Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Trouble Light On BAS/ESP LIGHT

Old 08-14-2018, 12:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Trouble Light On BAS/ESP LIGHT

Having the brake fluid flushed & brakes bled & calipers checked to make sure they were sliding on slides ok . No more bas/esp light & brake pedal backup to where it should be !!!!

Old 08-15-2018, 08:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe because that’s the way you come across ?

Old 08-15-2018, 08:32 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Mahoney
Maybe because that’s the way you come across ?
You were asking a question of somebody who has not posted in 13 years in a thread that died 13 years ago.
Surely it is best to go to a more current thread where the answers have the backing of up to 15 years of knowledge behind the answers instead of 2, maybe that is too logical for some. I

Old 08-16-2018, 09:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zip439
Carbon conductive grease can be found at either eBay or Amazon; search " carbon conductive". I would guess the easyest to find is MG Chemical's # 8481 or 847.
Again I hope you will take your car to an Independent garage and get those BAS/ESP codes read. Most OBD II scan tools will not dig into the specific Mercedes systems codes far enough to glean the information you need. That is why I strongly suggest going to an automotive shop and get those codes read. It will help diagnose trouble in the BAS/ESP system. You can tell the shop your car is basically a 2004 Mercedes SLK 320. They will know what to do from there. DO NOT get a verbal feed back only: Be specific and be certain you have them write the specific codes on a piece of paper for you. TOO much is lost in verbal interpretation and shop BS. Get the codes.
Okay thanks for the conductive grease info. I actually I do have the car scheduled to go to a local Automotive Electric shop near me, I'll be sure to ask for the codes to be written down. Many things I've been able to work on through, but this is a bit much. Once again this forum is an awesome source! Thanks folks...

Old 08-16-2018, 09:29 AM
Received 181 Likes on 151 Posts

PLEASE follow through with your results. Let us know what has worked to fix your problem. There are many who can learn and will find it helpful with their own Crossfires. Good Luck!

Old 06-15-2019, 11:37 AM
Administrator
Received 884 Likes on 689 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Mahoney

Having the brake fluid flushed & brakes bled & calipers checked to make sure they were sliding on slides ok . No more bas/esp light & brake pedal backup to where it should be !!!!
If you dind't like Dave's post, this one will probably really offend you... sorry, I type this more as an illustration for others and not as an offense to you.

I didn't see where you mentioned the low pedal - had you mentioned it, bleeding the system would have been the first thing most of us suggested.
This is what makes helping people so hard, we are not standing next to your car - the only way to diagnose anything as complex as your brakes (or whatever) is to be standing right there. Failing that, we need every symptom, and (not with your post, but many) we REALLY get upset when someone posts: "My top won't go up or down" but they do not mention, for ten posts, that the car just came back from the dealer - who had it three weeks and that the top worked BEFORE it went to the dealer - jeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzz.

This problem is even worse on Facebook - we actually, every day, get posts like this:
"My check engine light came on, any ideas?" or "My car wont start, any ideas?"

My answer to them, that I won't post:
Yea, I have an idea, but even I am too polite to tell you what I think NOW.

Last edited by pizzaguy; 06-15-2019 at 11:51 AM.