Where to go for service /Seattle-Eastside

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 09:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to go for service /Seattle-Eastside

Greetings ,

say I need a recommendation what Dealer I should take my SRT-6
for General service , ie oil changes ect

Seattle / Eastside ect , SRT-6 trained mechanic/ Names ?

anybody with help / much appeciated also where to Stay Away from..

Thanks...

Happy Motoring

Old 03-24-2008, 10:05 PM
Default Re: Where to go for service /Seattle-Eastside

Hi I live in the Everett area and when I asked the local dealers service shop I was told there are only two trained guys for the Crossfire. One rotates around the area the other one.... sorry but I cant remember where that guys works at. Simple service they said they could do but if there were any major items they would need to get the guy to come look a it.

Old 05-04-2008, 06:15 AM

BUMP...Any input ??

anybody use a MB dealer for Oil Change ?

Happy Motoring

Old 05-04-2008, 07:58 AM
Forum Regular

I have had my oil changed and minor service/warranty work done at Raerdon's off 124th. I've been happy with them and have had no issues. However, they forgot to reset oil tool deally doo...so, I will have to do that myself. Make sure you remind them.

I've been treated nicely and they are very quick to call back and let me know updates to my car...I've been happy.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:13 PM

BUMP..
Say where do you get your service done in the Seattle area,eastside , westside ...Specifics..ect...ect...Specific to the SRT-6

Thanks...

Old 04-28-2009, 01:40 PM
Forum Regular

I think the best bet would be to do it your self. At least that is what my conclusion is.
Do not go to the Chrysler dealer on Rainer ave. in Renton. I Had a really bad experience
with them!

Let me know if you need any help on anything, I live in the Kent / Renton area!

Old 07-19-2009, 07:52 PM

Not sure if anyone still keeps an eye on this thread, but I'm headed to the Mercedes Garage coming Tuesday to get my IC pump replaced finally. It kills me to have to fork out a likely $250+ to get in a $100+ pump, but I have a healthy fear of other generic shops, even when they claim intimate knowledge of the XF.
Considering that the Goodyear shop in Woodinville is charging the same $95/h, this should be a better bet. Will update.

This is yet another great motivation to work on my non-existent DIY skills...

Old 07-21-2009, 08:44 PM

Update: It was an EXCELLENT experience, and I am surely going to be using the Mercedes Garage for my servicing and installation needs.
Johnson IC pump installed, wiring adaptor replaced, old adaptor returned with old pump "in case of a need to switch back to stock", all for $205 total. The size of the OEM pump is almost twice that of the CM30...
While waiting and observing the job, saw quite a few other MB cars coming in and out. There was a real nice gold 1970 280SL roadster with a broken top, but they fixed him up quickly after finding and replacing a missing bolt in the folding frame. Saw a few SL500s as well, but my XF SRT engine looked the best

If you need reliable help with your XF, this seems like a good place to start.

Old 03-30-2017, 01:29 PM

I can say from experience that the tech at Raerdon's in Kirkland is not a valid choice at this time. The tech that was "trained" to work on the XF has since lost most of his knowledge. He put to much oil, 9 quarts, and could not reset the FSS after having the car for an additional 2 hours. They also did not change the cabin air filter even after I specifically mentioned it as part of the service i wanted.

He has said I need parts replaced that at working and that things that do work are not. This dealership will not be touching my car ever again unless they are literally the last option on the planet.

I will be taking my car to Jiffy Lube for oil changes and doing the rest of the work that I can on the vehicle myself. I will try out the MB Garage in Bellevue if I need a mechanic as advised by laitsber.

Old 03-30-2017, 02:38 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

AVOID JIFFY LUBE !!!!!
Get yourself a topsider and change the oil yourself.
Any 16 yr old girl could do it.

Old 04-03-2017, 06:59 PM
Administrator
Received 880 Likes on 686 Posts

Jiffy Lube?

There MIGHT be a good Jiffy Lube somewhere in the country, but their business model is: Hire minimum wage untrained persons, encourage them by offering them good commissions on sales and let 'em go.

The idea is that doing oil changes, the employees make minimum wage - they only make real money if they can sell you services or parts you don't need - and that's what they do. But "Untrained" is the word you should pay attention to.

Don't set yourself up for a "Dr. Phil moment". If you REALLY want to pay someone to do what you could do, go find an independent MB/German car shop that is known for good work.. In fact, for OIL CHANGES and such, any reputable garage would be OK, I think. Expect your oil change to run $100 and up to $150. You can do it yourself for around $60-80 depending on what specials you can find on the oil.

Old 04-12-2017, 02:30 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jiffy lube and the sort, are a lot like fast food vendors. The only people working there, are the people not motivated enough to get a real job. I would never go to any of those quicky lube places for anything. I can teach you how to change your oil in 30 minutes Just hit me up!

I usually charge 1 beer.

Old 09-05-2017, 03:43 PM

I use a guy in Snoqualmie, Absolute Import Domestic Auto. He fixed my transmission leak when I had my SRT. Unfortunately a week after he fixed it, my car was totaled by a 91 Isuzu Rodeo. I now own a 2004 Limited. 18,000 miles on it when I bought it a little over a year ago. Now pushing 33,000. I still go to him. He is really good and his prices are fair. He won't sell you on anything you don't need.