Other Cars The Crossfire isn't the only car out there. Discuss all the others in here.

Jeep Grand Cherokee

Old 08-31-2012, 08:11 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Jeep Grand Cherokee

Caught some great month-end incentives and got my wife this beast this morning.

I'm impressed with the technological advances over the old GC, while my wife is impressed with the dual-pane panoramic sunroof . Shares the same platform as the Mercedes ML and is the last joint-venture vehicle from the good old (Right...) Daimler Chrysler days.

I know that Ray H. has one and Danimal has a new Durango (same vehicle, but longer). Any other forum member have one, and if so, how do you like it?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Jeep GC.jpg (61.2 KB, 53 views)

Last edited by harbor; 08-31-2012 at 08:39 PM.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:40 AM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Jeep Grand Cherokee

Jim, I know Karen is going to love it. My Durango R/T is an awesome beast with only 1 minor problem and major dealer problems from day one. It came from the factory with an inoperative sunroof (how does that happen?). After 3 trips and 5 days at the dealer it now works when it wants to (about 2 out of every 10 attempts). Thinking I'm better off learning to live with it.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by danimal
Jim, I know Karen is going to love it. My Durango R/T is an awesome beast with only 1 minor problem and major dealer problems from day one. It came from the factory with an inoperative sunroof (how does that happen?). After 3 trips and 5 days at the dealer it now works when it wants to (about 2 out of every 10 attempts). Thinking I'm better off learning to live with it.
Dan - Drag that thing up here for the next Dream Cruise, and I will personally have a Detroit dealer fix your sunroof while you're travelling with us on the Post-WW GTG!

My wife's Jeep may have the same problem, but she won't find out until about mid-November when she closes the sunroof for the 1st time.

Attached Images
2012-08-18 09.25.51.jpg (4.14 MB, 11 views)

Last edited by harbor; 09-02-2012 at 09:10 PM.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:46 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had GC's for years. Love them. Always love them.

Old 09-03-2012, 02:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice. I tried to talk the wife into a new Durango, but considering we had a dead '01 in the back yard at the time that didn't fly. Brought home a new Town & Country instead. She loves it, and it has enough tech to keep me happy... She did trade her '98 Cherokee Sport (XJ) for it, and we both loved it, just kinda small...

Old 09-03-2012, 07:08 AM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by harbor
Dan - Drag that thing up here for the next Dream Cruise, and I will personally have a Detroit dealer fix your sunroof while you're travelling with us on the Post-WW GTG!

My wife's Jeep may have the same problem, but she won't find out until about mid-November when she closes the sunroof for the 1st time.
Jim, it's already in the planning for next year.....hate that I had to miss it this year. Looks like everyone had a great time. I'll see you in August for sure.

Old 09-03-2012, 10:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just bought my dad one. I get special affiliate pricing because of the company I work for, so I get 1% under invoice...so it was worth it. Got him a 2013 Grand Cherokee Overland. 2x4 and 3.6L V6. He loves it. Has every option.

It also has the light frost beige interior instead of the saddles leather, which he likes. Best option though has to be the air conditioned seats...especially in Texas.

Old 09-05-2012, 12:49 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My wife had an '08 JGC Limited. It was a nice vehicle but the 4.7 V8 was driving me nuts with it lack of power (especially at 6000' where we live) and the heaviness of the WK. We almost pulled the trigger on a 2012 JGC Overland about six months ago. We test drove one with the 3.6 and it was bit underpowered for our liking (higher-altitude driving) and the 5.7.

My wife wanted to look at Durangos as well, so we visited the Dodge dealership across the street. We looked a few, but across the row from the Durangos were the Chargers and Challengers. My wife has been wanting a muscle-car type of a vehicle for a long time. The Challenger would have been awesome, but it would have been hard to use as "family vehicle" being two a two door. We ended up buying the Charger R/T Max AWD model (Red with Rocket Red seats). They had a wicked SRT-8 model, but the SRTs don't come with AWD.

I will say that I was very impressed with the build quality and the suspension features of the WK2. I'm also impressed with the build quality of the newer Chargers/LX as well and all the doo-dads that come with it. The technology they pack in these days is impressive and makes my Crossfire feel like a Yugo in comparison. Don't get me wrong, I love my SRT-6. The going joke is that the Crossfire has two seats, a steering wheel, and a big OMG lever by the brake pedal.

Old 09-13-2012, 01:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We bought a 2013 GC 3 weeks ago. Absolutely love this vehicle! Build quality is amazing. Never thought of Jeep in the past, but took one for a test drive based on the sales guy recommendation and was hooked after 5 minutes!

Drove a Challenger also, that I was very impressed with. I had a 71' in high school. Now I'm thinking about a new one.

Old 07-17-2015, 07:40 PM

Lease almost up on the 2012 GC, so we replaced it with this.....

Attached Images
image.jpg (1.13 MB, 24 views)