CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   South Forum (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/south-forum/)
-   -   9 May Central Texas Crossfires (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/south-forum/33776-9-may-central-texas-crossfires.html)

FTroopChief 04-24-2009 12:12 AM

9 May Central Texas Crossfires

HELLOOOOOO?? Any body besides me going to the TMS charity laps 9 May?
Derf...STOGEY....PAULW.....RonGordner....Jared.... Willie.... Roger....I know BILL's not....Paige....????

John P
FTroopChief

Stogey 04-24-2009 09:01 AM

Re: 9 May Central Texas Crossfires

I maybe up for that John.....I'll let ya know ! According to the schedule I'm off that weekend but ya never know round here ! Hopin to have my NeedWings CAI and TVT Throttlebody installed by then. Maybe I'd be able to keep up with Inferno's SRT ! LOL

FTroopChief 04-24-2009 09:54 PM

Hal, you're the lead dog in this. Tell me where and when you want to meet. I'm going to PM Jared and Ron and Willie. Fred said he was going up Friday night and coming back Sunday. Bill said he doesn't "Race" his car. Paul was uncomitted, but leaning. When Dan gets our schedule we'll know more, and if you get out of he pits before he does, he'll never pass you.:D

John P

SRT-6 Steve 04-25-2009 08:35 AM

I don't know if Bill was serious about "not racing his car" but this is "not racing your car" and not hard on it in any way - just a fun thing to do. You may want to talk to him again.

Steve

InfernoRedXfire 04-25-2009 08:41 AM

Come on up guys. Don't let Sunday being Mother's Day stop you. Bring her (or the wifey) along. Besides, what could say "I love you Mom" better than taking her for some laps around TMS? :D

Bill F 04-25-2009 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by SRT-6 Steve
I don't know if Bill was serious about "not racing his car" but this is "not racing your car" and not hard on it in any way - just a fun thing to do. You may want to talk to him again.

Steve

I would prefer to do twisties in the hill country then go around a circle on a track. I did enough of that when I drove a stock car in the 60's. I also prefer to do something more Crossfire oriented. Don't really want to drive 500 miles round trip for 3 turns around the track. I appreciate that is what others may want to do but that's me. You all have a good time, be safe. I am willing to have a GTG among CTC, DFW and HAXD somewhere that is a fair distance beween us.

FTroopChief 04-25-2009 02:50 PM

Bill, I 'preciate your response, I'm goin 'cause I got less time left to say "been there, done that".:rolleyes:
Are we, CTC still planning on a May 17th GTG? Any ideas? While I'm up at the track, I'll talk to the DFW folks for any input on a joint meet. If Jared comes up, maybe talk to the Houstonians too. Ron, George, Willie, Jared, any input on the 9th?
John P
FTroopChief

PAULW 04-25-2009 04:48 PM

John,
Plans have been made for me, no can do. Yall have fun.

Bill F 04-25-2009 05:37 PM

Yes we are still on for the GTG May 17. We need to start throwing around where to go. I wonder if we should make up for Bastrop?

FTroopChief 04-26-2009 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Bill F
Yes we are still on for the GTG May 17. We need to start throwing around where to go. I wonder if we should make up for Bastrop?

Sounds good to me. Why don't you start a new thread for the May GTG?

paigemartin 04-26-2009 06:19 PM

That really sounds like a lot of fun. I've never taken my crossfire on a track before. =)
However, I will be away on vacation. I'm supposed to go to Mexico that weekend unless this "swine flu" makes its way to Cancun.
I will keep reading the forum and hopefully there will be another event that I can attend. I look forward to meeting all of you soon!

Paige

Bill F 04-26-2009 06:59 PM

Paige, would you be interested in the Central Texas Crossfires?

rgordner 04-26-2009 07:19 PM

John, tentatively put me down as a yes. I think we would also drive up on Friday afternoon.

FTroopChief 04-26-2009 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by rgordner
John, tentatively put me down as a yes. I think we would also drive up on Friday afternoon.

That's great Ron, I'll send you times etc when I know.

John P

paigemartin 04-27-2009 08:08 AM

Yes! I am interested in joining Central Texas Crossfires. John told me about it and it sounds like a lot of fun. I cant believe i've had my Crossfire for 4 years now and i'm just now learning about the club! Unfortunately I cant do the Motor Speedway thing but I hope to attend the next event. I always get excited when I see another Crossfire on the road, I cant imagine what I would do if I saw a whole group of them!

Paige

FTroopChief 04-27-2009 02:26 PM

Paige that's turrific, glad to have in the "Rockin' Chair". We'll see you soon.

John P
https://www.crossfireforum.org/galle...s/IMG_0436.JPG
Bill John

Bill F 04-27-2009 03:46 PM

We are happy that you will be joining us and hope that you will be participating in our GTGs on a regular basis.

Stogey 04-28-2009 05:21 AM

Welcome aboard Paige ! I see a Black XFire in Kyle every now and then, that wouldn't be you would it ??? :D

InfernoRedXfire 04-28-2009 05:39 AM

Hey guys, in case you didn't see it a track time has been set. See the updated thread for details:

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=32571

paigemartin 05-03-2009 12:54 AM

Sorry, My Xfire is metallic graphite and I commute on I-35 everyday between New Braunfels and San Antonio. When I first decided to move to New Braunfels and I saw all of the Crossfires here, I knew this is where I belonged.
I look forward to seeing you all at the future GTG's. Thank you