Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Zex Nitrous install, with detailed step by step pics

Old 10-28-2009, 05:40 PM
TVT_DESIGN
Default Zex Nitrous install, with detailed step by step pics

Just finished up a Zex black out kit on an 04 Crossfire and thought the community would like to see it.

Flickr: TVT Design's Photostream

It seems nitrous has become quite popular with these cars, as we've sold 5 of these kits alone this month.

Would there be interest in a Crossfire specific cut with hoses and fittings as a direct plug and play? It will also include detailed instructions with photos and accessory mods to support up to a 125 shot.

Old 10-28-2009, 05:53 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Zex Nitrous install, with detailed step by step pics

How much do these kits run? Nitrous seems the only way to get quick real power..

Old 10-28-2009, 06:02 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TVT_DESIGN
Would there be interest in a Crossfire specific cut with hoses and fittings as a direct plug and play? It will also include detailed instructions with photos and accessory mods to support up to a 125 shot.
Sure, why not?

BC.

Old 10-28-2009, 06:44 PM
TVT_DESIGN

Originally Posted by nox1s
How much do these kits run? Nitrous seems the only way to get quick real power..
650ish.

That's a basic bottle, hoses, fittings, solenoid kit. There are more parts that I wouldn't feel comfortable running NOS without (heater, blow down tube, pressure gauge, purge, window switch), but of course they add money.

I have about 1k in my system, but it's a dual bottle system that has some more expensive parts to insure a fully concealed installation (even bottles are hidden).

If I can get a kit together with all the good stuff for under 900, would there be interest?

Old 10-28-2009, 07:39 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

650ish.

That's a basic bottle, hoses, fittings, solenoid kit. There are more parts that I wouldn't feel comfortable running NOS without (heater, blow down tube, pressure gauge, purge, window switch), but of course they add money.

I have about 1k in my system, but it's a dual bottle system that has some more expensive parts to insure a fully concealed installation (even bottles are hidden).

If I can get a kit together with all the good stuff for under 900, would there be interest?
Anthony.... with threads like this you make selling my car harder. If you put together a zex wet kit with all the trimmings for under $1000 I will send payment.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:06 PM
TVT_DESIGN

Originally Posted by ImportLabSRT
Anthony.... with threads like this you make selling my car harder. If you put together a zex wet kit with all the trimmings for under $1000 I will send payment.
What would you be interested in? I personally like the ease of the ZEX NMU, but for a more upgradable and flexible system there are other ways to go.

I can do a kit with everything mentioned above (minus window switch) for 950.00 shipped and that's without bulk pricing or piecing together a system to look for the best prices.

If you tell me what you want, I'd love to build a system for you.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:43 PM
Forum Regular

Would this work on a srt? Also would you be using 2 5lbs bottles hidden in the quarter panels. I wouldn't have the money now but after christmas I would. Think you will still be able to get a kit for under a grand after christmas?

Old 10-28-2009, 10:05 PM
TVT_DESIGN

Originally Posted by cassidyrj1
Would this work on a srt? Also would you be using 2 5lbs bottles hidden in the quarter panels. I wouldn't have the money now but after christmas I would. Think you will still be able to get a kit for under a grand after christmas?
Yea, that's the route I went on my car.

Kit price will depend on what you want in the kit. 2 5 lbs bottles cost just as much as 2 15 lbs bottles.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:52 PM
Forum Regular

I had a zex wet kit on my cts but sold it im not sure what pound bottle I had. Can a 15 pound bottle be hidden? Also when its all set up will you be able to notice that the car has nitrous. If there is a way to make it look like there is nothing there that would be great.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know quite a bit about cars but I have never looked into nos before could you do a quick run down about it and what all the parts do I know that it sprays nos in and makes everything supper cold thanks

Old 10-29-2009, 05:42 AM

Wow, why can't you guys be closer to me? I've been saving up for either a 35 shot of Zex or a water/meth kit. Have you guys installed a meth kit yet? Also I'm assuming it's a necessity to have the car tuned to handle this.

Old 10-29-2009, 08:23 AM

Im not worried about hiding my kit much....and if I do, a false floor might do the trick. I am sending you a PM Anthony.

