Racing The place to talk about autocrossing, road and drag racing.

Crossfire Reclassed in DS

Old 01-28-2017, 01:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crossfire Reclassed in DS

The NA Crossfire was moved from FS to DS, where the competition is mainly Subaru WRXs and FRZs. Is that a good thing or not? Let me know your opinion. I'm autocrossing next Saturday and will share my opinion after that experience. Thanks.

Old 02-05-2017, 07:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Crossfire Reclassed in DS

I autocrossed on Saturday in DS, and here are my impressions. The bad first: I was third in a class of four. I was beaten by a WRX and a BRZ. The good: I was 0.91 seconds from first place. I was 0.76 seconds from second place. I ran in the first heat when the course was still wet from a drizzle that didn't stop until the third heat, when the fastest times were run. The course was just over 50 seconds for the fastest street cars. The winner in DS ran a 54.869. He ran a 53.639 when he ran his "double" entry in the third heat. So, he picked up more than one second when the course had dried. I think that I can do much better. Here's the video link:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vfkey8LPvlQ&t=8s

Old 03-21-2018, 11:29 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Not a good thing going against WRX...they launch in four wheel drive...BRZ...no problem...I run a 2005 xfire in DS. Should make for a fun season!

Old 03-22-2018, 12:04 AM
Received 532 Likes on 450 Posts

Uuu
Originally Posted by shaag78749
I autocrossed on Saturday in DS, and here are my impressions. The bad first: I was third in a class of four. I was beaten by a WRX and a BRZ. The good: I was 0.91 seconds from first place. I was 0.76 seconds from second place. I ran in the first heat when the course was still wet from a drizzle that didn't stop until the third heat, when the fastest times were run. The course was just over 50 seconds for the fastest street cars. The winner in DS ran a 54.869. He ran a 53.639 when he ran his "double" entry in the third heat. So, he picked up more than one second when the course had dried. I think that I can do much better. Here's the video link:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vfkey8LPvlQ&t=8s
I think you deserve a second or so taken of your times, I know that I could not get anywhere near that time at my age. Good on you, show them kids how to do it.

Old 04-19-2018, 01:22 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Raced 14 runs this past weekend ranging from 48 seconds down to 39 on Continental DSW06. Finished second in class (DS) Saturday and First Sunday. Ran against WRX, BRZ, FZR. Perspective is STX prepared Cooper Mini was running 36's. Looking for best set of racing wheels (18 & 19) to mount the Bridgestone RE71R's on to see if it makes a difference.