Parts/Accessories for sale - Archive This forum is no longer accepting new listings. Go to **the *new* Crossfire Marketplace**

CENTRIC Power Alloy Brakes Cross drilled slotted/Ceramic brake pads for N/A and Srt6

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 11:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: CENTRIC Power Alloy Brakes Cross drilled slotted/Ceramic brake pads for N/A and S

Originally Posted by XFire-GTO
Placed order.... believe they should be enroute soon..... waiting conformation

06/05/2012: Checked cleared.
06/11/2012: Spoke w/Marc and informed order is enroute.
06/18/2012: Nothing received as yet..... this has me worried.
06/18/2012: Two calls several hours apart this evening.... left message on answering machine, also sent e-mail.

Starting to have a very bad feeling about this transaction.

Curious....has anyone been stiffed by freakingfastsrt6 (Marc Williams)?

Old 06-19-2012, 10:39 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: CENTRIC Power Alloy Brakes Cross drilled slotted/Ceramic brake pads for N/A and S

06/18/2012: Two calls several hours apart this evening.... left message on answering machine, also sent e-mail.

Starting to have a very bad feeling about this transaction.

Curious....has anyone been stiffed by freakingfastsrt6 (Marc Williams)?

I can answer your question>>NO no one has ever been stiffed~ Im not on here to rip anyone off! However I do not have control of how shipments are getting to you once shipped. I have had both good and bad exp. with USPS but one way or another they always seem to find themselves to the door. Second I don't do this for work>>>I do this as a favor to the forum...I only ship out on weekends~Reason being is that when I go to work @5am and come home at 730pm Post is closed~ So I ship on Sat.

With all the orders I have sent out to fellow crossfire members (over 3000 boxes) I have run into my share of problems with shipments late, dropped, lost, kept for scanning, kept for investigation or employees just flat out being lazy or? due to boxes being to heavy for them. I have gotten every excuse in the book from USPS. Ys boxes have been known to be put off on hold due to weight.

I do offer shipping from a more reputable companies such as UPS FEDEX, but price is almost triple the cost of USPS. So either you guys want reliability or cheap shipping. Completely up to you as I have well mentioned in previous posts...

So please be patient...I understand the need to get something you pay for in a hurry. They will arrive.

Old 06-19-2012, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by freakingfastsrt6
I can answer your question>>NO no one has ever been stiffed~ Im not on here to rip anyone off! However I do not have control of how shipments are getting to you once shipped. I have had both good and bad exp. with USPS but one way or another they always seem to find themselves to the door. Second I don't do this for work>>>I do this as a favor to the forum...I only ship out on weekends~Reason being is that when I go to work @5am and come home at 730pm Post is closed~ So I ship on Sat.

With all the orders I have sent out to fellow crossfire members (over 3000 boxes) I have run into my share of problems with shipments late, dropped, lost, kept for scanning, kept for investigation or employees just flat out being lazy or? due to boxes being to heavy for them. I have gotten every excuse in the book from USPS. Ys boxes have been known to be put off on hold due to weight.

I do offer shipping from a more reputable companies such as UPS FEDEX, but price is almost triple the cost of USPS. So either you guys want reliability or cheap shipping. Completely up to you as I have well mentioned in previous posts...

So please be patient...I understand the need to get something you pay for in a hurry. They will arrive.
Thanks for the heads-up communication, both here and via e-mail. Was not aware you've had past problems with USPS shipping.

Nothing personal, and hopefully you can understand my apprehension/concern.

Note: 06/21/2012
Brake Pkg arrived via USPS about 3:30 pm est

Thanks Marc

Attached Thumbnails CENTRIC Power Alloy Brakes Cross drilled slotted/Ceramic brake pads for N/A and Srt6-2012-06-21_001a.jpg  

Last edited by XFire-GTO; 06-21-2012 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Update
Old 07-23-2012, 01:31 AM

07-19-2012: Brakes Installed
Including....Phantom Brake Line Kit and Stoptech Brake Fluid from NEEDSWINGS

Back of the oem rims completely covered with Brake dust. Looked like they were powder coated black.
But, able to clean them up using some elbow crease., etc.

Last edited by XFire-GTO; 07-23-2012 at 01:35 AM.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:45 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great John...Hope all is well my friend~

Still waiting on the pics of the GTO

marcr1067@speedgravity.com

Old 07-26-2012, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by freakingfastsrt6
Looks great John...Hope all is well my friend~

Still waiting on the pics of the GTO

marcr1067@speedgravity.com
All is well, and hope same is true at your end.

