CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Other Cars (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/other-cars/)
-   -   Another Moparrbust designed and built hood... (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/other-cars/51477-another-moparrbust-designed-built-hood.html)

Moparrbust 08-01-2011 10:27 PM

Another Moparrbust designed and built hood...

1 Attachment(s)
I had some Viper SRT-10 vents lying around and convinced my buddy that they needed to be on his JSRT-8. Here is the result...........

Attachment 44280

jmk41 08-01-2011 10:36 PM

Re: Another Moparrbust designed and built hood.......

Originally Posted by Moparrbust
I had some Viper SRT-10 vents lying around and convinced my buddy that they needed to be on his JSRT-8. Here is the result...........

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...8viperhood.jpg

Sick!!! I watch multiple attempts of a zo6 vette race a tuned srt8 jeep and loose every time lol The guy in the vette after the 5th attempt flung open the door scratching his head and walked away p!ssed. lol Who the hell has srt10 viper vents just laying around?lol Wonder what they would look like on the hood of a XF?

Moparrbust 08-01-2011 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by jmk41
Sick!!! I watch multiple attempts of a zo6 vette race a tuned srt8 jeep and loose every time lol The guy in the vette after the 5th attempt flung open the door scratching his head and walked away p!ssed. lol Who the hell has srt10 viper vents just laying around?lol Wonder what they would look like on the hood of a XF?

Most people freak out when they see what's in my garage just laying around. :cool:

Squirrel Crusher 08-01-2011 10:55 PM

Some of the newer members may not know this,but Moparrbust was the first creator of using the XKR Jaguar grills with cowl induction modified to a Crossfire hood. His creation was then copied by another member here then mass produced in carbon fiber. Now Moparrbust has created another awesome hood. This time for the SRT Jeep. You Da Hood Man Moparrbust.... Squirrel Crusher

jmk41 08-01-2011 10:56 PM

Do you have a triumph tr2 or tr3 with an sr20det blacktop, or an rb26 swap in it? If thats the case call your insurance company because you have just been robbed!!!:D

Mimi05SRT6 08-02-2011 04:11 AM

Nice! That is one bada$$ looking SRT! :cool:

Reliableron 08-02-2011 12:43 PM

Re: Another Moparrbust designed and built hood...

I think you are extremely talented and it looks stock - will make people wonder just like your original. Nice work.

JHM2K 08-02-2011 01:22 PM

Excellent work, as always! Looks OEM

MMZ_TimeLord 08-02-2011 01:56 PM

B-U-T-Full!!!! :cool: :D

acrispy1 08-02-2011 02:04 PM

That is hot!! Great job.

BoilerUpXFire 08-02-2011 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by jmk41
call your insurance company because you have just been robbed!!!:D

Watch your step, Mopar and I use the same security company - Springfield Armory :D

Looks absolutely awesome. How many hours do you have in it? I know a project when I see one...

Kolme 08-02-2011 02:34 PM

Because of this picture... I am going to look at buying an SRT8 Jeep lol..

ZAHANMA 08-02-2011 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Kolme
Because of this picture... I am going to look at buying an SRT8 Jeep lol..

The new generation of SRT8GCs are incredible. However they start around $55k, eek.

grip grip 08-02-2011 03:22 PM

Nice job! I'll post a photo of it over on the Jeep site if you don't mind.

oledoc2u 08-02-2011 05:29 PM

As usual, you have out done yourself....that should be factory....your buddy has to be lovin' that hood...

Thirteendog 08-02-2011 06:41 PM

You should put a Viper badge on it now since you've got official Viper parts on it. Same thing right?

bmorgan 08-02-2011 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Thirteendog
You should put a Viper badge on it now since you've got official Viper parts on it. Same thing right?

Shame on you Nick! :D

Moparrbust 08-02-2011 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
Watch your step, Mopar and I use the same security company - Springfield Armory :D

Looks absolutely awesome. How many hours do you have in it? I know a project when I see one...

This one was a lot easier(even though the hood is aluminum) than my original Crossfire hood and it took me 15 hours spread out over a weeks time. I had more incentive to get it done sooner since it was a paid project.

Grip Grip
Nice job! I'll post a photo of it over on the Jeep site if you don't mind.

I believe my friend may have already posted it up on those forums. There is somebody that(I found out after building mine) already did a similar hood mod...........but the guy/company that did it hacked it together on the underside by cutting out ALL hood reinforcements which I did not do since I care about structural integrity.

grip grip 08-02-2011 09:09 PM

Here is the write up with many more photos of the process.

Viper Integrated Hood! - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

BoilerUpXFire 08-03-2011 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by ZAHANMA
The new generation of SRT8GCs are incredible. However they start around $55k, eek.

A touch above 50% of the ML63, not bad if you ask me, especially since its a touch faster with a little less power....

Originally Posted by Thirteendog

I like you, Nick, but seriously, get over it. We are all glad you have an AMG, but either quit with this stuff or go to your private lounge where you can scoff at the lesser human beings....