Other Cars The Crossfire isn't the only car out there. Discuss all the others in here.

Mecum auction, good crs, or just shiny?

Old 08-03-2017, 02:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mecum auction, good crs, or just shiny?

I've not been to one of these events before. I am seeing old junkers with a hot shine job being sold for premiums. I am wondering if there are any guarantees at an event like this, that you aren't buying a shiny turd? Anyone been to lots of these, or been involved with the process?

Old 08-04-2017, 10:55 AM
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts
Default Re: Mecum auction, good crs, or just shiny?

Originally Posted by TheThomaswastaken
I've not been to one of these events before. I am seeing old junkers with a hot shine job being sold for premiums. I am wondering if there are any guarantees at an event like this, that you aren't buying a shiny turd? Anyone been to lots of these, or been involved with the process?
Thomas
The bright lights and television enhance every car that appears at one of these auctions. Anyone wanting to bid on a car(s), must be present and inspect the car as closely as possible, rust and bondo are present on a lot of the older cars that are sold.

There are bad resto companies out there, strictly flipping cars, so the cheapest parts are used.

It is buyer beware, absolutely no guarantees tied to any of the cars, unless they are brand new, with factory warranty, such as a Dodge Hellcat being flipped.

If you are still interested, attend one of these auctions as a non bidder to observe what is going on during an auction.
Dennis
DTMenace

Old 08-04-2017, 08:25 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DTMenace
Thomas
The bright lights and television enhance every car that appears at one of these auctions. Anyone wanting to bid on a car(s), must be present and inspect the car as closely as possible, rust and bondo are present on a lot of the older cars that are sold.

There are bad resto companies out there, strictly flipping cars, so the cheapest parts are used.

It is buyer beware, absolutely no guarantees tied to any of the cars, unless they are brand new, with factory warranty, such as a Dodge Hellcat being flipped.

If you are still interested, attend one of these auctions as a non bidder to observe what is going on during an auction.
Dennis
DTMenace
Sage advice.

BUT, if you can hear thunder and see lightning, you can find a damned nice deal....

Old 08-07-2017, 02:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by maxcichon
Sage advice.

BUT, if you can hear thunder and see lightning, you can find a damned nice deal....

I got annoyed watching the Mecum last week. Every time a good deal with no reserve crossed the floor, the auctioneer would call out to a particular millionaire in the audience. So, some poor schmuck almost gets a good deal, then bllabababbaba HEY George, 5000!? belaadababadaaba, Hey George, Porsche for 5,000 dollars!?