Other Cars The Crossfire isn't the only car out there. Discuss all the others in here.

A25 Amg

Old 02-17-2012, 01:50 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: A25 Amg

Originally Posted by Thirteendog
That thing would look bad *** with spinners.
And hamsters.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:53 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

With the haughty attitudes of most AMG owners, I am beginning to think I would prefer the Kia crowd.

Old 02-20-2012, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
With the haughty attitudes of most AMG owners, I am beginning to think I would prefer the Kia crowd.

How many AMG owners do you know personally?

Old 02-20-2012, 10:21 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey what can I say, with the german perfection running us around town it's eventually going to seep into our blood stream. Personally I get a pint of Schumacher blood in my system a week.

Old 02-20-2012, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by JHM2K
How many AMG owners do you know personally?
None, they will not hang out with a lowly mortal such as myself.

Old 02-20-2012, 10:28 AM

Seriously though, the Kia demographic is college-aged kids. I don't know too many 18-25 y/o people that have the fundamentals of respect and cordiality honed to a fine art.

And you think AMG owners are uppity? M3 fanboys take the cake.

Old 02-20-2012, 10:31 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seriously though, the Kia demographic is college-aged kids. I don't know too many 18-25 y/o people that have the fundamentals of respect and cordiality honed to a fine art.

Oh jeez this is so true. M3 people actually surgically implant Fabreeze fresheners in their bum so that their **** doesn't stink.

Old 02-20-2012, 10:47 AM

None, they will not hang out with a lowly mortal such as myself.
C'mon man... they put on their pants like everyone else.

I know 5-6 AMG owners that are very brand-loyal, and they'd share a beer with this Chrysler owner any day of the week. You must have a thick skin, they love to rib you (and each other) and the jabs can get brutal at times. If you take it personally and run to mommy, the wolves taste blood and you're toast. No amount of BS-ing will change the fact that, at the end of the day, they have their own unique headaches with owning the 'prestigious' brand. At any given moment, a $3,000 sensor could take a dump and render their car useless. You pay to play.

AMG owners are only as haughty as much as you are a 'victim'. Majority of them earned their way up to the brand, so they naturally have pride in it. Some are "in the club" by the skin of their teeth because they bought a ten-year-old AMG at 75% off sticker. So does that make them better? Nope. Their priority when purchasing a vehicle was brand-name over value per $$$, and being able to plug their VIN into a forum and have it work so they can get free posters... That's their choice, and theirs to defend. Whatever makes them sleep easier at night, power to them. I bought my car because it looks great, hauls a$$, and it's well within my conservative budget. I lose no sleep over which forum I'm allowed to participate in.

ANY brand will have its d-bags in the herd. But, all of the AMG people I have met are genuinely great people. Trolls, maybe -- but great folks.

Now quit being such a damn girl

Old 02-20-2012, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Thirteendog
Oh jeez this is so true. M3 people actually surgically implant Fabreeze fresheners in their bum so that their **** doesn't stink.
Is that why they walk crooked? Never knew, I just figured it was because their engine was tilted LMAO

Old 02-20-2012, 11:10 AM

I will agree that M3 owners are uppity for the most part, but vette owners take the cake IMHO.

Where I live and work, there are MANY Ms, AMGs, Vs, etc and the attitiude I see most display is not that of a 'car guy' it is that of someone that was not satisfied by the prestige of Mercedes alone and had to impress his friends with a few extra letters. I probably see 5-10 AMGs a day on the northside of Indy (Carmel area) and of the ones I have spoken with, few have known even the basics of their cars specs, and the majority have had dirty wheels (and some door dings). I have seen several M3s and CTS-Vs out at the track, never an AMG, and with the amount around, that surprised me.

I am not out for an entire group of owners, or am secretly holding a grudge, I am simply conveying what I see on a day to day basis around my city that led me to my conclusion. I know there are great guys out there who own AMGs like Steve and (sometimes) Nick but most I see would have a lot easier time telling you to the cent what the car cost than the diameter of a brake rotor...