Northeast Forum Serving DE, MD, NJ, NY, OH, PA, VA, WV.

Eastern shore GTG

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 08:28 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eastern shore GTG

Anyone in the D.C/Maryland area interested in getting together on the Eastern Shore at the Fisherman's Crab Deck? Its a beautiful location (with a big parking lot) built over the water with crabs and plenty of beer. The local Viper and 'Vette clubs do cruises there at some point every year. The restaurant is located in the Kent Narrows and is bordered by miles and miles of long and curvy country backroads. Just curious as to who would be (if anybody) would be interested.

From D.C. its about an hour drive from D.C. and less so further east.

Heres a link to the place...Fisherman's Inn and Crab Deck, Kent Island Maryland, Restaurant and Bar with crabs, crab cakes, steamed crabs, crab feast, seafood

Old 04-06-2010, 06:08 PM
Default Re: Eastern shore GTG

Not really into crabs but the steaks and flounder on the menu sound good. They are supposed to close one lane of the bay bridge on Sunday, May 2 so people can walk across. We where planning on going and walking. Do you know if any of those motels on Kent Island are having a shuttle bus to the bridge? Maybe we could drive, then party on Saturday and walk it off and drive home on Sunday. Just a suggestion. You didn't mention any dates for your GTG.

Old 04-06-2010, 07:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds good, work on some dates.

Old 04-07-2010, 03:28 PM

LMK I'm in.

Old 04-08-2010, 07:36 AM
Forum Regular

I guess a date is i little important, huh? I was thnking early to mid-May, before it gets ridiculously hot. Also, kids are still in school in May and that would hopefully cut down on delays at the toll booth from people heading tot he beach a little. The bridge walk is (as it predictably would be) cancelled due to the redecking of the Westbound span that is apparently slated to end in 2067 or maybe just never. Let me know what you all think and spread the word to anyone else around the area.

Old 04-08-2010, 06:08 PM

Aww, I really wanted to walk the bridge. What do you have in mind? Get together around 3pm, ride for a few hours and then go to the crab shack? Just asking here, it's your gtg. Some of us are going to the Chrysler Cruise In the last weekend of May. I prefer the first weekend of May for our GTG with the second weekend available in case of rain. With St. Louis in June and Carlisle in July we really need to do this in May. August and September are tourist central on the shore.

Old 04-08-2010, 07:34 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mid May sounds like a possibility. Wife got a new job and its heavy weekends so give me some advance warning. I know exactly where that is. Might just have to keep going...........
By the way I read the Bay Bridge Walk is cancelled again this year.

Old 04-08-2010, 11:16 PM
Forum Regular

Singerron, that scenario sounds fine. Everyone's input is more than welcome. I know; not having the bridge walk sucks, it was good $$$ for the businesses over here. You're not the only one who's bummed. For all parties interested, lets say either the Weekend of May 1st (Saturday) or the weekend of May 8th (also Saturday) are the choices. I am open for either, its just up to you good folks to decide which weekend is best and we will get this show on the road. meeting @ the Kent Narrows (where the Crab Deck is) is a great starting point for backroads heading further east.
thanks

Old 04-09-2010, 05:40 PM

I vote for May 8, we go rain or shine. Hope Patpur can make it. Any later and we have problems trying to find a date that is open. We need to set a date, meeting place, and time. This can be a good GTG. Let's do it.

Old 04-09-2010, 07:33 PM
Forum Regular

May 8th is my vote. I'm thinking lets meet @ the restaurant (I will post directions) at around 3 PM . Cruise for a while (couple of hours) and meet back again for a meal. It will be light until past 8 o'clock at that point, so time is not much of an issue. If anyone cares to, there are a ton of scenic areas around that would be perfect for an XF portrait, so bring your camera if that interests you.

Old 04-09-2010, 09:08 PM

May 8th is good for me. make sure you check my MD Crossfire Owners thread here and PM/email all the MDs to attend.

Old 04-10-2010, 09:16 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I'd be interested as long as I don't have to work that weekend.

Old 04-12-2010, 08:38 PM

Sorry Mike, I wont be able to make the GTG that weekend. I have to promote and attend a good friend's car show in Millersville, MD that day. I'll try to make the next one. If you dont get enough participants, please consider joining me at the below listed event. I would love to out show the 'Stangs.

Gentlemen/Ladies, I would like to cordially invite you to attend the 1st Annual JPC Racing Open House & Car Show. The event is scheduled for Saturday, May 8, 2010 1000am - 300pm at 301 Serendipity Drive, Millersville, MD 21108. The entry fee is $15 (pre-registered) and $20.00 the day of the show. All fees benefit the Muscular Dystrophy and Breast Cancer Research Foundations.

Please visit the website http://www.jpcracing.com/

In addition, I am very good friends with the owner/racer Justin Burcham, and he and I currently in negotiations to offer CICCI members a discount for services, parts, dyno, etc. JPC dynoed my car (the only area state of the art machine capable of precisely dynoing our babies w/o complications), installed my dual CAI, pillar gauges and fabricated my CAI "Y" pipe. He also works on Vipers. Not only is he the best Ford Mustang tuner/racer (check the web site....he produced the first ever street legal under 9.0 seconds Ford Mustang, and his race team has amassed a multitude of Championships)in the US but at my request, he's also negotiating/searching for tuners/hp gurus for the Crossfire.

