CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Northeast Forum (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/northeast-forum/)
-   -   split window effect (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/northeast-forum/52756-split-window-effect.html)

aawindley 10-15-2011 06:28 PM

split window effect

1 Attachment(s)
Wear do I find this split window effect?
If any body knows please tell me

bluecoupe 10-15-2011 06:45 PM

Re: split window effect

Last year you could find it at the Walter P Chrysler Museum in Auburn Hills during WDC. :rolleyes:

patpur 10-15-2011 08:06 PM

It actually wasn't a split front window. It looks like it in the pictures but it was actually the windshield wiper. Been brought up here before a few years back.

bluecoupe 10-16-2011 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by patpur
It actually wasn't a split front window. It looks like it in the pictures but it was actually the windshield wiper. Been brought up here before a few years back.

The rear window has the "spine" splitting it in two and the parked position of the wiper completes the effect.

TomStratRT 10-16-2011 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by aawindley
Wear do I find this split window effect?
If any body knows please tell me

Like we need any LESS rear visibility. It was cool for the concept, not so much for production.

downwardspiral 10-16-2011 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by TomStratRT
Like we need any LESS rear visibility. It was cool for the concept, not so much for production.

I don't have a problem with rear visibilty lol.. adjust your mirrors!

oledoc2u 10-16-2011 08:25 PM

mirrors or not, there is a blind spot directly behind the car...just like my big rig...lol... back up cameras work great...or look before you get in...:cool:

TomStratRT 10-17-2011 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by downwardspiral
I don't have a problem with rear visibilty lol.. adjust your mirrors!

They can't be adjusted to fix the problem. A tiny window that sits up high like an SUV, cannot be fixed. I too have installed a backup camera to get by. :D

patpur 10-17-2011 08:59 PM

I permanently fixed my "blind spot"!.

downwardspiral 10-17-2011 10:13 PM

They can't be adjusted to fix the problem. A tiny window that sits up high like an SUV, cannot be fixed. I too have installed a backup camera to get by. :D

Pshh... lower it :). I learned to drive on a 73 mach 1, which is a rolling blind spot. I can see just fine out of the back of the crossfire. I may actually convert the rear window to a solar panel.
Check the blindness:
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...6_977541_n.jpg

+fireamx 10-17-2011 10:36 PM

Aawindley, are you asking about the windshield "split" or the "spine" in the rear window?
Actually the spine in the rear window doesn't effect rear visibility that much. Certainly nothing at all like the split window Vette did. It just creates a slightly "distorted" view when looking thru the rear view mirror.
I really wish our rear window had the same spine effect, I love it.
I really like the wrap around windshield as well. The concept car has more of a "cockpit" look about it.
The rear window can really be seen in the photos taken at the Chrysler museum.
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...er-museum.html

Joliet John 10-17-2011 10:40 PM

I can't imagine it would be all that difficult to have a stick on spline on the rear window, painted to match the body color.

killerkanadian 10-17-2011 10:52 PM

I don't know about you guys, but i can't see S*** out of my mirrors. When i bought it, it came with those little round sticker mirrors so i can back up and such.

+fireamx 10-17-2011 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Joliet John
I can't imagine it would be all that difficult to have a stick on spline on the rear window, painted to match the body color.

John, did you look at the photos of the rear window of the concept car?
The spine in the rear window is simply a very slight "ridge" running down the center of the glass.
You can still see right thru it.

killerkanadian 10-17-2011 11:19 PM

Really there is no problem seeing behind the crossfire. It's the massive blind spots/trying to back up

Joliet John 10-18-2011 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by +fireamx
John, did you look at the photos of the rear window of the concept car?
The spine in the rear window is simply a very slight "ridge" running down the center of the glass.
You can still see right thru it.

OK. A clear plastic stick on ridge, or... if you want to get more accurate, you'd need a glass shop to slump a piece of glass to the right shape, then glue it on with a nice UV adhesive.