Parts/Accessories for sale - Archive This forum is no longer accepting new listings. Go to **the *new* Crossfire Marketplace**

Air filters

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 04:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air filters

What should I expect to pay for engine air and cabin air filters? Thanks

Old 07-05-2017, 05:00 PM
Talking Re: Air filters

Originally Posted by dmajma
What should I expect to pay for engine air and cabin air filters? Thanks
To much

Old 12-07-2017, 11:14 AM
Forum Regular
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: Air filters

Where is the cabin air filter located on a 2005 Coupe? My dealer says there is not one on the car! Please let me know - I'm new to the Crossfire's.

Jim

jpmlholian@aol.com

Old 12-07-2017, 12:51 PM
Received 97 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Holian
Where is the cabin air filter located on a 2005 Coupe? My dealer says there is not one on the car! Please let me know - I'm new to the Crossfire's.

Jim

jpmlholian@aol.com
Jim
The cabin filter is located under the glove box, above the foot well on the passenger side of your Crossfire. There is a ruler sized slat that has 2 screws holding the filter in place.
The only hard part of servicing the filter, lying upside down in taking out and replacing the new one. You've got to be limber to do it!
BTW, if your dealer is a Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep, they forgot about the Crossfire and it's servicing needs.
Dennis
DTMenace

Old 12-07-2017, 12:58 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Jim

jpmlholian@aol.com
I think that only the 2004s, the Limited models and the SRT's have cabin air filters.
How to change the cabin filter. CLICK

Last edited by onehundred80; 12-07-2017 at 01:00 PM.
Old 12-07-2017, 06:21 PM
Forum Regular
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Dennis - I believe you are correct. My dealer is a Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealer and I think you hit the nail on the head. They forgot!

I did call a local Mercedes dealer and asked them if they serviced the Crossfire but they said "NO".

FYI, I'm 79 years but I'm trying to forget that. A reliable dealer/service dept. in the greater Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky area is sort of critical to me because of my age related limitations. Can't do all the things I used to do.

Your input and that of onehundred80 are very much appreciated.

Jim

Old 12-07-2017, 08:01 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Dennis - I believe you are correct. My dealer is a Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealer and I think you hit the nail on the head. They forgot!

I did call a local Mercedes dealer and asked them if they serviced the Crossfire but they said "NO".

FYI, I'm 79 years but I'm trying to forget that. A reliable dealer/service dept. in the greater Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky area is sort of critical to me because of my age related limitations. Can't do all the things I used to do.

Your input and that of onehundred80 are very much appreciated.

Jim
Look for a good independent German import service outfit in your area, you do not want inflated service costs from a dealer. Most dealers make most of their profit by servicing the cars they and others have sold.

Old 12-08-2017, 06:51 AM
Thumbs up Re: Air filters

[QUOTE=Jim Holian;898380]Where is the cabin air filter located on a 2005 Coupe? My dealer says there is not one on the car! Please let me know - I'm new to the Crossfire's.

Jim

Jim, if you just have the basic model cheapie,(I have a '05 Roadster), then your not going to have everything offered on the Crossfire. No cabin filter system, pressure gauges, fog lamps, to name a few. Go to owners manual and check out the option section to see the difference. I look at it as less cost and just as much fun.

Dennis

Old 12-08-2017, 02:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=djohn14296;898429]

Jim

Jim, if you just have the basic model cheapie,(I have a '05 Roadster), then your not going to have everything offered on the Crossfire. No cabin filter system, pressure gauges, fog lamps, to name a few. Go to owners manual and check out the option section to see the difference. I look at it as less cost and just as much fun.

Dennis
dennis, maybe so, but as a corvette guy my entire adult life (i'm 73) the SRT6 is certainly something special to drive. i get some really interesting looks when i surprise other drivers with the acceleration and speed of the SRT6. i can only imagine what the crossfire/mercedes 8 cylinder conversions must be like to drive!!

steve