CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Racing (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/racing/)
-   -   Smoked by SL55 AMG (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/racing/25733-smoked-sl55-amg.html)

DOCR22 06-24-2008 12:34 PM

Smoked by SL55 AMG

Hey guys, I have a modified Crossfire, and I just had the chance to feel the power of the SL55 AMG.

It was a way too fast. Has anyone raced the SL55 AMG with the SRT6? I guess this would be fairer.

Well, I get tired. Got smoked by a SLR in Laguna Beach, Cobra SVT 600 HP, and now SL55 AMG.

At least those are BIG cars, and I didn't get smoked by a 350z...

GatorLCA 06-24-2008 01:08 PM

Re: Smoked by SL55 AMG

I wouldn't even try racing any AMG with a Limited. Probably the quickest car you can win against I think is a stock S2K. Everything else it'll be a walk in the park for the other driver and I wouldn't even waste the gas

you know the 55's have 500hp?

The 6's would lose by a couple lengths, any pullied/modded 6 should make it close or take the win

Voyager 06-24-2008 01:12 PM

lol yeah the limited really shouldnt be doin much racing. i think you guys should just look nice. the sl55 is a beast of a car and judging by the cars youve raced im assuming its a newer sl55.

maxcichon 06-24-2008 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Voyager
lol yeah the limited really shouldnt be doin much racing. i think you guys should just look nice. the sl55 is a beast of a car and judging by the cars youve raced im assuming its a newer sl55.

Well, I whupped up on a Cavalier the other day. And it was ORANGE!

SO THERE!

:p

DOCR22 06-24-2008 01:56 PM

I love to mess with faster cars, it's fun aslong it's legal and safe. I had a race with the Z06 too. Guess who won...

But let's not talk about who smoked the crossfire. Let's talk about who lost against the modified crossfire:

Nissan 350Z
Mercedes C320
Mustang GT

So I would not say the non-srt6 is "slow". You can't compare it to a SL55 AMG, or all the other 500-600hp cars I messed with. But it's still a fast car, for it's price.

PhillySRT 06-24-2008 02:21 PM

A yellow s2000 pulled up next to me this past weekend at a light on the Roosevelt Blvd (2 sets of 3 lanes each way) and revved his little engine, apparantly failing to notice the wing on the back of my Crossfire. I won't even attempt to estimate the number of car lengths he was back by the time I hit 70mph and let up. He gave me the classic ricer fly-by and then wouldn't even look over at the next light.

Later that same night on the way home I tried messing with a black 911 on the PA Turnpike, failing to notice the "Turbo" on the back. Ouch!

Touché, Karma...touché...

nox1s 06-24-2008 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by DOCR22
Hey guys, I have a modified Crossfire, and I just had the chance to feel the power of the SL55 AMG.

It was a way too fast. Has anyone raced the SL55 AMG with the SRT6? I guess this would be fairer.

Well, I get tired. Got smoked by a SLR in Laguna Beach, Cobra SVT 600 HP, and now SL55 AMG.

At least those are BIG cars, and I didn't get smoked by a 350z...

You talk about how your Crossfire is "modified"... PLEASE tell us what you have done with it?

Moparrbust 06-24-2008 04:52 PM

I like this guy..............most people have a "kill" list of cars they beat, but he has a "killed" list of cars that he lost to. LOL

Voyager 06-24-2008 04:55 PM

yeah im quite interested because even with the tvt250 your no where near a 350z. and what year mustang gt? theres also no way you were with one of the new ones. they are closer to a srts speed

Kurts 06-24-2008 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by maxcichon
Well, I whupped up on a Cavalier the other day. And it was ORANGE!

SO THERE!

:p

A purple beat-to-crap Probe GT with - gasp - a hood scoop & an antenna sized spoiler! I was scared!:p
Too bad, too.....I used to own one & always thought they looked pretty decent.........until you glue on a big-*** scoop & a spoiler that could pull in signals from space better than SETI can.....

SO There there!!

Voyager 06-24-2008 04:55 PM

lol well it is a limited......jking.....maybe

Voyager 06-24-2008 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Kurts
A purple beat-to-crap Probe GT with - gasp - a hood scoop & an antenna sized spoiler! I was scared!:p
Too bad, too.....I used to own one & always thought they looked pretty decent.........until you glue on a big-*** scoop & a spoiler that could pull in signals from space better than SETI can.....

SO There there!!

lol you never said if you raced it or not hahaha

bigbengt67 06-24-2008 05:20 PM

A purple beat-to-crap Probe GT...

Haha, Probe... I still can't believe they thought that was a good name!:rolleyes:

beto7650@yahoo.com 06-24-2008 05:23 PM

Hi guys.....

wake up....our car is not a racing car......just a fun car....... you'll always find someone that will smoke you..........

Our car is fun to drive...... Beautiful look....... Kind of unique.,... but not a racing car....... If you want to smoke everybody..... get a Ferrari ...........

or go and smoke corrollas, mustangs v6, Honda civics,

maxcichon 06-24-2008 05:24 PM

SO There there!!

A fellow cheeser and I don't think you love/respect me anymore? At least I beat it. And did I mention that it had GREAT BIG TIRES AND A REAL LOUD EXHAUST???

I know I don't drive an SRT, but c'mon guys, give us a break?:confused:

beto7650@yahoo.com 06-24-2008 05:27 PM

My kill list...

- Dodge neon
- Mustangs v6
- Dodge Caravans
- Toyota Corolla
- Honda civic

Who killed me.....

Porshes
Infinity
Nizan 350....
any mercedes.......
dodge 300
dodge challenger...
etc...etc....

Voyager 06-24-2008 05:29 PM

maxcichon im pretty sure kurt was joking. and orange is a fast color that cavelier was probably fast

Voyager 06-24-2008 05:30 PM

how did you go against a challenger?

Kurts 06-24-2008 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Voyager
lol you never said if you raced it or not hahaha

Well, sorta.........if you can call 195hp vs. 360hp a race!
Hey, it's a boring drive home from work! Once in awhile ya just need a little warp speed to brighten the day:) !

nox1s 06-24-2008 05:56 PM

I'm really curious as to what he has done to his car..