Northeast Forum Serving DE, MD, NJ, NY, OH, PA, VA, WV.

Burtonsville, Md.

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 10:00 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Burtonsville, Md.

anyone going to be there this sunday (11-21)?

Old 11-18-2010, 12:19 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Burtonsville Md

I'll be there, I'm always there!

Old 11-18-2010, 12:28 PM
Forum Regular

cool, i'm planning on showing up, and meet some crosffire owners before the weather gets terrible.

Old 11-18-2010, 02:32 PM
Senior Member/Moderator

Not sure if anyone else will be there but it will be nice to meet you. I think Fink was going south this weekend and Jake maybe way south this weekend but I'll definitely be there around 8:45. Look for me Graphite Ltd. Coupe. By the way this may be one of the last ones for the season as it really thins out once it gets real cold. It also up in the air as to whether or not we will be allowed to use this lot any longer as Giant Food has moved across the street so this could be the final days of Burtonsville. Sure hope not. Its been a wonderful free car show every week for the past 4-5 years. I have another we can visit if they shut down Burtonsville but that wont be til spring. See you Sunday!

Old 11-19-2010, 07:43 AM

I am in town. Will try to get over there Sunday for what maybe the last meet. Would like to wash the car Saturday if possible.

Old 11-19-2010, 08:03 AM
Senior Member/Moderator

We have to go to Fredrick in the AM. I will be back around 2 so I will call you. Should be no problem.
Pat

Old 11-19-2010, 08:12 AM
Forum Regular

cool, i'll be there around 9ish. look for my red 2004.....i may bring the old plymouth also.

Old 11-27-2010, 04:21 PM
Senior Member/Moderator

I'm guessing tomorrow is pretty much gonna wrap up this cruise season at Burtonsville. Supposed to be a nice day although cold. This may be the last one in this location as the Giant is now closed, other businesses are closing and they are either going to re-hab the center or tear it down. I'm also hearing the new center (which is our old lot where the Giant has moved to) will not allow us to congregate there. I'm sure it will all come together over the winter months. If not there is a pretty decent Cruise In in Laytonsville on Friday nights. They even have a 50/50. That is shut down for now and will reopen in the spring. Hope to see you guys in the am.
Pat

Old 11-29-2010, 07:50 AM
Senior Member/Moderator

Just a follow up to my last post. Burtonsville is pretty much done for the season. The actual cruise in runs all year long but its only a few die hards once it gets cold. Yesterday there were only about 20 cars. We'll see everyone in the spring!
Pat

Old 11-29-2010, 07:57 AM
PNA
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by patpur
I'm guessing tomorrow is pretty much gonna wrap up this cruise season at Burtonsville. Supposed to be a nice day although cold. This may be the last one in this location as the Giant is now closed, other businesses are closing and they are either going to re-hab the center or tear it down. I'm also hearing the new center (which is our old lot where the Giant has moved to) will not allow us to congregate there. I'm sure it will all come together over the winter months. If not there is a pretty decent Cruise In in Laytonsville on Friday nights. They even have a 50/50. That is shut down for now and will reopen in the spring. Hope to see you guys in the am.
Pat
Hey Pat,

Didn't see this thread until today. I wouldn't have made it out this past Sunday anyway (mine is in the shop for the Tranmissions Valve Body repair that they screwed up -- it's been there since last Wednesday).

Where is the Cruise-In in Laytonsville? That's so close to my house it'd be great to check that out in the Spring?

Old 11-30-2010, 10:50 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Burtonsville, Md.

yeah i was away over the weekend, or i would have come out. i think the cruising season is pretty much done for the year. yeah any more information about the laytonsville cruise? and is there a list of local cruises that will allow modern cars?

