Other Vehicles The place to talk about watercraft, boats, trains, planes and anything with an engine that isn't a car.

68 Mph Jet pack

Old 05-17-2010, 06:07 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 68 Mph Jet pack

Ok, Christmas is coming up. And though I haven't been good per say. I'm sure there are a few out there that would love to see me strapped up to this and disapear.

Top Speed Run: Man Hits a Reported 68 MPH in Jet Pack

Old 05-18-2010, 09:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 68 Mph Jet pack

Thank you for posting this, as i have never seen this before. As a skydiver i can appreciate the one thing we cant achieve...lift.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:20 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 240M3SRT
Thank you for posting this, as i have never seen this before. As a skydiver i can appreciate the one thing we cant achieve...lift.
I haven't jumped in many years, but I used to jump a lot. I learned to jump when I lived in Stuttgart Germany. A good buddy of mine that I went snow skiing most every weekend in the winter with, was a jump master with the Golden Knights prior to being stationed in Germany. He talked me into sky diving, and I got hooked. I was going most every weekend in the summer months. I had a close call one time, but it was my own fault as I trash packed my chute and it came out all tangled up. I was at about 800 ft when I dumped my main and deployed my reserve. I ended up in a corn field with a rather hard landing. LOL. My main was a 9 cell, but my reserve was a round canopy.

Old 05-25-2010, 10:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bmorgan
I haven't jumped in many years, but I used to jump a lot. I learned to jump when I lived in Stuttgart Germany. A good buddy of mine that I went snow skiing most every weekend in the winter with, was a jump master with the Golden Knights prior to being stationed in Germany. He talked me into sky diving, and I got hooked. I was going most every weekend in the summer months. I had a close call one time, but it was my own fault as I trash packed my chute and it came out all tangled up. I was at about 800 ft when I dumped my main and deployed my reserve. I ended up in a corn field with a rather hard landing. LOL. My main was a 9 cell, but my reserve was a round canopy.
Wow, a round reserve thats old school. Glad you cut away that malfunction in time. Im not looking forward to my first but i know it will probably happen one day.

Old 05-25-2010, 12:54 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rush549
Ok, Christmas is coming up. And though I haven't been good per say. I'm sure there are a few out there that would love to see me strapped up to this and disapear.

Top Speed Run: Man Hits a Reported 68 MPH in Jet Pack
Everyone has thier own opinions on what other people have to say Rush. I like reading the back and forth sometimes. -- at least you don't die and reappear.