CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Other Vehicles (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/other-vehicles/)
-   -   A Plymouth with some Attitude ! (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/other-vehicles/26468-plymouth-some-attitude.html)

Stogey 07-22-2008 12:01 AM

A Plymouth with some Attitude !

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/B...ude_172029.htm

Holy Crap !!! :cool:

manisusmc 07-22-2008 01:50 AM

Re: A Plymouth with some Attitude !

i'd do that every morning before work to get my tires warmed up, but it's just a pain to clean to wheels so i choose not to

Kurts 07-22-2008 07:27 AM

......and in an Arrow, too. Absolutely the worst car I ever owned along with a Dodge Omni. Soured me on Chrysler products for years afterwards..........

blackberry 07-22-2008 10:11 AM

Now thats what I'm talkin about... But an ARROW, ugh.

velociabstract 07-23-2008 06:32 PM

Gosh, I thought it was a cricket. Remember those?

Kurts 07-23-2008 07:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You mean one of these P.O.S.'s?:
Attachment 10244

Brent 07-23-2008 07:54 PM

My Dodge can put out more smoke without spinning the tires, so there.

Brent 07-23-2008 09:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
And why all the negative vibes towards the Dodge Omni? I had a 79 O24 two door hatchback and a 83 Shelby Charger version and even though they were coarse, crude cars; they got 35 - 40 mpg, and were reliable. In fact, in the 13 years of ownership of both cars, they had less problems than my Crossfire in 6 months of ownership. I had both when in the navy and when going to school and they were ideal for hauling all of my worldly possessions. Granted I didn't have much at the time but what I did have fitted just fine in the hatchback.

My dad was so impressed with my O24 that he bought a 82 four door Omni. Unfortunately he had far more troubles with his than I ever had with mine.

Sorry, couldn't find a pic of the O24.

Mimi05SRT6 07-23-2008 10:06 PM

Holy smokes! What was in that bottle he put into the intake before smoking the tires? It sure looks like he also put bleach on the ground too. By the way, my son has an '85 Omni GLH Turbo with a T3T4 turbo that moves like a mother! Light weight with all that power! Now that's real Mopar muscle in a compact! :cool:

antonio311 07-24-2008 01:44 AM

Damn, my GLH turbo was the absolute best & fastest car I've ever owned! I worked mine with mopar performance parts, and I was never beat in a race. It was a hot and very reliable car.

Kurts 07-24-2008 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Brent
And why all the negative vibes towards the Dodge Omni? I had a 79 O24 two door hatchback and a 83 Shelby Charger version and even though they were coarse, crude cars; they got 35 - 40 mpg, and were reliable. In fact, in the 13 years of ownership of both cars, they had less problems than my Crossfire in 6 months of ownership. I had both when in the navy and when going to school and they were ideal for hauling all of my worldly possessions. Granted I didn't have much at the time but what I did have fitted just fine in the hatchback.

My dad was so impressed with my O24 that he bought a 82 four door Omni. Unfortunately he had far more troubles with his than I ever had with mine.

Sorry, couldn't find a pic of the O24.

The Dodge Omni we bought for my wife was supposed to be the little reliable 'runner' she needed for trips around town with the occasional trip to Green Bay or Appleton (both roughly 40 miles away). She was unable to take the car out of the confines of our wee little town w/o something blowing up on it everytime. We had the car for about a year & after spending money on alternators, suspension, radiator the last straw was (& I kid you not) having the mid-exhaust pipe with muffler attached blow off on the highway & WEDGE ITSELF BETWEEN THE REAR WHEEL & THE AXLE bringing the car to a very quick complete stop. She was heading to Appleton at the time with my then infant daughter who, thankfully, was strapped into her car seat. My wife never leaves town w/o her seat belt on; thank the fates!
Hence, the Omni represents itself well in Kurts "Worse Car I Have Ever Driven" category.
The Arrow comes a close second but that's another story!