Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

I think I am done

Old 08-27-2014, 11:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think I am done

I have this 2005 Blaze Red Roadster that I bought 2 years ago with 34,000 miles on it and loved it. But, after hassling the car with stalling issues for about a year and taking it to a Mercedes shop who couldn't find anything wrong with it, I finally decided to replace the CPS sensor about 6 months ago. All was good until it stalled on me coming out of a drive through line last week. Thank God it did not stall while in the line. Pulled into a parking stall and waiting for about 40 minutes then it started again.

Code reader says 2 things.
P0335 (CPS sensor... AGAIN)
P0221-Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch "B" Circuit Range/Performance Problem

Anybody know what theThrottle pedal sensor is and where is it at? I will once again change out the CPS but I have no idea what or where the Throttle pedal sensor is.

After this change out..."For sale" sign going up.

Old 08-27-2014, 12:46 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: I think I am done

The CPS might be a bad connector. Make sure.

The other is in the gas pedal assembly. Under ones right foot.

Old 08-27-2014, 03:30 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Lylemac59
I have this 2005 Blaze Red Roadster that I bought 2 years ago with 34,000 miles on it and loved it. But, after hassling the car with stalling issues for about a year and taking it to a Mercedes shop who couldn't find anything wrong with it, I finally decided to replace the CPS sensor about 6 months ago. All was good until it stalled on me coming out of a drive through line last week. Thank God it did not stall while in the line. Pulled into a parking stall and waiting for about 40 minutes then it started again.

P0221-Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch "B" Circuit Range/Performance Problem

Anybody know what theThrottle pedal sensor is and where is it at? I will once again change out the CPS but I have no idea what or where the Throttle pedal sensor is.

You are replacing the CPS with Bosch?

Old 08-27-2014, 03:58 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bill F
That's what I'm wondering.

Old 08-27-2014, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Bill F
Yes I did. Brand new from Auto Zone. I didn't want to chance some aftermarket brand.

When I bought the car, the original owner had tons of paper work from oil changes to minor service and since the car has been new, there was a stalling issue. It appears to be a chronic problem that I just am tired of dealing with. I would love to keep this car...I was driving in Palm Springs one night with the top down and some goof pulls up next to me and asked if it was a Ferrari? Another night in Palm Springs, I parked along Palm Canyon Drive having dinner and 3 women were taking their pictures with the car laying on the hood of it and getting their makeup all over it. It was crazy. I had to set the alarm off to scare them away.

So the car is awesome in that aspect but frustrating with the glitches.

Old 08-27-2014, 04:15 PM
Received 534 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by Lylemac59

Tried this? CLICK

Old 08-27-2014, 04:40 PM
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Just out of curiousity but would expect a wonkey CPS to cause an erratic tach reading. Anyone noticed that ?

As for the TPS, a good scan tool should be able to display the readings with key on and engine off and make sure as you move through the range there are no jumps or dead spots.

There is nothing like having good instrumentation.

Old 08-27-2014, 05:08 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Tried this? CLICK
Yes...this was my first thought too.

Old 08-27-2014, 05:11 PM
Received 534 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by Padgett
Just out of curiousity but would expect a wonkey CPS to cause an erratic tach reading. Anyone noticed that ?
There is nothing like having good instrumentation.
I thought instruments like this are damped to minimize needle fluctuations.

Old 08-27-2014, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Tried this? CLICK
Yes...Did that about a year ago. Took the RCM out and had the connections re-soldered. They said that they looked pretty good but went ahead and soldered them again. I am wondering though if it could still be an issue as the car did nothing when I tried to start it. I am not sure when the CPS sensor starts to go out if the car will turn over without starting or not. But last week, it wouldn't do a thing. I will take the RCM out and check that again as well. Thanks for the reminder.

Old 10-20-2018, 03:20 PM

I'm having this exact issue same codes and everything. 05 Crossfire coupe, stalls and intermittent no start. If I wait 15 minutes it will fire right up. I scheduled an appointment at the dealership as I'm not that me mechanically savvy.

Old 10-20-2018, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Jhowery1124
I'm having this exact issue same codes and everything. 05 Crossfire coupe, stalls and intermittent no start. If I wait 15 minutes it will fire right up. I scheduled an appointment at the dealership as I'm not that me mechanically savvy.
That's likely to be an unproductive and expensive experience! Cancel the appointment and give the forum "brain trust" a few days to help you solve the problem.

(Note: I am not a member of the "brain trust", but have benefitted from their comments).

Old 10-20-2018, 03:59 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 448 Likes on 315 Posts

I'm having this exact issue same codes and everything. 05 Crossfire coupe, stalls and intermittent no start.
If I wait 15 minutes it will fire right up.
I scheduled an appointment at the dealership as I'm not that me mechanically savvy.
NOOOOO.....the dealership will NOT be your answer to the problem
It will be the beginning of a nightmare actually ....seen it here to many times to not feel this way
An independent European automotive shop maybe but NOT the Chrysler dealer

Old 10-20-2018, 08:42 PM
Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Valk
NOOOOO.....the dealership will NOT be your answer to the problem
It will be the beginning of a nightmare actually ....seen it here to many times to not feel this way
An independent European automotive shop maybe but NOT the Chrysler dealer
I absolutely agree with that statement.

Old 10-21-2018, 03:17 PM
Administrator
Received 878 Likes on 684 Posts

See my sigline. And stop being a *%*Y&(&#$N.

Old 10-21-2018, 09:14 PM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I can't stand dealerships, independent shops only if needed, I had a 97 dakota that would do like this, had towed from i24 to a 24 shop they didn't know and wanted me to do full new ecu and several parts at $2,800 and I said no, I drove it to a dealership (strange needing a ecu when I drove it away) went to a dealership (not many options on short notice and needed asap) dealers was saying about the same but added more to the list and price, made some phone calls and went to auto zone and a guy there said he has had that happen and to change the primary coil wire, which I did and Abra cadabra problem solved.