CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Other Cars (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/other-cars/)
-   -   New E-type Jag. What's your true feeling? (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/other-cars/51986-new-e-type-jag-whats-your-true-feeling.html)

maxcichon 08-30-2011 04:10 PM

New E-type Jag. What's your true feeling?

After veiwing, and posting in, the "Ugly Cars" thread, I started thinking about what, to me, is the most beautiful car. Ever. Since I was 5 years old, I've had a soft spot-besides my head-for the E-type. Classic. Sensuous. Lithe...perfect.

Up 'til now:

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/e...ype-2011-06-01

I saw this on the latest Top Gear and fell in love all over again.

I may have a Crossfire, but I would have to go for this. It's like being married to my wife. I'll always covet Raquel Welch.

Just don't tell Tina! I hope she would understand.:D

Like I hope you folks will understand.

What's your favorite looker? Car, I mean!

Franc Rauscher 08-30-2011 04:19 PM

Re: New E-type Jag. What's your true feeling?

Originally Posted by maxcichon
After veiwing, and posting in, the "Ugly Cars" thread, I started thinking about what, to me, is the most beautiful car. Ever. Since I was 5 years old, I've had a soft spot-besides my head-for the E-type. Classic. Sensuous. Lithe...perfect.

Up 'til now:

Another look at the Eagle Speedster - BBC Top Gear

I saw this on the latest Top Gear and fell in love all over again.

I may have a Crossfire, but I would have to go for this. It's like being married to my wife. I'll always covet Raquel Welch.

Just don't tell Tina! I hope she would understand.:D

Like I hope you folks will understand.

What's your favorite looker? Car, I mean!

Jag E-type with the six and a stick shift, my favorite body styling roadster hands down.

Still, my favorite car overall will have to remain the Lotus Esprit. Pre 1989, white with Julia Roberts at the wheel.

Jus sayin'

roadster with a stick

Kane 08-30-2011 04:39 PM

How about an old Z8?

maxcichon 08-30-2011 05:09 PM

Both great choices, gents. I do prefer droptops, though.
C'mon!

FP 08-30-2011 05:32 PM

Awesome car.

TomStratRT 08-30-2011 06:33 PM

Meh. It's okay I guess.

Franc Rauscher 08-30-2011 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by maxcichon
Both great choices, gents. I do prefer droptops, though.
C'mon!

Me too.

I'll let you know if Julia complies.:rolleyes:

oledoc2u 08-30-2011 07:29 PM

My wife had a V-12 E-type, while I was driving an LT-1 Vette...back in the 70's...weren't married then... I use to sneak up on her and harrass from time to time...cool looking car, but always had engine problems...I wished she would have kept it though....I could have paid a few college tuitions with it...

Franc Rauscher 08-30-2011 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
My wife had a V-12 E-type, while I was driving an LT-1 Vette...back in the 70's...weren't married then... I use to sneak up on her and harrass from time to time...cool looking car, but always had engine problems...I wished she would have kept it though....I could have paid a few college tuitions with it...

The V-12 was a heat pump with legendary British wiring.
Self induced spontaneous combustion.
For all it's smooth torque the 12 was heavy and iduced a terrible understeer. Plus no manul option.

I always lliked the six. Far more nimble. And much easier to work on.

Early 80's my business partner had a slew of them. Always under restoration. I got to work on them and drive them. The sixes were the best.

He and his son still do it. E-types and and XJS; exclusively Jags.

roadster with a stick

6000rpm 08-30-2011 07:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yep, the old E-Types for sure. Real good-lookers!
But my favorite is probably an early '70s Lotus Europa. Sort of odd looking, but I like it because it's so unusual.

+fireamx 08-30-2011 08:28 PM

Give me a 6 cylinder XK-E coupe anyday. It's been my all time favorite car since I was 10 years old.

musicnsurf 09-05-2011 06:56 PM

i always thought the 1st gen e-type was to the auto world like marilyn monroe was to men. top that...err something along those lines. and you know what? both were very similar.;) (with a respectful nod to joltin joe's last words and malcolm sayer's pen).

Bigkid 09-06-2011 06:57 AM

E type 6 was my all time fav too roadster or coupe. What beautiful lines. Then I tried to get in one and found I did not fit very well. Not for big feet either. Still a time less piece of art in motion.

LantanaTX 09-06-2011 07:51 AM

I have always loved the E type and this one is the best ever. The closest I ever got was a V12 XJS. Here are some more pictures of the Eagle Speedster.

Eagle Speedster / Home

rush549 09-06-2011 08:10 AM

Make mine a 1971 Lamborghini Muira. I love the E-type coupes. Never cared for the 2+2's.

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/images/thumbn...0a64a4ec6cb59f

BoilerUpXFire 09-06-2011 10:25 AM

Max, the E-type is beautiful, but I always loved the D-type as well.

And if we are talking about old Jag's, who can not love the classic styling of the XK120's and 150s - pure class...