Parts/Accessories for sale - Archive This forum is no longer accepting new listings. Go to **the *new* Crossfire Marketplace**

Polished Roll Bars

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 11:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polished Roll Bars

SLK320 R170 owner here trying to sell a nice pair of polished roll bars that I'm told will also fit the Crossfire.

These stainless steel, polished roll bars were purchased from For My Mercedes/My Roadster online, originally 550.00 USD. These are beautiful looking bars that are TUV safety approved and made in Germany (not the cheap bars that are often found on eBay, but actually stronger than the OEM roll bars and manufactured by alumex.de, no longer available for purchase). I purchased these a few years ago, and they have rarely (and unfortunately) seen daylight with the top down, and the vehicle's tinted windows would have prevented any sun damage. I'll be parking on the city streets for the first time while owning this car, and would prefer to tone down the aftermarket "bling", so I'm selling these. I realize it's winter, but these might be a nice project for someone while their car is in the garage . I'd like to get around 300 for these; photos attached - PM or email if interested.

Formymercedes link to bars: ForMyMercedes.com

Attached Thumbnails Polished Roll Bars-roll-bars.jpg   Polished Roll Bars-roll_bars_2.jpg   Polished Roll Bars-bloom_rear.jpg  
Old 12-06-2011, 07:53 AM
Default Re: Polished Roll Bars

Your starting bid on ebay is $249 - the listing and 10% seller fees = $220. Previously listed with no bids! Why jack the price for your first post on our site?

Mercedes SLK R170 / Crossfire Polished Stainless Steel Roll Bars - TUV Approved | eBay

Here they are for $249 New, TUV approved Stainless.

Mercedes Benz SLK R170 ROLLBARS BARS ROLL BAR OVER NEW | eBay

Last edited by BLACKSRT-6; 12-06-2011 at 08:02 AM.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:06 AM
Unhappy Re: Polished Roll Bars

As I mentioned in my initial post, I'd like to get around 300 for them. The starting bid on eBay is 250.00 USD; it's not a "Buy it Now" Price. Parts for sale posts on forums usually end up with interested buyers offering a substantially lower amount, so in the end I thought the sell price would end up close to the same either way. This post is basically a copy and paste from my post on the Mercedes forum, I just failed to link the eBay sale that was started days after my original Mercedes forum post, so I apologize if it seemed questionable with the price discrepancy.

The bars you linked are not the same roll bars. These were purchased from My Roadster a few years back and are no longer available from the manufacturer that made them (alumex.de). Jerry at MyRoadster.net was contacted this week and confirmed that these are stronger than the OEM bars and also no longer carried by him as a vendor. Inquiries on the bars can be sent to him at info@myroadster.net if an interested person is wondering about the difference.

Last edited by Spitzestrom_Terp; 12-06-2011 at 08:10 AM.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:26 AM

We've had more then our share of questionable sellers on the site lately, adding a link to your Mercedes Forum thread may improve your credability.

Our question when we get a low post seller is, do you really have the parts to sell or have you copied some good words from an ebay seller and posted them here? In other words, are you another scammer?

Most would list. "Stainless Roll Bars":
Mercedes SLK R170 / Crossfire Polished Stainless Steel Roll Bars - TUV Approved | eBay

You say that yours are stronger then OEM. Are they better/stronger then the same style, brand new bars listed on ebay as TUV approved for $249?

Last edited by BLACKSRT-6; 12-06-2011 at 08:54 AM.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:57 AM

I totally understand the spammer worries.

Link to Benzworld Forum user page: Benzworld.org - Mercedes-Benz Discussion Forum - View Profile: SpitzeStrom_Terp

Link to old website with images: http://terpconnect.umd.edu/~miked/WWW/slk.html

Link to original post on Benzworld forum about roll bars: For Sale: ... Put your R170 for sale suff here! - Page 6 - Benzworld.org - Mercedes-Benz Discussion Forum

I can't say that they are better outright just based on my own knowledge, but I can tell that the weld points on the bars I am selling look different than those in the eBay link you added. The bars I am selling look more like these listed on the UK eBay site that they are selling for 275.00 USD plus 125.00 USD for shipping: MERCEDES BENZ SLK 1996-2004 R170 POLISHED STAINLESS SPORTS ROLL BAR SET, ROLLBAR | eBay

In the end, I'm just trying to make it worthwhile to sell them. I realize the original vendor I purchased them from would have upped the price in order to make money, but my only other option is to hold on to them until I sell the car down the road.

Old 12-08-2011, 01:26 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I paid $158. (best offer) to Auto Grimmig on E-Bay not too long ago, and I'm confident that these are the same quality, if not thee same bars that you're selling. They are from Germany, beautifully polished SS and tig welded. They disclose that they are not to be relied on for additional safety but I believe they are just covering their a$$es saying that. Why pay more??

Old 12-08-2011, 08:03 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I think Steve needs these....

Old 12-08-2011, 08:27 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dinasrt
I paid $158. (best offer) to Auto Grimmig on E-Bay not too long ago, and I'm confident that these are the same quality, if not thee same bars that you're selling. They are from Germany, beautifully polished SS and tig welded. They disclose that they are not to be relied on for additional safety but I believe they are just covering their a$$es saying that. Why pay more??
My apologies. I didn't see that the ones you're selling are the newer "triangle" style, and sell for a bit more. My bad! Sorry, good luck.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:39 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
I think Steve needs these....
to late doc i already have them!! bought mine off ebay from germany with tuv cert brand new for 300$ shipped. mine are installed and i like the look. 13dog and jhm2k not so much!