Old 10-29-2009, 10:24 AM
TVT_DESIGN

Originally Posted by Mimi05SRT6
Wow, why can't you guys be closer to me? I've been saving up for either a 35 shot of Zex or a water/meth kit. Have you guys installed a meth kit yet? Also I'm assuming it's a necessity to have the car tuned to handle this.
We've done meth installs, and for the money, a NOS system is way more effective. You can have the cooling effect similar to meth and the option of upping the HP that meth does not allow. Granted NOS is more expensive then methanol, but it's worth it.

Old 10-29-2009, 10:26 AM
TVT_DESIGN

Originally Posted by 94Bravada
I know quite a bit about cars but I have never looked into nos before could you do a quick run down about it and what all the parts do I know that it sprays nos in and makes everything supper cold thanks
Nitrous basically shuttles a more concentrated amount of Oxygen molecules into the combustion chamber. Nitrous is 2 nitrogen molecules bonded to 1 oxygen molecule. When it enters the combustion chamber the heat of the chamber breaks apart the molecules and releases the oxygen. In a wet nitrous kit you also inject additional fuel (nozzle plumbed after MAF) which helps to cool and avoid an over lean condition you would have with the extra oxygen.

Old 10-30-2009, 03:42 AM

hows the reliability? when i was over on MBworld, the general agreement was that these engines do NOT like NOS, and a few members on here have noted the same thing... if you got it all straightened it out, then i too might jump on this one.

Old 10-30-2009, 09:47 AM
TVT_DESIGN

Originally Posted by ShinobiOfLegends
hows the reliability? when i was over on MBworld, the general agreement was that these engines do NOT like NOS, and a few members on here have noted the same thing... if you got it all straightened it out, then i too might jump on this one.
99.9% of people that voice their opinion usually haven't tried it, much like the people who hate the Sprint Booster.

Saying a motor doesn't like nitrous is like saying it doesn't like too much air and fuel. Any engine does not like NOS when it is not installed properly or jetted too high.

We've run it on a bunch of crossfires/MB without issues.

We're ready to go on the kits, but just need to know what people are looking to have in them.

Old 10-30-2009, 10:01 AM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey, good job! I'm using 2 shots that add up to 125 as well. I don't think there are limits with nos if people got the money. For an Army guy like me is hard, I'm not 100% done with my ECU and got to put it on the dyno again. This is the hard part in my opinion, working on the ECU and having the money to rend the dyno and teck guy over and over.

break...

I had way to many problems with the auto bottle opener while refilling the bottle! Keep it manual.

Old 10-30-2009, 01:27 PM

99.9% of people that voice their opinion usually haven't tried it, much like the people who hate the Sprint Booster.

Saying a motor doesn't like nitrous is like saying it doesn't like too much air and fuel. Any engine does not like NOS when it is not installed properly or jetted too high.

We've run it on a bunch of crossfires/MB without issues.

We're ready to go on the kits, but just need to know what people are looking to have in them.
whats to hate about the sprint booster? it does exactly as described, cant ask for more that....

okie day, perhaps it was a recurring tune issue causing the problems? i just recall many having a noisy valvetrain after repeated sprays...

Old 10-30-2009, 02:09 PM
TVT_DESIGN

Originally Posted by ShinobiOfLegends
whats to hate about the sprint booster? it does exactly as described, cant ask for more that....

okie day, perhaps it was a recurring tune issue causing the problems? i just recall many having a noisy valvetrain after repeated sprays...
If you read the threads about the Sprint booster all of the negative comments come from people who haven't used it.

As for the noisy DT, I would blame that on misuse/overuse then the product itself. If you throw a turbo on a NA car and run 15 lbs of boost and the car blows, does that engine not like turbos? Or are you a Dumb*** for adding that much boost without taking all of the necessary precautions?

Old 10-30-2009, 11:47 PM
Forum Regular

Would love nitrous system but not till next season, next spring. I wonder how big a shot could be added. I remember someone runing a 150 shot to get a 10.8sec 1/4 so obviously these motors could handle a smaller shot with ease on a good tune.

Quick Reply: Zex Nitrous install, with detailed step by step pics