PA, VA, WV.

Fredericksburg VA Area?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 08:47 PM
Djo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Fredericksburg VA Area?

By the age of these posts I'm not sure I'll be speaking to anybody But I got my SRT in November just turned 20,000 miles and I need to get my intercooler pump replaced have the bosh number 10 pump John to find a mechanic I can trust! I've tried the Mercedes-Benz dealerships and as soon as I mentioned crossfire the whole conversation changes they won't touch It. I've tried a couple of independence but nobody has worked on an SRT not sure I want them to learn on my car! Talking about expensive parts call Chrysler and see what they want for an intercooler pump $856 not installed! Thanks any help would be welcome

Old 06-26-2013, 10:01 PM

I've heard that the chrysler dealership here in culpeper has a crossfire specific mechanic. Might be worth looking into.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:56 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have to be careful, even if the dealership has a crossfire trained mechanic it does not mean that person will be working on your car depending on what you are getting done. Safford dodge in fredericksburg has one and a former one works at express auto in town. Your best bet is usually finding a euro specific shop and ask if they are familiar/have worked on many SLKs.

As far as parts go, always check here to see what others are using and where they got it from. If you need it, somebody here has already got one and installed it. Typically if you are looking for new parts the Chrysler dealer is more expensive than the MB dealership, just get the MB part number and give it to them. They usually don't ask what kind of car you have if you supply the number but if they do just tell them an slk. It is almost always cheaper to find the parts online or use one of the shops that frequents the boards (needswings) I know the pump is a common issue and you can get one for way less than that dealer quote.

As far as the VA group goes there are a lot of them driving around but not many ever get together, all meets I have done have been 1 or 2 others. Scott used to be active and try to set things up but I haven't seen him or his car around town in years at this point.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:35 AM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't get the Johnson pump. Look up Johnson pump and intercooler leak. Some people say it isn't an issue but I got rid of my johnson pump after reading about the potential for intercooler issues. If you do the johnson, also do the split cooling system mod to go with it. The stock pump is perfectly adequate. If you want to spend money on the SRT-6, go with either a EuroFlash tune or a SprintBooster (or both like me ) and a cold air intake from Needswings (that's my next planned mod). You'll notice the most improvement from those mods and as far as I am aware none of them come with reports of long term issues. Not to mention all of those mods can be done yourself with simple tools (no need to take to the stealership - which you shouldn't do anyways). Find an indy Mercedes shop (not many in Fredericksburg area unfortunately - I live in NoVA now where there are several options) to do your work. I trolled this thread when at school between '06 and '09 but never made it to the M&G at the barbecue stop on Route 3.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:49 AM
Forum Regular

Airscape was just reading your sig. So jealous of your rear diffusers. If you ever sell - please give me an opportunity to buy them first!

Old 06-28-2013, 12:02 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by beasticles
Airscape was just reading your sig. So jealous of your rear diffusers. If you ever sell - please give me an opportunity to buy them first!
One of the first things I ever got for the car and so lucky / glad I did. Should have been on from the factory, im too used to mine now all others look weird wide open back there. Mr miata is trying to put a buy together for a CF copy but not sure how that will turn out. If nobody is willing to part with theirs to provide a sample I may take them off and let them use mine but it scares the crap out of me. These things are like gold at this point. If the CF thing happens I may be willing to part with them :P other than that though you may be waiting for quite some time

Old 06-28-2013, 02:28 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Airscape
One of the first things I ever got for the car and so lucky / glad I did. Should have been on from the factory, im too used to mine now all others look weird wide open back there. Mr miata is trying to put a buy together for a CF copy but not sure how that will turn out. If nobody is willing to part with theirs to provide a sample I may take them off and let them use mine but it scares the crap out of me. These things are like gold at this point. If the CF thing happens I may be willing to part with them :P other than that though you may be waiting for quite some time
They are like gold - as rare as golden eggs as well. I have been tracking the potential for the CF build and am keeping an eye on it too. Just keep me in mind is all I am asking... I'll hopefully still be lurking around these forums whenever you may sell!

Old 07-23-2013, 10:58 AM

Sorry I missed this - I've been travelling and haven't had time to surf; I sent you an email, but essentially I use Eurotech in Stafford. He's off Rt 1 on Potomac Creek, just north of the airport exit.
Ask for rick, and tell him I sent you.

Kevin Long

Originally Posted by Djo
By the age of these posts I'm not sure I'll be speaking to anybody But I got my SRT in November just turned 20,000 miles and I need to get my intercooler pump replaced have the bosh number 10 pump John to find a mechanic I can trust! I've tried the Mercedes-Benz dealerships and as soon as I mentioned crossfire the whole conversation changes they won't touch It. I've tried a couple of independence but nobody has worked on an SRT not sure I want them to learn on my car! Talking about expensive parts call Chrysler and see what they want for an intercooler pump $856 not installed! Thanks any help would be welcome

Old 03-24-2014, 05:52 PM
Forum Regular
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm in Northern VA (Haymarket) but I frequent Fredericksburg pretty regularly. My best friend lives out in Stafford County, although his address is Fredericksburg. He's over near Curtis Park/Hartford Fire Station. I go out there almost every Saturday.

Old 03-24-2014, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by HOT FIYA
I'm in Northern VA (Haymarket) but I frequent Fredericksburg pretty regularly. My best friend lives out in Stafford County, although his address is Fredericksburg. He's over near Curtis Park/Hartford Fire Station. I go out there almost every Saturday.
We are in king George but let me know when you are going to fred and I'll meet you. There is a gtg at the va BBQ every Friday night (not sure when it starts) that I like to go to. I'll drive the car to the train station and stop by the gtg after work on my way out to the county. There's another gtg in orange on the 3rd Saturday of each month. There is another xfire that goes there. And there is the church of the holy donut in md that occurs on Sunday morning. I am a regular church goer, but I try to get up there once a year. Feel free to contact me at scottw60@hotmail.com if you are ever coming down.

Old 03-24-2014, 09:48 PM

Who likes crossfires and the cross? Lake of the Woods Church(locust Grove) 11 am service who's down?
mr.adams1911@aol.com
Tom

Old 07-17-2014, 07:50 PM
Smile Re: Fredericksburg VA Area?

I just got my 2005 Crossfire 3 weeks ago I live in Locust grove