South Forum Serving AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX.

Another Castle/Lake run GTG anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 11:21 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Castle/Lake run GTG anyone?

I'm thinking about planning a March or April GTG to do the Castle/Lake run again. Anyone interested?

Old 01-05-2013, 12:24 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Another Castle/Lake run GTG anyone?

We are! What castle and lake?

Old 01-05-2013, 01:22 PM
Forum Regular

The castle is not a well known one, just one I like to drive by every now and then. It is on Lake Worth and has a lot of historic events, such as Dwight D. Eisenhower spending time there and Jimmy Stewart stayed there in the early 1950's during the filming of "Strategic Air Command" at nearby Carsell Air Force Base. It's not much to look at these days, but the drive is nice and the thought of the history behind it is nice. It has a tunnel built from the house to the lake.

We did this drive a few years ago... Went by Lake Worth and Eagle Mountain Lake... it's a nice drive..

Old 01-06-2013, 10:01 AM

Carmen and I might like to do this! Sounds fun. Loved the Jimmy Stewart connection, saw that movie about 50 times. He was a great guy!!

Old 01-06-2013, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Char
The castle is not a well known one, just one I like to drive by every now and then. It is on Lake Worth and has a lot of historic events, such as Dwight D. Eisenhower spending time there and Jimmy Stewart stayed there in the early 1950's during the filming of "Strategic Air Command" at nearby Carsell Air Force Base. It's not much to look at these days, but the drive is nice and the thought of the history behind it is nice. It has a tunnel built from the house to the lake.

We did this drive a few years ago... Went by Lake Worth and Eagle Mountain Lake... it's a nice drive..

That sounds great Char. Lets find a nice day to do this.

Old 01-11-2013, 03:40 PM

I remember when we did this Char. It was a fun day!

Old 01-12-2013, 11:12 AM
Forum Regular

LITTLEWING!!!! Haven't seen you in years!! Miss you!!! I hope you can make this GTG... Would be good to see you....

So I'm thinking about adding to this drive some, we may just make a quick stop at the place we had lunch last time. Then continue on to anther spot where they have an outdoor patio on the lake and sometimes in the afternoon, they will have a blues band set up. Right on the lake... If this sounds like something you all would like? If Dave and Carmen are coming from Houston, I want to make it worth their drive... lol

Do we want to make this in March, April or May? I might wait till we get closer to the time to set an actual date so we can "try" to plan for a nice sunny day.... Unless someone knows how to pick a good day?!?!?!?! HHHMMMMMM!!!! hahahahahah No seriously, anyone? lol

Old 01-14-2013, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Char
LITTLEWING!!!! Haven't seen you in years!! Miss you!!! I hope you can make this GTG... Would be good to see you....

So I'm thinking about adding to this drive some, we may just make a quick stop at the place we had lunch last time. Then continue on to anther spot where they have an outdoor patio on the lake and sometimes in the afternoon, they will have a blues band set up. Right on the lake... If this sounds like something you all would like? If Dave and Carmen are coming from Houston, I want to make it worth their drive... lol

Do we want to make this in March, April or May? I might wait till we get closer to the time to set an actual date so we can "try" to plan for a nice sunny day.... Unless someone knows how to pick a good day?!?!?!?! HHHMMMMMM!!!! hahahahahah No seriously, anyone? lol
Thanks Char!!! Congrats on getting married.

I left Texas a couple of years ago, but try to back to Dallas several times a year.

The end of March or April would work best for me, but do not plan around me as I may not be able to attend for sure.

I see it is still hard to get the DFW group to commit, lol.

I will keep checking to see what is decided.

Old 01-14-2013, 10:00 PM

This sounds like it would be good to have with the TMS, if they have it. It looks to me that the later it goes the better, less rain ,etc. Just not too late as temps get too high.

Old 01-15-2013, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by littlewing
Thanks Char!!! Congrats on getting married.

I left Texas a couple of years ago, but try to back to Dallas several times a year.

The end of March or April would work best for me, but do not plan around me as I may not be able to attend for sure.

I see it is still hard to get the DFW group to commit, lol.

I will keep checking to see what is decided.

We NEED you there littlewing!

Old 04-08-2013, 04:43 PM
Forum Regular

Ok.. trying to set a good date for this but the weather has been so crazy and I was trying to schedule it when one of the Eagle Mountain Lake hang outs had some live music in the afternoon, but most have not started scheduling these things yet. I do know Augies has a live acoustic set on the patio on the lake on April 28 from 2pm to 6pm .. but the parking there is not great. So do we want to do that and deal with the parking or try one of the other spots on the lake that has good parking? Thoughts?

Old 04-08-2013, 07:00 PM

I think the 28th is good. We could drive up Friday or early Sat Morning, hear some music and drive home Sunday. Beer food and music are always good combos. I would certainly try to attend.

Old 04-09-2013, 01:14 PM

Char,

Would love to join Ya'll but things are a bit hectic at present. Going on a Cruise on 14th and don't get back until 21st. Don't know if we will be up to it for the 28th. Will make it if we can, but would need to find a Pet Freindly Hotel in the area for the Saturday Night. Not much time to organize that, ?? Mmmm Mmmm

Old 04-10-2013, 08:17 PM

Ummm, the weather is going to be REALLY nice for a drive this weekend. hint, hint...

Old 04-13-2013, 11:45 AM
Forum Regular

It is really nice this weekend... but it's race weekend... And it gets really crowded around here on race weekends, traffic is horrible... I wouldn't put you all through that...

Old 04-20-2013, 12:14 PM
Forum Regular

Ok.. Let's do this on Sunday 4/28... If you would also like to do something that Saturday 4/27, the Hubby and I are going on his Yamaha and a few other bikes to Germanfest in Muenster Tx. It's a nice run as well.... GERMANFEST MUENSTER, TX

Let me know who is in and I will get the details together...