CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Parts/Accessories for sale - Archive (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/parts-accessories-sale-archive/)
-   -   Carbon Fiber Hood Group Buy (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/parts-accessories-sale-archive/74180-carbon-fiber-hood-group-buy.html)

zboult 04-22-2016 09:13 PM

Carbon Fiber Hood Group Buy

Ok, so like a lot of people I have drooled over the CF hoods that some members have. Like most of you I have read the post from like 6 years ago. Well I have reached out to Mad_Med05X and he has agree to do a run of the stock looking hoods and the vented hoods, if we can get ten buyers. I have 3 interested parties, not including myself, and just need 6 more.

Now, Mad is willing to start the work with a 400 dollar deposit. Total cost will be $749 plus shipping which he said runs about 150 dollars on average. He is not completely opposed to shipping over seas, but he says there is a very high risk of the hoods being damaged.

If interested... Send me a pm and I will provide you with my contact info.

Ahmed Hameed's Library | Photobucket

MB04XFIRE 04-23-2016 11:38 AM

Re: Carbon Fiber Hood Group Buy

Hi,

I was wondering if you could post pics of the version of hood that you are looking to get made. I am definitely interested and sent you a pm.

Mrmiata 04-23-2016 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by MB04XFIRE (Post 864825)
Hi,

I was wondering if you could post pics of the version of hood that you are looking to get made. I am definitely interested and sent you a pm.

He's using the original MFG of these.. molds already made.. click on the red text at the bottom of his post.

MB04XFIRE 04-23-2016 02:23 PM

Ok cool thanks.. Does it come with the Carbon fiber Chrysler logo? Like the chrome one that are on the cars currently?

crookedview 04-25-2016 05:40 PM

Didn't the original hoods have a problem with a lot of flexing/waving when driving at higher speeds (interstate)? Would this still be an issue?

ala_xfire 04-25-2016 05:43 PM

I believe most installed hood hold down latches, I know John ( boilerup ) did.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cro...dab92fc356.png

srtmodder 04-26-2016 07:09 PM

This is something I am interested in. As long as those issues mentioned are dealt with.

MB04XFIRE 04-26-2016 08:13 PM

Has anybody heard back from zboult? Sent him a pm but never got anything back from him..

Mrmiata 04-26-2016 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by MB04XFIRE (Post 865094)
Has anybody heard back from zboult? Sent him a pm but never got anything back from him..

I'll nudge him on facebook to check his PM's here..

MB04XFIRE 04-26-2016 09:20 PM

Thank you sir... Much appreciated

zboult 04-26-2016 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by MB04XFIRE (Post 864825)
Hi,

Both versions will be available. The stock look and the vented.

zboult 04-26-2016 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by MB04XFIRE (Post 864839)
Ok cool thanks.. Does it come with the Carbon fiber Chrysler logo? Like the chrome one that are on the cars currently?

I believe they will. I will verify.

srtmodder 05-02-2016 05:06 PM

Any new news? Quota met for amount of people needed? Ready to pay and get this going!!!

05srtsix 05-02-2016 06:34 PM

I think we are only at 5 or 6 people so far. Thats just a guess from the last time I talked to zboult.

I'm pretty sure this is gonna take a bit of time, its not easy to set up a group buy. Be patient and lets hope we can get 10 people together and get our hands on an awesome hood. Don't spend your money, it will be worth the wait.

MB04XFIRE 05-02-2016 07:29 PM

I'd be also game.. But I've sent him a message and never got a reply.. I wanted to know if this version of the hood would be stiffer than the original or if we would still need to add the hood hold down latches??

05srtsix 05-02-2016 08:16 PM

PM miata to nudge him on Facebook again lol

I'm pretty sure you will need the hood hold down latches. I doubt they are going to redesign the hood for one group buy. Your options are: Awesome Carbon Fiber Vented Hood w/ hood latches, stock hood or you can go without hood (best option for weight reduction).

zboult 05-02-2016 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by 05srtsix (Post 865491)
PM miata to nudge him on Facebook again lol

I'm pretty sure you will need the hood hold down latches. I doubt they are going to redesign the hood for one group buy. Your options are: Awesome Carbon Fiber Vented Hood w/ hood latches, stock hood or you can go without hood (best option for weight reduction).

Txt me your email address and I'll add you to the list 317 416 6668

05srtsix 05-02-2016 09:20 PM

I'm already on the list, I contacted you as soon as I saw this posting.

I think some people would like to know how many people we have so far.

Thanks again far setting up this group buy!

zboult 05-04-2016 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by 05srtsix (Post 865496)
I'm already on the list, I contacted you as soon as I saw this posting.

I think some people would like to know how many people we have so far.

Thanks again far setting up this group buy!

5 thus far. You and me on here and 3 others on facebook.com

velociabstract 05-04-2016 08:55 AM

I'm wanting one and considering it. However, I have no faith in it arriving undamaged to Puerto Rico.

Les