Other Cars The Crossfire isn't the only car out there. Discuss all the others in here.

Wife got a new old car.

Old 06-15-2017, 04:29 PM
Received 505 Likes on 349 Posts
Default Wife got a new old car.

Crumpy was so excited last year over the Chrysler Pacifica. But the more she looked at them the less she liked them And none of the available colours made her happy. So we were kinda holding out fort the new model year and hoping something she liked came along.

And then her '99 caravan went in the shop "AGAIN"

So, as I was perusing through some E-Bay stuff, she saw this on my screen and went for it. Blue on Blue on Blue.

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan HIGH TOP ES 87K Miles - Florida 1 OWNER | eBay
It's a 2002 with relatively low mileage. (Her '99 has 300K on the clock) I won't tell you what we paid but it was quite a bit less than asking. I was surprised they excepted her offer.

So she is flying down to Tampa with the grandkids for a week end at Bush Gardens and a trip home with the new minivan. I do hope it runs as good as it looks..

Old 06-15-2017, 10:56 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Wife got a new old car.

Good luck with it Franc.

Old 06-15-2017, 11:42 PM
Received 522 Likes on 415 Posts

Van looks really sharp and unique looking. Hopefully, as a 1-owner vehicle, it's been well-cared for (appearance would say that) and will make her a great vehicle for several years.

Old 06-17-2017, 06:05 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What a great find! Congrats. How many of those "High Tops" are out there? This is an aftermarket conversion I assume?

Old 06-24-2017, 09:16 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The trip to Busch Gardens is a nice bonus!

Old 06-24-2017, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by JEFASOLD
The trip to Busch Gardens is a nice bonus!
Yes, I just got off the phone with Crumpy. They were there all day and left as the park closed. 11:00 PM. The kids had a great time. she is exhausted.

Tomorrow, they will sleep in. In the afternoon, they can work their way up I-75 to Chattanooga and spend the night. Monday the y will tour Ruby Fall caverns.

So far the car has been running very well. She is happy with the Old new car.

And I don't have to have the house cleaned up until Tuesday.

Old 06-30-2017, 02:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have a home in Florida that needed some work. I had many doctor appointments so she flew down to supervise the repairs while I stayed in Ohio. She was gone for 1 1/2 months. I told her that I needed some notice because the house was a mess. She said how long? I said a week would be good. So she's calls night before last saying I'll be in at 4:10 tomorrow!!! No sleep for me that night!!!

Old 06-30-2017, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by XFmike
We have a home in Florida that needed some work. I had many doctor appointments so she flew down to supervise the repairs while I stayed in Ohio. She was gone for 1 1/2 months. I told her that I needed some notice because the house was a mess. She said how long? I said a week would be good. So she's calls night before last saying I'll be in at 4:10 tomorrow!!! No sleep for me that night!!!

I can relate.

Mine visits the Grandkids in CT four or five times a year. I endure the same "before she gets home clean the house" madness.

This time, she had some delays on the trip.
Noticed a wheel shimmy. I told her to stop in at a good tire shop.

They found a small belt separation blevy but told us the tires were 10 years old and despite an excellent tread and appearance, were not reliable. No surprise to me at all. They replaced all four.

I had them change the oil and check belts. Oil and air filters were brand new but the oil was not synthetic. Belts were also new as were all the hoses.

I figure a set of tires was nothing in comparison. And I got a free brake check in the deal.

Alignment came next. Less than a $grand spent and the car is perfect. Rides like a dream and handles almost like a sport sedan.

Sometimes, on a used car deal, you get lucky. This appears to be one of those times.

She is beaming.

It beats anything she was reviewing on the new car lots. The blue she wanted that nobody had. Soft leather seats that envelope you, dark blue plush interior and it all smells of leather., A great sound system, air blows cold and all the top of the line accessories work perfect. Add to that a smooth running 3.8 engine and I think it's a keeper.

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 06-30-2017 at 05:59 PM.
Old 06-30-2017, 09:15 PM

I blamed the dog for the mess!!!

Old 06-30-2017, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by XFmike
I blamed the dog for the mess!!!

That works if you have a dog.

I blamed my girlfriend. the wife then told me without batting an eye,,, that I should get one who keep things neater.

Old 06-30-2017, 09:53 PM

I had to go to the pound and buy one!!! I wish I had got a house trained one tho!!!