Northeast Forum Serving DE, MD, NJ, NY, OH, PA, VA, WV.

Recurring car meets in DMV area

Old 06-28-2017, 11:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Recurring car meets in DMV area

It took me a couple weeks of surfing the web before I found an easy way to track car events around me, in the DMV area. There's a website that was outdated last I saw: findcarmeets. But there is a girl, Jennifer Mack, on Facebook that posts all the DMV car meets every day of the week.

Old 07-24-2017, 04:28 PM
Default Re: Recurring car meets in DMV area

Findcarmeets was outdated in the DMV area for a while, but it looks like he has caught up with recent changes. I have only seen one car show listed in a month that wasn't actually occurring. Now I need to find similar listings for other car events. I only find half mile races and autocross by pure luck.

Old 07-24-2017, 04:50 PM
Forum Regular
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh man, there's so many of them.

First and foremost, like/follow this page on Facebook:
Facebook Post

Here are some of the meets that I try to frequent.

Cars & Coffee at Dulles Landing
Every Sunday, 7AM - 9AM
24560 Dulles Landing Dr, Sterling VA (Dunkin Donuts)
Facebook page:
Facebook Post

Katie's Cars & Coffee
Every Saturday, 6AM - 9AM
760 Walker Rd, Great Falls VA 22066
Facebook page:
Facebook Post
[%7B%5C%22surface%5C%22%3A%5C%22page%5C%22%2C%5C%22 mechanism%5C%22%3A%5C%22page_upcoming_events_card% 5C%22%2C%5C%22extra_data%5C%22%3A[]%7D]%22%2C%22has_source%22%3Atrue%7D

Gainesville Weekly Meet
Every Wednesday, 7PM - 11PM
5143 Wellington Rd, Gainesville VA 20155 (Buffalo Wild Wings)
Facebook page:
Facebook Post

Chic-Fil-A Meet
Every Friday, 7:30PM - whenever
21100 Dulles Town Center Cir, Sterling VA 20166
Facebook page:
Facebook Post

*Edit - for some reason none of the links show up. When I go to edit the post they are there, but they don't show up in the post.

Old 07-31-2017, 01:51 PM

Looks like Jennifer Mack deleted her facebook page or something along those lines. Now we're dependent on word-of-mouth and findcarmeets again. Jennifer Mack used to list nearly ten event a day, so I know there are many events I am missing announcements for.

Old 08-02-2017, 01:15 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TheThomaswastaken
Looks like Jennifer Mack deleted her facebook page or something along those lines. Now we're dependent on word-of-mouth and findcarmeets again. Jennifer Mack used to list nearly ten event a day, so I know there are many events I am missing announcements for.

That chick sucks. I'm generally the type of guy that gets along with everyone, especially those with common interests like cars. I can almost guarantee you that she deleted her facebook page to escape the slanderous comments that she had coming her way.

In short, she came out of nowhere into the car scene a little under a year ago and acted like she was Miss Big Stuff. My friends and started a little local car meet a few years back (2015ish) out in Gainesville at Buffalo Wild Wings with the intention of keeping it low key. You know, just a little get together amongst friends. Car meets are constantly getting shut down here in NoVa due to the younger audience (18-24) coming out and feeling the need to be rev-happy, do burnouts and speeding through parking lots like idiots. Well, earlier this year she somehow discovered our previously well-kept secret meet (we had a private facebook page for it that was invite only) and decided to take it upon herself to create a non-private event page for it and invited literally anyone she could find that owned a modified car. Ultimately it led to the demise of our meet as it got overrun with hordes of rev happy Hondas, giant lifted trucks that LITERALLY were doing tug-of-war pulls in the parking lot and just a lot of immature behavior in general. She wound up getting called out on it by multiple parties and then disappeared shortly thereafter. She won't get any sympathy from me though. Despite the fact that she KNEW she had stepped on other people's toes, she never made any attempts to apologize or even walk up to me/the other few guys that started the meet years back to talk to us. She just strutted around the meet like she had orchestrated it and didn't give any credit where credit was due.

But if you add me on facebook I can invite you to the new private event page I recently setup. We relocated the meet a few miles away from the old location. Still a little bit of a hike for you though since you're in MD.

Old 08-03-2017, 04:09 PM

Alright, I texted you for your facebook. I have no idea what your last name is. How late are you guys out?

Old 08-03-2017, 05:24 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TheThomaswastaken
Alright, I texted you for your facebook. I have no idea what your last name is. How late are you guys out?

Ok cool, i'll reply to it asap.

Depends - usually like 11:30 or so. Most people show up between 8-9:30.

Old 08-03-2017, 07:44 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Talking Re: Recurring car meets in DMV area

buffalo wings is a few miles from me, will have to meet up next week, Woody

Old 08-03-2017, 07:51 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by waldig
buffalo wings is a few miles from me, will have to meet up next week, Woody

Maybe you can help me address my P0453 CEL issue....lol.

