CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Other Cars (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/other-cars/)
-   -   Deja vu (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/other-cars/32044-deja-vu.html)

+fireamx 02-19-2009 08:42 PM

Deja vu

I just found my Crossfires 40 year old alter ego.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968-...item27b06c6052

amx1397 02-19-2009 08:45 PM

Re: Deja vu

I think i was the first owner,, looks like one of the AMX's that i owned most white cars came with red int. .

+fireamx 02-19-2009 09:05 PM

Yeah Jim, I agree. Most white X's I've seen had a red interior, especially in 1969. I think it would go nicer with that red stripe, and be even more of a twin to my Crossfire. Ironically, I've got an original White 68 with a black interior and black stripes sitting in my garage right next to my 69.

CALL911 02-19-2009 09:52 PM

I like your hood better !

Mimi05SRT6 02-20-2009 02:32 AM

Nice....Very Nice! :cool:

+fireamx 02-20-2009 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by CALL911
I like your hood better !

Thanks 911, I do to. But this white 69 AMX may just be more like your cars alter ego, what with its red line tires and 5 spoke wheels.

InfernoRedXfire 02-20-2009 08:10 AM

That's pretty cool. That showroom is not too far from me. I need to go check it out.

Bigkid 02-20-2009 09:12 AM

Wow cool car! Thanks for sharing, it took me dowm memory lane. In Dec. of 69 I was 18 and after two years in an Opel GT when my friends were driving Mustangs, Vetts, Chevells, AMX'S (you get the picture) I finally got a 65 GTO 389 TRI POWER. Those were the days, between the cars and the war thank God most of us lived through it. That little Opel did teach me how to shift pretty good just trying to keep up with the pack.

Franc Rauscher 02-20-2009 09:34 AM

Talk about memory lane.

In 1966 my "steady" was the daughter of a man with two American Motors dealerships. We were talking the big M word and I was close to being a son-in-law.

But my dad was a Pontiac man.

So for the Prom I insisted on driving my 56 Starchief instead of the Javelin or the Marlin her father offered. I could have had anything on the lot. Including his lovely blonde daughter.

But, I was my own man! We went to the prom in the Pontiac. And later, I was single, looking for a new girlfriend.:(

roadster with a stick

And there goes any and all perceptions you all had that I might be intelligent.:rolleyes:

Stogey 02-20-2009 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
That's pretty cool. That showroom is not too far from me. I need to go check it out.

ROAD TRIP !!! ;) :cool:

MisterTaz 02-20-2009 02:50 PM

Code:

Talk about memory lane.

In 1966 my "steady" was the daughter of a man with two American Motors dealerships. We were talking the big M word and I was close to being a son-in-law.

So for the Prom I insisted on driving my 56 Starchief instead of the Javelin or the Marlin her father offered. I could have had anything on the lot. Including his lovely blonde daughter.

But, I was my own man! We went to the prom in the Pontiac. And later, I was single, looking for a new girlfriend.:(

roadster with a stick

And there goes any and all perceptions you all had that I might be intelligent.:rolleyes:

I don't know Frank; from what I have seen and read on this sight I think it was a blessing. It seems like Cathy was the "Real" deal!!!:p So I think my perceptions of you and your intelligence are still good:rolleyes:

JMHO...

Respectfully,

Paul (MisterTaz)

Franc Rauscher 02-20-2009 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by MisterTaz
Code:

Talk about memory lane.

roadster with a stick

I don't know Frank; from what I have seen and read on this sight I think it was a blessing. It seems like Cathy was the "Real" deal!!!:p So I think my perceptions of you and your intelligence are still good:rolleyes:

JMHO...

Respectfully,

Paul (MisterTaz)

Cathy was pure luck. Or pure hormones, depending on who you ask.

Intelligence had nothing to do with it.

That said, I wouldn't mind an AMX in the garage. (But, I wouldn't trade Cathy for it)

roadster with a stick

Erzer 02-20-2009 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
Cathy was pure luck. Or pure hormones, depending on who you ask.

Intelligence had nothing to do with it.

That said, I wouldn't mind an AMX in the garage. (But, I wouldn't trade Cathy for it)

roadster with a stick

I'd have to say she had a charitable heart and has remained true to that ever since :p

+fireamx 02-21-2009 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Bigkid
Wow cool car! Thanks for sharing, it took me down memory lane. In Dec. of 69 I was 18 and after two years in an Opel GT when my friends were driving Mustangs, Vetts, Chevells, AMX'S (you get the picture) I finally got a 65 GTO 389 TRI POWER. Those were the days, between the cars and the war thank God most of us lived through it. That little Opel did teach me how to shift pretty good just trying to keep up with the pack.

It never ceases to amaze me how often I hear fellow Crossfire forum members mention favorite (or significant) cars from their past that I too had a desire for.
I worked at a Buick Dealer from 1967 to 69, and I loved those Opel GT's. As a matter of fact, I got to go to Cleveland and drive back the first one that went on sale in Akron. (They unloaded them off the boat, but for some reason they wouldn't fit on the car haulers at the time) so they had to be driven or trailored to their dealers destination. If I hadn't had my sights set on buying an AMX at the time, I may have wound up with one of those GT's.
By the way the 1965 GTO was, and still is my favorite GTO of all time. The closest I ever got to owning one was a 66 Buick Skylark GS.

tdannar 02-21-2009 05:04 PM

Eyeballing some dimensions:

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_m-7zm8smIqI/Sa...verlay_800.jpg

Wheelbase...............Overall Length...............Height:
AMX...97"..................AMX...177"............. .AMX...51.73"
XFire..94"..................XFire..159"........... ...XFire...50.7"

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_m-7zm8smIqI/Sa...re_AMX_800.jpg

InfernoRedXfire 02-21-2009 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by tdannar
Eyeballing some dimensions:

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_m-7zm8smIqI/Sa...verlay_800.jpg

Wheelbase...............Overall Length...............Height:
AMX...97"..................AMX...177"............. .AMX...51.73"
XFire..94"..................XFire..159"........... ...XFire...50.7"

Great PS'g!

+fireamx 02-21-2009 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
Great PS'g!

Wow Terry, now EVERYBODY knows what I see when ever I look at my Crossfire.;)
Fantastic photo shop work. Kind of messes with ones eyes the same way the old Mopar "Shaker" hood scoop decals did.

RickZ 02-22-2009 05:04 AM

Great Photoshopping...
So Mike haow long will it be before you fill in your back window and get an AMX emblem for the pillar? Or did I just give your latest "mod" away :p

Iamfink2 02-22-2009 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by RickZ
Great Photoshopping...
So Mike haow long will it be before you fill in your back window and get an AMX emblem for the pillar? Or did I just give your latest "mod" away :p

I can't wait til Mike installs a 390 in his crossfire.

InfernoRedXfire 02-22-2009 05:57 PM

During our DFWXfires GTG this afternoon, an AMX just like that drove by. It got us talking about the car in this post and the showroom where it sits. Pretty cool.