CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Other Cars (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/other-cars/)
-   -   traded in the Crossfire... (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/other-cars/52367-traded-crossfire.html)

BlackBeauty 09-23-2011 12:07 AM

traded in the Crossfire...

4 Attachment(s)
So i was looking at a platform that was cheaper and just as fun as the crossfire. I landed in a 2005 Mazdaspeed Miata! only 1400 made in 05 and 4000 in 04. So the rare factor keeps me happy. and with the turbo and 6 speed makes it more fun then the autostick crossfire. i will admit i miss the crossfire.

here is the new beauty!
Attachment 44013
Attachment 44014
Attachment 44015
Attachment 44016

rush549 09-23-2011 03:43 AM

Re: traded in the Crossfire...

Is that the Spaghetti Works in Des Moines? Oh, cool car Btw. They are an absolute blast to drive. Now, about that spaghetti... :D

pizzaguy 09-23-2011 06:10 AM

For those who don't know (such as myself) tell us what's under the hood.

BlackBeauty 09-24-2011 12:17 AM

it is the old spaghetti works building in Wichita, ks.

the car has the 1.8 Miata engine but with a small turbo setup. rated at 170 at the crank. but lots of support and easy to get it over 200whp with intake and exhaust.

Mike-in-Orange 09-27-2011 04:40 PM

I had an NB Miata before the Crossfire, but not a Speed. Great, great little car, no doubt about it. What size wheels are on your car - they look kinda big for a Miata. Those cars hate the added unsprung weight of larger, heavier wheels/tires and really respond to a nice lightweight set.

killerkanadian 09-27-2011 05:57 PM

Friend's dad had one back when I was a senior in High school. With the top down, I had a tendency to lean out and look around the windshield because it was so small.

Fun car to drive though, and real short shifter in the 6 speed.

ZORRO 09-27-2011 07:41 PM

If you want to see some neat Miata stuff check out these guys LINK

killerkanadian 09-27-2011 07:48 PM

Just to be clear you traded in a N/A?

If you had an SRT i'd drive down to witchita to look at it :p

Spudracer 10-02-2011 11:08 AM

Congratulations on a great choice. The Miata is one of the all time great roadsters. Very different from a Crossfire but tons of fun. Man, I hope Mazda never stops making this affordable high quality roadster. The newer ones with the folding hardtop are an amazing piece of engineering. I can't believe that Mazda has owned this segment for over 20 years now. To the best of my knowledge, no one has even tried to introduce a small, lightweight, affordable roadster other than the short lived GM Kappa triplets (Solstice, Sky, Opel GT). The S2000, Boxster, and Z4 were/are all heavier and more expensive with more power. The Miata is the closest living relative to a classic 60's / 70's Triumph, MG, Alfa, Jaguar, or Lotus roadster. Enjoy!