CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Racing (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/racing/)
-   -   Jeep SRT8 running from the cops. (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/racing/49983-jeep-srt8-running-cops.html)

grip grip 05-14-2011 10:55 PM

Jeep SRT8 running from the cops.

I would have posted this in the "off topic" forum, but I've had a few beers and can't find it. I guess it doesn't exist. :D

By the way, this was posted a while back over on my Jeep forum and I figured I'd post it here since it has such a great soundtrack.

Mods, please move to the appropriate location. :)

YouTube - Cherokee SRT8 getting chased by Cops...

JHM2K 05-14-2011 11:10 PM

Re: Jeep SRT8 running from the cops.

Looks like my return trip with Steve from Cars 'N Coffee last week... In Mexico, of course. :cool:

grip grip 05-14-2011 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by JHM2K
Looks like my return trip with Steve from Cars 'N Coffee last week... In Mexico, of course. :cool:

Sounds like fun. I'll be there next time. :)

SparkieSRT6 05-14-2011 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by grip grip
I would have posted this in the "off topic" forum, but I've had a few beers and can't find it. I guess it doesn't exist. :D

By the way, this was posted a while back over on my Jeep forum and I figured I'd post it here since it has such a great soundtrack.

Mods, please move to the appropriate location. :)

YouTube - Cherokee SRT8 getting chased by Cops...

The biker with the camera is one crazy mfr. He used up at least nine lives in that video alone. Wonder if he's still with us today?

grip grip 05-14-2011 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by SparkieSRT6
The biker with the camera is one crazy mfr. He used up at least nine lives in that video alone. Wonder if he's still with us today?

LMAO! I doubt it. :D

JHM2K 05-14-2011 11:24 PM

Sounds like fun. I'll be there next time. :)

We're gonna hold you to it.

We always get a little footloose on the return trip... best compliment of the day was when Steve said on the phone "that thing is no slouch" as I brought it back down from a buck-forty.

Of course, he was putting along in overdrive, not breaking a sweat, 50 yards from my bumper. :mad::p:D

grip grip 05-14-2011 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by JHM2K
We're gonna hold you to it.

We always get a little footloose on the return trip... best compliment of the day was when Steve said on the phone "that thing is no slouch" as I brought it back down from a buck-forty.

Of course, he was putting along in overdrive, not breaking a sweat, 50 yards from my bumper. :mad::p:D

Sounds like fun. :) Don't worry about Steve, I'll try to keep that SLK in it's place whatever it takes. :D

By the way, lets swap vehicles for a drive so we can see what each is all about. I'll be throwing you the keys, so keep the shinny side up. :D

Hit the track with me and you can drive it if you want. That's how I roll. :)

oledoc2u 05-15-2011 05:35 AM

Careful with the saying "that's how I roll". LOL.

JHM2K 05-15-2011 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
Careful with the saying "that's how I roll". LOL.

On a closed course, in Mexico, with no women/children/babies present. :D

JHM2K 05-15-2011 06:47 AM

By the way, lets swap vehicles for a drive so we can see what each is all about. I'll be throwing you the keys, so keep the shinny side up. :D

You got a deal!

32krazy! 05-15-2011 07:42 AM

i tried to get john to bowling green but he wouldn't go. something about not knowing how to do a burnout! he drove my old 32 at a track in al and was quite respectable!

FUBU 05-15-2011 08:08 AM

I thought our srt6 were faster then these fat srt8s.. But guess I was wrong. 11.9 in a 1/4 mile run.. If not faster. Modded of course. Our SRTs can do that to but only after heavy modification. Hmm I was hoping that ours were faster...

grip grip 05-15-2011 10:03 AM

The SRT8's are very quick. It's becoming very common for the Jeeps to run low 12's with just a tune and cai. With the all wheel drive they get easy 1.7 sixty foots on street tires. If you see a Jeep at a stop sign I advise you to look for other prey, as it launches like a rail gun. :)

There are also a few that have run 11's with just a tune, cai, and cam.

There are a couple guys that have added a Vortech and ran 11.1's. They are definitely not slow.

SparkieSRT6 05-15-2011 10:23 AM

How is the Jeeps AWD driveline holding up to all that abuse??

JHM2K 05-15-2011 10:42 AM

The SRT8's are very quick. It's becoming very common for the Jeeps to run low 12's with just a tune and cai. With the all wheel drive they get easy 1.7 sixty foots on street tires. If you see a Jeep at a stop sign I advise you to look for other prey, as it launches like a rail gun. :)

There are also a few that have run 11's with just a tune, cai, and cam.

There are a couple guys that have added a Vortech and ran 11.1's. They are definitely not slow.

I have MASSIVE respect for the Jeeps... Very quick SUVs

FUBU 05-15-2011 10:51 AM

Nice cars but I still think a sportscar should beat a jeep. ;)
Now I definitely must get a dcai, c3 and tune. :) Haha..
What about the srt8 stock?
Also, i saw quite a few 370z I FL, how do we compete against ghem?

grip grip 05-15-2011 11:11 AM

The transmission on the Jeep (SRT8) is good to around 600HP. At that point I had to upgrade it. The carrier and axles never gave me a problem even when I was racing it and pushing close to 800HP.

As for the comment "Nice cars but I still think a sportscar should beat a jeep. ", you can think what you want, but if you're stock I advise you to keep your distance unless you find one on the highway. Keep in mind, Chrysler doesn't just hand out the SRT badge for shits and giggles. :D

Stock the Jeeps run low 13's, but you don't see many stock ones. At a stoplight it will appear much faster due to the neck snapping launch that usually puts a bus length on just about anything. After that you would start reeling it in, but at that point the race is over.

32krazy! 05-15-2011 11:18 AM

Keep in mind, Chrysler doesn't just hand out the SRT badge for shits and giggles. :D

interesting. maybe that got that from mercedes! (amg)

FUBU 05-15-2011 11:54 AM

I have had a jeep grand cherokee and even that car was fairly quick at the stoplights. I like them but I prefer sportcars I'm front of any SUV. I might buy an Jeep SRT8 so don't misunderstand my comment. There is a new one coming out or not? But I guess for now I will be happy with my xf.
Btw, have any of you heard of a s/c pulley (like the c3) is being made by eurocharged? Or have I dreamt it?

oledoc2u 05-15-2011 12:23 PM

wouldn't surprise me if Eurocharged would take that on...I had an SRT8 Jeep for a short while and loved it....the 12 mpg, convinced me into a regular Jeep with change left over...just turned that baby back in...I now drive a '99 Tahoe "The Hoe"....and yes, back to the 12 mpg...but I own this baby...and it pulls the 24' car trailer just fine...There aren't many modded SRT8 Jeeps around here, but they can haul with the best of them...not bad for SUV...I would have kept the SRT8, but didn't want to put a funkie trailer hitch on it...those duals are classic...