Also posted same info in this section.
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post685751

Will send you some additional pic's of the Goat soon.

Attached Thumbnails CENTRIC Power Alloy Brakes Cross drilled slotted/Ceramic brake pads for N/A and Srt6-2011-12-16.jpg  
Old 08-03-2012, 02:16 PM

Hi Marc, 3.5K on the rotors and pads. The squeaking ( I forgot to install the quiet brake pad lube stuff) is starting to go away now, however I am noticing a lot of brake dust on my front wheels. I do drive her hard so this may be unavoidable but ceramic pads in the past haven't produced as much dust. What are you seeing with yours and others? I am sure the cross drilled and slotted rotors are not helping this but I'd rather replace brake pads than rotors.

Old 08-15-2012, 04:48 PM

PM sent. (at least 10 characters)

Old 08-17-2012, 09:40 PM

sqeaking is coming back louder and more constant. I will be removing calipers this weekend and installing anti squeal. Brake dust still accumulates every 2 weeks on the front wheels. The wheels are black so everything shows up on them.

Old 08-24-2012, 10:25 PM
Forum Regular

What is the brinell rating on these rotors?

Old 08-27-2012, 09:52 AM

slight surface rust on rotors, mostly on the surfaces that were dinged up a little with USPS shipping. Remember one rotor was completely re-boxed by USPS.

I applied anti-squeal to every surface I could find where the brake pad contacts the calipers. All squealing stopped for 5 days and started coming back again. I need to get back in there again.

Still love the set up with the looks and stopping power

Old 09-27-2012, 05:02 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

is this brake setup still being sold? i sent a PM but did not get a reply???

Old 09-27-2012, 05:04 PM
Forum Regular

Are these rotors G3000 or G3500?

Old 10-13-2012, 04:53 PM
Forum Regular

Pm sent.....thank you:d

Old 10-15-2012, 04:35 PM
Forum Regular

"great service" received my brake setup in 4 days after ordering it...and the brakes are a nice setup and work very well...

Old 10-15-2012, 05:42 PM

Any updates on the brake dust and squelching from this setup

Old 10-15-2012, 06:47 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Daddy
Any updates on the brake dust and squelching from this setup
i just had my brakes installed today and the tec told me this type of shoe at first do a bit of squelching and than stop and he also put some type of lube in there that did help some.....but i sure hope hes right and it does go away as it is very anoying..... .... maybe some one that has had them on for a while can give some input???

Last edited by fastfred; 10-15-2012 at 06:56 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:35 PM
Forum Regular

last night i drove around the city in stop and go stuff for a few hours,and i broke in my pads as the tec. that did my install told me very easy at first he also told me if i do major braking right away it scores the pads and they will make a lot of noise and not work well and after about 20 Miles or so the noise went away so i drove for about 40 more city miles and no noise so my tec. does know what hes talking about and then this am i drove some more city stop and go and the brakes work very well 10times better than stock and i'm not getting any noise....i'm very happy now....

Last edited by fastfred; 10-16-2012 at 03:38 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:47 PM

These posi quiet ceramic pads are pre-scortched. I still have squealing and have removed the calipers and pads front and back twice adding two different brands of anti squeal to every metal to metal surface contact that I could find. I had some other members recomend removing the posi quiet shims and re-installing the OEM ones instead.....

Old 10-29-2012, 05:22 PM

I have the same occurrence that JesseJamessrt6 has with the brake kit - brake squeal and front brake dust.

I installed the SRT6 rotor/pad set with SS line and did a brake flush, the brakes performed great.

But, I would get a squeaking brake noise during braking and plenty of front brake dust.

Even after checking all 4 corners a week later, I still had squeaking brakes once the brakes warmed up.

I lived with this for 4 months and about 3k miles, then I decided to at least fix the front brake dust by changing to a different pad.

I purchased Hawk Performance HB497Z.776 Performance Ceramic Front Brake Pad for $83.69 at Amazon.

The new front pads fixed both problems, no more brake squeal, not even a peep. Brake dust is now next to none, which is the same as the rear. Life is good.

I believe that Jesse and I received a bad batch of the front Posi Quiet pads, because the rears are fine.

Overall, I am very satisfied with the brake kit and it is a must buy.

Hawk Performance HB497Z.776 Performance Ceramic Brake Pad : Amazon.com : Automotive Hawk Performance HB497Z.776 Performance Ceramic Brake Pad : Amazon.com : Automotive

Shade

Quick Reply: CENTRIC Power Alloy Brakes Cross drilled slotted/Ceramic brake pads for N/A and Srt6