CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Other Cars (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/other-cars/)
-   -   Signs of the Creator? (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/other-cars/29740-signs-creator.html)

+fireamx 11-19-2008 05:35 PM

Signs of the Creator?

This is an older concept created by Hundai.

http://robson.m3rlin.org/cars/2004-h...car/#more-1556

I was just wondering if the Crossfires original "creator" Eric Stoddard had anything to do with it. Certain aspects of the Hundai looked very familiar.

ZAHANMA 11-19-2008 09:16 PM

Re: Signs of the Creator?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Stoddard did actually go to Hyundai after he designed the crossfire.

I thought I read/heard somewhere that he was one of the designers on the new Hyundai Genesis Coupe???

Again, correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT: Just confirmed that he does in fact work for Hyundai now... though still not 100% about the Genesis Coupe comment... Will research more tomorrow.

RE-EDIT: Didn't want to wait until tomorrow. Both statements are in fact true. He is/was the lead designer for the genesis coupe. His resume isn't shabby...

-HYUNDAI:
Lead Exterior Designer, 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe
Lead Exterior Designer, Hyundai Concept Genesis Coupe
Lead Exterior Designer, Hyundai HCD-9 Talus Concept
Lead Exterior Designer, 2007 Hyundai Elantra/Avante
Lead Exterior Designer, Kia KCD-1 Slice Concept

-DAIMLER/CHRYSLER:
Lead designer, Chrysler Crossfire coupe and roadster
Lead designer, Dodge SRT-4

Not bad for a days work...

Mike-in-Orange 11-20-2008 07:28 AM

Yep, Mr. Stoddard is definitely good with a pencil!! A few months ago at the local Cars & Coffee show a bunch of us local Crossfire owners had parked together and Hyundai rolled in a pair of test mule Genesis Coupes. I walked over and talked to the guys, mentioning I was aware that Mr. Stoddard had penned both it and "my" Crossfire. When I pointed our group of cars the Hyundai guys said they'd pass along to Mr. Stoddard that we were in attendance that day, and how much we were enjoying our Crossfires. They said he'd be happy to hear about it.

rodimus 11-20-2008 08:14 AM

That 310 Hp version of the genesis looks pretty nice. I'd never imagined myself in Hyundai before.
Thats great power and and estimated price around $25,000, best horsepower for the buck out there.

Will it be AWD, or an option?

jonnyangel04 11-20-2008 08:35 AM

hyundai is steping up there game pretty high if you ask me. I love that concept do I go as far as say I would have possibly bought that over the crossfire if the engine was right ??? I will put my flame suite on.... it is Scaglietti, meets R8 means DB9

ZAHANMA 11-20-2008 08:39 AM

no flames coming from here...

i too like the design. i think the problem with the car is the stigma surrounding the badge affixed to it. hyundai is fighting so hard to topple the impression that they create cheap, low quality, economy cars.

This is definately a step in the right direction. I think that one thing that would help them tremendously, even though it is a minor issue, is to rebrand themselves. Re-vamp the logo, a fresh start if you will. I think that would help significantly.

My $.02

jonnyangel04 11-20-2008 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by ZAHANMA

i too like the design. i think the problem with the car is the stigma surrounding the badge affixed to it. hyundai is fighting so hard to topple the impression that they create cheap, low quality, economy cars.

This is definately a step in the right direction. I think that one thing that would help them tremendously, even though it is a minor issue, is to rebrand themselves. Re-vamp the logo, a fresh start if you will. I think that would help significantly.

My $.02

like a scion addition to Toyota ? I could see that happening something new but not redoing completly. I just had a dream they put the 4.6 375hp genesis engine in that car and someone came out with a turbo kit. The genesis will do a 14.0 1/4 time might give some of you limited boys a run for their money

rodimus 11-20-2008 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by ZAHANMA

My $.02

That's funny- The first I would do if I ever bought a Genesis is debadge the crap out of it, to the point where I wouldn't even remember it was a Hyundai? lol