Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Where is this beep coming from!?

Old 06-07-2010, 09:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where is this beep coming from!?

I just recently heard one of the weirdest things to date.
I've been working on cars since I was 17 so, and this leaves me stumped.

So my wife comes to me and tells me that the car is making a weird noise. I asked if it was from the breaks while breaking, or from the engine, or squeeking from the suspension.. and she couldn't explain it and said none.. i said "none? are you sure?"

so I took the car around a few blocks and heard nothing...
THEN out of nowhere i heard this faint, yet very annoying, beep come from the dash.
no warning lights, no nothing. i accelerated and coasted again and eventually it did it again...
It's not loud or distinctive like a normal dash warning tone. its kind of sounds like you're at the doctor's office and he's checking your hearing in those headphones (not a loud and peircing sound but subtle, long, and annoying).

any ideas?

Old 06-07-2010, 10:02 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Where is this beep coming from!?

it's really hard to say by what your describing but chrysler is notorious for crappy electrical work ( you probably already know that) could possibly be a short somewhere in the electric system. i would take it to the dealer and have them look at it. since no one has replied to you yet i thought i would put my 2 cents in

Old 06-08-2010, 07:57 AM
Administrator
Received 878 Likes on 684 Posts

But Cody, Chrysler didn't build or even design this car, and there are no Chrysler parts in it that I have found... and I have a doubt any dealer is going to fix this. Seems like ANY challenging item that comes along means multiple trips to the dealer.

Anyway:
I had a similar thing happen the other day, for the first time ever, I put the top up while coasting 5 mph. Got a beeping sound that only went away by stopping the car, shifting to park, and latching the roof to the windshield. It's never done it before, but then, I'v never moved the top without the car in park.

Old 06-08-2010, 08:54 AM
Forum Regular

the car is made in germany but its about 30% mercedes and the rest chrysler. all the electrical is chrysler for sure. i had an issue a few months back that was electrical ( can't remember what it was) and my bright lights and the turn signal on the passenger side would not work and chysler fixed it. there is no reason why the car should have electrical problems with as low of miles as it has but thats chrysler for yah.

Old 06-08-2010, 08:05 PM

pizzaguy, that convertible warning beep you got was totally normal. I tend to do the same thing with my audi convertible while at a red light, convertibles don't like to be moving the top while the the car is moving.

this car only has 24,000 miles. we barely ever drive it.
We already experienced it leaking oil as well. It may be an issue with the dash I suppose..

Old 06-09-2010, 12:22 AM
Received 534 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by Cody M
the car is made in germany but its about 30% mercedes and the rest chrysler. all the electrical is chrysler for sure. i had an issue a few months back that was electrical ( can't remember what it was) and my bright lights and the turn signal on the passenger side would not work and chysler fixed it. there is no reason why the car should have electrical problems with as low of miles as it has but thats chrysler for yah.
What parts specifically? Spare electrical parts may have a Chrysler label and part number on the box or bag but they have Bosch or Mercedes part numbers too, often under the Chrysler label.
I have not found one part identified as being of Chrysler origin.
It is possible that some parts are interchangeable though.
You make a claim with no evidence to support it, proof is needed here not the news that you have forgotten the details.

Last edited by onehundred80; 06-09-2010 at 12:29 AM.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:11 AM
Forum Regular

ok i looked at some wiring diagrams for the crossfire and there is some bosch components. my reason for blaming chrysler is cause i owned a sebring before the crossfire and it had electrical problems as well. so when it comes to electrical stuff going wrong in a chrysler i blame chrysler. i do not like chrysler at all and the only reason i bought a crossfire was because it was made in germany by mercedes (karman) but there is a lot of chrysler parts in the car.

Old 06-09-2010, 09:36 AM
Received 534 Likes on 451 Posts

[quote=Cody M]ok i looked at some wiring diagrams for the crossfire and there is some bosch components. my reason for blaming chrysler is cause i owned a sebring before the crossfire and it had electrical problems as well. so when it comes to electrical stuff going wrong in a chrysler i blame chrysler. i do not like chrysler at all and the only reason i bought a crossfire was because it was made in germany by mercedes (karman) but there is a lot of chrysler parts in the car.[/quote]
OK, show me, and I do not mean generic parts that can be found on cars from other makers. You say a lot so a couple of parts should be easy to find. Chrysler badges do not count as that's to obvious.
If we find Chrysler parts then there are possibly after market parts made to replace them and we can save money, and we all like that.

Last edited by onehundred80; 06-09-2010 at 09:40 AM.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:12 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Every part I have looked at so far says MB or AMG on it...... the Crossfire was stated on the window sticker as 80% German and I havent found any of the other 20% except the Chrysler logos.....

Old 06-09-2010, 10:32 AM
Forum Regular

"The name Crossfire represents the collaboration between Chrysler and Daimler-Benz, with 60 percent of its components Chrysler parts, and 40 percent Mercedes."

Chrysler Crossfire History | eHow.com

"As a general rule, most of what you can see and touch (roughly 60 percent of the total content) is American Chrysler. The other 40 percent, most of what makes it go, stop and turn, is German Mercedes-Benz."

2004 Chrysler Crossfire review ? coupe road test

Sorry for putting my two cents in...... this is turning into a nonsense flaming war and miker you where mislead if the sticker said that.

Old 06-09-2010, 10:55 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Lets get back on track for the OP.....

Rportela, I have not heard any beeps from mine that were not accompanied by an indicator light somewhere..... I get those danged dash indicators with no beeps though....

Old 07-05-2019, 12:23 PM

I know this is a old thread but I am having same issuie now...Has anyone figured out where the faint noise is coming from? any help would be great.