CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Other Cars (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/other-cars/)
-   -   Crossfire vs Solstice Reliability (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/other-cars/23631-crossfire-vs-solstice-reliability.html)

chuck65 04-16-2008 04:12 PM

Crossfire vs Solstice Reliability

Just thought you may be interested in what I found on my Consumers Reports website tonight on vehicle reliability. The Crossfire came in at 50% better than average, Only higher were the Honda Civic, Mini Cooper, and Porsche Cayman. The Pontiac Solstice rated 234% below average. Feel better now?

InfernoRedXfire 04-16-2008 04:15 PM

Re: Crossfire vs Solstice Reliability

I'm not a big fan of C.R. but that is good news. Did they say how the Sky rated?

Maxwell 04-16-2008 04:49 PM

What are they rating? durability, repair bills, interior parts, ???

Hangman 04-16-2008 06:36 PM

CR rates their reliability rating based on the service repair records it gets from the car manufacturers. They collect all that data and then break it down by catagory such as electrical, brakes, transmisison minor, transmisison major, etc etc.. Then they group the cars into its class and then compare the results across the class and comes up with a baseline for an average and rate the cars as such. I normally don't like how CR tests products, but the vehcile reliability ratings are not tests that they perform, but repair data they collect from the car companies and analyzed. I think it is a very good indicator of reliability. Hence you would normally see the trend of first model years having higher reliability issues since they are still working out the bugs.

Mike-in-Orange 04-16-2008 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by chuck65
Feel better now?

I didn't feel bad before.

CoupeGirl 04-16-2008 07:05 PM

my civic had all types of issues

+fireamx 04-16-2008 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by CoupeGirl
my civic had all types of issues

That's strange, None of my Civics ever did, and I've owned a dozen.:)

chuck65 04-17-2008 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
I'm not a big fan of C.R. but that is good news. Did they say how the Sky rated?

70% worse than average for the Sky.

chuck65 04-17-2008 03:33 AM

If you guys are like me, if Consumers rates the car I own as being very good, I think how smart they all must be to come to the same conclusion as I did. If they rate it below average, I think to myself, those dumb asses what must they be thinking. It's the power of the rationalizing process. :)

+fireamx 04-17-2008 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by chuck65
If you guys are like me, if Consumers rates the car I own as being very good, I think how smart they all must be to come to the same conclusion as I did. If they rate it below average, I think to myself, those dumb asses what must they be thinking. It's the power of the rationalizing process. :)

LOL...How true.:)

CoupeGirl 04-17-2008 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by +fireamx
That's strange, None of my Civics ever did, and I've owned a dozen.:)

The interor was a night mare it scratched just llooking at it.....and it was a first year car 2006

CoupeGirl 04-17-2008 06:09 AM

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/86/26...0c61d459_b.jpg

Rblakeney 04-17-2008 07:06 AM

How does the Crossfire compare to the same SLK 320 platform? I seem to recall that the Crossfires were proving less problem prone than the Mercedes platform than whence it came. Karmann built the Crossfires -- Mercedes built the SLKs, right?

Montana Crossfire 04-17-2008 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Rblakeney
How does the Crossfire compare to the same SLK 320 platform? I seem to recall that the Crossfires were proving less problem prone than the Mercedes platform than whence it came. Karmann built the Crossfires -- Mercedes built the SLKs, right?

You will find higher priced items tend to rate lower in satisfaction for 2 reasons.
1.) A person pays more they expect far more from the product.
2.) It has been proven psychologically people in higher income brackets tend to expect to be heard more, there for file more complaints hence the lower ratings.
Just think about it a low income person gets a second hand car that has a door handle falling off and an AM radio sitiing on the floor yet they are happy it gets them to work and home everyday. This is just Human nature.

When Sony TV's dominated the tech world they were rated #1 in quality but at the same time they where also rated #1 in customer complaints!
Figure that one out... :rolleyes:

Montana Crossfire 04-17-2008 08:32 AM

Why Would Anyone Compare The Crossfire To A Solstice Anyway ???

sonoronos 04-17-2008 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Montana Crossfire
Just think about it a low income person gets a second hand car that has a door handle falling off and an AM radio sitiing on the floor yet they are happy it gets them to work and home everyday. This is just Human nature

Montana, we need to send you to remedial classes on human nature!

I remember quite clearly my days of "low income" and there was still quite a bit of complaining of low qual workmanship etc on cars, etc. If anything "low income" people complain more because they don't have a choice regarding what they buy.

In my experience, complaining is human nature, whether rich or poor.

chuck65 04-17-2008 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Rblakeney

SLK 320 is much worse than average overall but the V-6 engine alone is much better than average.