CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Other Vehicles (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/other-vehicles/)
-   -   Nothing Special (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/other-vehicles/70538-nothing-special.html)

americanretrodave 02-11-2015 06:52 PM

Nothing Special

3 Attachment(s)
I thought I'd share a little project I've been missing with. It's a little scooter that I made into a three wheeler. I had to cut 22" out of the center of that chest on the back, it's starting to shape up. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it, but for some reason I did it. I still need to paint the rear Orange, maybe I'll give it a distressed look with some old lettering?

Dave

jmk41 02-11-2015 07:59 PM

Re: Nothing Special

Sweet! Did you do any suspension on the rear? I'm not so sure it will corner well with out it.

americanretrodave 02-11-2015 08:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by jmk41 (Post 826792)
Sweet! Did you do any suspension on the rear? I'm not so sure it will corner well with out it.

Thanks JMK,

I used the rear end out of a four wheeler, you aren't going to lay into a turn with it, but it does ok. Here you can 'maybe' see a little of it, this was when I was thinking of using one of the Coke Machines I make for the rear box, but then I went with the trunk, a lot more work but the lines went better with the bike.

Dave

jmk41 02-11-2015 08:41 PM

That should be plenty... Looks good, can't wait to see what you do with paint. I'm a big fan of the "rat" bobber look! The plus side to going that route is you can always paint it real nice later. I would have built one this summer but I moved to Texas and lost my precious garage! :-(

ala_xfire 02-12-2015 06:45 AM

You've got that polish really working on that trailer, how many cans of Met-All did that take ?
BTW, good decision on the scooter, I think it will be a real attention grabber !

autumnmass 02-12-2015 10:03 AM

Very nice, and certainly unique looking. Thanks for posting.

americanretrodave 02-12-2015 11:13 AM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by autumnmass (Post 826832)
Very nice, and certainly unique looking. Thanks for posting.

Thanks Autumnmass, I appreciate it. Dave

ALA WROTE: You'vve got that polish really working on that trailer, how many cans of Met-All did that take ?
BTW, good decision on the scooter, I think it will be a real attention grabber !
Thanks Ala, the trailer is a 1946 Spartan Manor, I had to go down to 80 grit paper to get all the crud off of it, ended up at 800 grit than I polished it. A better picture is below. I decided to do the three wheeler on a lark, still not sure why, for attention, the decotripod does the job, note the pictures of it below.

Dave

BoilerUpXFire 02-17-2015 02:46 PM

Looks good to me!

Bring that thing to our next show and put a few cases of beer in the trunk, you will be a hit for sure :D

americanretrodave 02-18-2015 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire (Post 827293)
Looks good to me!

Bring that thing to our next show and put a few cases of beer in the trunk, you will be a hit for sure :D

Thanks BoilerUp,

My thoughts exactly, building this little guy, I've thought about using it at the Pismo Beach Vintage Trailer Show, it will be perfect for driving around looking at the trailers with refreshments on hand. :)

Dave