Old 08-03-2017, 07:59 PM

Dont know if you have this info, for what its worth till wednesday.woody

What does that mean? This diagnostic trouble code (DTC) is a generic powertrain code, which means that it applies to OBD-II equipped vehicles. Although generic, the specific repair steps may vary depending on make/model. The EVAP (Evaporative Emissions) System allows fuel tank vapors to be purged into the engine and burnt rather than expelled into the atmosphere as harmful emissions. The EVAP system contains a pressure sensor to check the integrity of the system. Periodically, the EVAP system performs a pressure test to check that there are no leaks in the system. It uses this sensor, also known as a fuel tank pressure (FTP) sensor to check for leaks. Basically P0453 means the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) noticed the EVAP Pressure sensor or FTP is indicating a higher than normal pressure (above 4.5 Volts) in the EVAP system. NOTE: On some vehicles the FTP is a part of the fuel pump assembly in the tank. Related evaporative emission trouble codes include P0450, P0451, P0452, P0454, P0455, P0456, P0457, P0458, and P0459.

Read more at: https://www.obd-codes.com/p0453
Copyright OBD-Codes.com

Old 08-03-2017, 08:02 PM

Trying to do Pantara so sorta slow. See this

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...itch-high.html
WDY

Old 08-04-2017, 12:51 PM
Forum Regular

Dont know if you have this info, for what its worth till wednesday.woody

What does that mean? This diagnostic trouble code (DTC) is a generic powertrain code, which means that it applies to OBD-II equipped vehicles. Although generic, the specific repair steps may vary depending on make/model. The EVAP (Evaporative Emissions) System allows fuel tank vapors to be purged into the engine and burnt rather than expelled into the atmosphere as harmful emissions. The EVAP system contains a pressure sensor to check the integrity of the system. Periodically, the EVAP system performs a pressure test to check that there are no leaks in the system. It uses this sensor, also known as a fuel tank pressure (FTP) sensor to check for leaks. Basically P0453 means the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) noticed the EVAP Pressure sensor or FTP is indicating a higher than normal pressure (above 4.5 Volts) in the EVAP system. NOTE: On some vehicles the FTP is a part of the fuel pump assembly in the tank. Related evaporative emission trouble codes include P0450, P0451, P0452, P0454, P0455, P0456, P0457, P0458, and P0459.

Read more at: https://www.obd-codes.com/p0453
Copyright OBD-Codes.com

Thanks Woody. Yeah I've read into the code, but it seems that there are several things that can cause it. I'm guessing it's either the fuel pressure sensor or the relay wire that attaches to the sensor itself going bad. I'm going to go ahead and replace both just to be safe.

Old 08-04-2017, 01:00 PM

did you see the comments from Pizzaman? He had a connector issue, corrosion. ww

Old 08-07-2017, 12:39 PM
Forum Regular

did you see the comments from Pizzaman? He had a connector issue, corrosion. ww

Yeah I saw his comments. I was able to delete the code using my Ultragauge and so far is hasn't come back on. Gonna try to go see if it'll pass emissions tomorrow morning.

Old 08-08-2017, 12:39 PM
Forum Regular

@waldig

Is this the possible culprit that needs to be replaced?

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/CRB2...earchIndex=App

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/CRB2...earchIndex=App

Or perhaps this?

http://www.autozone.com/fuel-deliver...031_22737_4692

Old 08-08-2017, 12:48 PM
PNA
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HOT FIYA
Oh man, there's so many of them.

First and foremost, like/follow this page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dmvcarmeets/

Here are some of the meets that I try to frequent.

Cars & Coffee at Dulles Landing
Every Sunday, 7AM - 9AM
24560 Dulles Landing Dr, Sterling VA (Dunkin Donuts)
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/816901945090782/

Katie's Cars & Coffee
Every Saturday, 6AM - 9AM
760 Walker Rd, Great Falls VA 22066
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/events/4816...story%22%3A%22[%7B%5C%22surface%5C%22%3A%5C%22page%5C%22%2C%5C%22 mechanism%5C%22%3A%5C%22page_upcoming_events_card% 5C%22%2C%5C%22extra_data%5C%22%3A[]%7D]%22%2C%22has_source%22%3Atrue%7D

Gainesville Weekly Meet
Every Wednesday, 7PM - 11PM
5143 Wellington Rd, Gainesville VA 20155 (Buffalo Wild Wings)
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1227...A%22null%22%7D

Chic-Fil-A Meet
Every Friday, 7:30PM - whenever
21100 Dulles Town Center Cir, Sterling VA 20166
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/events/434094610084876/

*Edit - for some reason none of the links show up. When I go to edit the post they are there, but they don't show up in the post.

I sent this link to you weeks ago. Lists shows and cruisein's by area. Just peruse the website.

CAPITAL CRUISIN'-- Cruise Ins