We need to show our support for this show. It may lead to a various options/modifications for our Crossfire. Plus, he's a really nice guy that knows a great deal about cars and how to get power out of them, his shop is AWESOME and his mechanics are top notched. Register earlier, several Mustang Clubs are already scheduled to attend. A LARGE media and press contingency will attend this event.

Old 04-12-2010, 11:27 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ichon
Sorry Mike, I wont be able to make the GTG that weekend. I have to promote and attend a good friend's car show in Millersville, MD that day. I'll try to make the next one. If you dont get enough participants, please consider joining me at the below listed event. I would love to out show the 'Stangs.

Gentlemen/Ladies, I would like to cordially invite you to attend the 1st Annual JPC Racing Open House & Car Show. The event is scheduled for Saturday, May 8, 2010 1000am - 300pm at 301 Serendipity Drive, Millersville, MD 21108. The entry fee is $15 (pre-registered) and $20.00 the day of the show. All fees benefit the Muscular Dystrophy and Breast Cancer Research Foundations.

Please visit the website http://www.jpcracing.com/

In addition, I am very good friends with the owner/racer Justin Burcham, and he and I currently in negotiations to offer CICCI members a discount for services, parts, dyno, etc. JPC dynoed my car (the only area state of the art machine capable of precisely dynoing our babies w/o complications), installed my dual CAI, pillar gauges and fabricated my CAI "Y" pipe. He also works on Vipers. Not only is he the best Ford Mustang tuner/racer (check the web site....he produced the first ever street legal under 9.0 seconds Ford Mustang, and his race team has amassed a multitude of Championships)in the US but at my request, he's also negotiating/searching for tuners/hp gurus for the Crossfire.

We need to show our support for this show. It may lead to a various options/modifications for our Crossfire. Plus, he's a really nice guy that knows a great deal about cars and how to get power out of them, his shop is AWESOME and his mechanics are top notched. Register earlier, several Mustang Clubs are already scheduled to attend. A LARGE media and press contingency will attend this event.
Well, the hell with you. yeah, i'm not feeling so confident on the possible turn out for the May GTG. i really hope it works out but if not I will be @ millersville, no doubt. i'll let you know what ends up happening.

everyone else, if you could just let me know whether or not this is happening on the 8th or not, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks

Old 04-15-2010, 11:28 AM

It's your call Mike. You didn't know about Millersville when we set the date. If you want to go with Chas than cancel and go to Millersville. Just do it soon so people know. I don't think anyone will hold it against you. Plans change. Ron

Old 04-15-2010, 11:00 PM
Forum Regular

No way, man. I'm down 100% for the 8th. With the exception of you (singerron) I havent heard from anyone else definately coming. Pat was a maybe, fink wasnt 100% etc. I am looking forward to it...I just wish I knew who was planning on coming. So, I will post directions tonight for all interested and we will just see who shows up on the 8th. I will definately be there.

Old 04-15-2010, 11:04 PM
Forum Regular

3032 Kent Narrow Way S
Grasonville, MD 21638

Centrally Located to Mid-Atlantic Cities:
Annapolis,MD- 15 milesWashington,DC- 63 milesBaltimore,MD- 49 milesPhiladelphia,PA - 94 milesPittsburgh,PA- 280 milesRichmond,VA- 110 miles
FROM BALTIMORE/WASHINGTON, D.C.:
Eastbound US Rt. 50-301, cross Chesapeake Bay Bridge. Continue East approx. 6 miles take exit 42, Kent Narrows. Turn right at stop sign, continue 1/8 mi. and we're on left!

FROM WILMINGTON:
Westbound US Rt. 50/301. Exit 42/Kent Narrows.
Left at stop sign, proceed under bridge and we're right there in front of the Comfort Inn

Fisherman's Crab Deck - (410)827-6666

Old 04-16-2010, 06:46 AM
Forum Regular

I will be going to Millersville also. But why can't we do both?? The show is over at 3. We could be at the restaurant between 5 and 6! I think that would work! Killing 2 birds with one stone is a win in my book!
James

Old 04-16-2010, 07:28 AM

Sounds good to me. The car show people can meet the GTG group for dinner. We weren't planning on eating until 5 or 6. If we need to make reservations at the crab shack we still need to know how many people are attending and when we want to eat. I haven't eaten here before, do we need to make reservations?

Old 04-16-2010, 01:40 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by singerron
Sounds good to me. The car show people can meet the GTG group for dinner. We weren't planning on eating until 5 or 6. If we need to make reservations at the crab shack we still need to know how many people are attending and when we want to eat. I haven't eaten here before, do we need to make reservations?
2 Birds + 1 Stone works for me. We can just follow each other from Millersville back over the bridge. Reservations are not needed...unless we are dealing with a big, big group....BUT it would still be nice to know the # of people planning on doing both.

Quick Reply: Eastern shore GTG