Old 11-30-2010, 01:54 PM
Senior Member/Moderator

Check out Capitol Cruzin on the web. A complete list of area crusie ins, shows etc. You guys didn't miss anything Sunday. Very few cars, mostly a bunch of gray haired old farts milling around the lot. I left at 9:45.
Laytonsville's Cruise in (on Rt 108 just east of the Firehouse) is held on Friday nights from 5:30 until. Its at the Laytonsville Shopping Center and gets a pretty good crowd. The Fire Dept sponsors it and quite a few times they have had their canteen serve hot dogs and hamburgers. There's also an excellent pizza place, seating is limited. Last time we were there in early September they were turning people away. They have a 50/50 as well. Not the same caliber as Burtonsville but some nice cars and nice people. That one is down for the season and should start back up in April, I'll post something, not sure what I'll be driving at that point if anything. If I don;t make a move with my car in the next week or two (I'm looking at another Cobra-) I'm putting my car up for sale in March

Old 02-27-2011, 09:53 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

hey guys just wanted to know if this event is still on at the same place for 2011. Hope to see you there.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:06 AM
Forum Regular

I cant find the post, but Pat mentioned something about it earlier. they are either going to have it at the new Giant, or at the old location. i'm sure someone will chime in about it soon though. I'm ready for a cruise. if anyone just wants to show up at Burtonsville some sunday morning let me know, i'll be there.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:29 AM
Senior Member/Moderator

Here's what I've been told - Burtonsville is still very much on. Talk is it could be moved to the new Giant Shopping Center across the street (which is where it was before they renovated the center). At the moment my car has no pipes on it and will be that way for a few weeks. Once I get them back on and we have a warm Sunday I'll ride over and see what's shakin'. If I hear anything in the mean time I'll post it. There are two new Cruise In's you guys may want to consider.......... Laytonsville on Rt 108 in Laytonsville in the Laytonsville Shopping Center across from Stadler's Nursery. Start April 1st through Oct. 5:30 pm until (Friday nights). This one draws a large crowd and there's a place to get a decent pizza. As well the Laytonsville FD sometimes grills out.
Saturday nights the Olney Cruise In has moved to and is now sponsored by The Green Turtle. Rt 108 and Spartan Drive. This one used to be a biggie but the past few years its fallen off. They start up April 2nd and 6:00 pm.
I will definitely be at Laytonsville, Olney is smack dab in the middle of our church meeting on Saturday evenings and I plan on being at Burtonsville as weather permits, I got no top!

Last edited by patpur; 02-28-2011 at 10:32 AM.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:57 AM
Forum Regular

I'm planning on going to the one in Laytonsville since it will be close to my office. I'm guessing that they allow modern cars in along with the classics?

Old 02-28-2011, 02:55 PM
PNA
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm going to try to hit the Laytonsville and Olney ones occasionally since they are close and easy. I can't wait for the good weather and want to see Pat's new ride. Pat, I was in CVS yesterday and saw one of the model replicas and immediately thought of you and your new ride.

Also, I've been able to aviod much of the winter mess in the Crossfire (used my other car - steal if from my son for a day here and there) so far (not all of it), but I'd still like to get the salt, sand and other road application days behind us............

Old 02-28-2011, 03:18 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by chisler29
I'm planning on going to the one in Laytonsville since it will be close to my office. I'm guessing that they allow modern cars in along with the classics?
Yep, it's a "bring what you got" kind of thing, really just a social thing for people to drink coffee and look at cars on Sunday mornings. Where do you live btw? I'm over by lake Needwood Golf Course (Rockville/Derwood)

Old 02-28-2011, 04:02 PM
Senior Member/Moderator

Laytonsville is a fairly new one. I had my car there last summer 4 or 5 times. Its a mix of cars some new, some old. They do a 50/50 which is kind of nice and the pizza at the pizza place is worth the trip.
Paul thanks for thinking about me. I hope March goes by quickly I'm so bored I spent yesterday afternoon cleaning under the car. I'm anxious to get out there and show the Cobra.
For those of you who can't get out to Burtonsville there is another Cruise In in Rockville on Shady Grove road on Sunday at 11 a.m. This is at the Exxon right before the 370 interchange. I've never done this one but it looks like it gets a fair amount of support. They have a website tied in to Laytonsville's web site. One thing about Laytonsville ........... like I said I've been there 4-5 times. No one has ever asked me to join, nothing. Yet you look at the web site and it appears they have membership?

Old 02-28-2011, 05:24 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sennaspirit
Yep, it's a "bring what you got" kind of thing, really just a social thing for people to drink coffee and look at cars on Sunday mornings. Where do you live btw? I'm over by lake Needwood Golf Course (Rockville/Derwood)
I live in Laurel MD, but work in Rockville.

Quick Reply: Burtonsville, Md.