Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

OBDII scanner recommendations

Old 02-09-2019, 02:33 PM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Re: OBDII scanner recommendations

Originally Posted by John&Terry
Hello,

I purchased the iCarsoft MB II diagnostic tool.

I have used it to read and reset transmission codes. It worked well.

I also purchased this Micropod II emulator (about $160). V17.04.27 wiTech MicroPod 2 for Chrysler Diagnosis & Programming Tool Multi-language
I have used it to perform a relearn sequence for the TPMS sensors, after they were replaced. It worked well for this.
But it required I also purchase a laptop with windows xp or 7 operating system ($100 on ebay). The software is also challenging to install, and make work properly.

I had previously taken my vehicle to our local Chrysler dealer to get the TPMS reset. They apparently couldn't perform the work, but still charged me $75 for trying. They instead said I needed a $300 (plus installation) module replaced. And that it "may or may not" fix the problem. It felt good to be able to do this work myself, and not have to rely on the BS I got from the dealer. I look forward to running further diagnostics on my vehicle.
Thanks for the link to the Micropod ll diagnostic tool. Is the DRB lll emulator required to program the tpms?

Old 02-09-2019, 03:20 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bluecoupe

Thanks for the link to the Micropod ll diagnostic tool. Is the DRB lll emulator required to program the tpms?
Yes it is. And a whole sequence of software patches need to take place in a precise order to make the DRB III emulator work with the Micropod II. Networking must also be disabled. Once these software patches are installed, the unit seems to work well as a DRB III emulator. I was able to find the software and instructions online at no additional cost. I can say that the DRB III emulator is easy to use and worked great to perform a relearn sequence of the TPMS for my 2005 SRT6. I also used an Autel TS601 to make each wheel sensor "chirp" in the sequence requested by the DRB III.

Old 02-09-2019, 04:05 PM

Yes it is. And a whole sequence of software patches need to take place in a precise order to make the DRB III emulator work with the Micropod II. Networking must also be disabled. Once these software patches are installed, the unit seems to work well as a DRB III emulator. I was able to find the software and instructions online at no additional cost. I can say that the DRB III emulator is easy to use and worked great to perform a relearn sequence of the TPMS for my 2005 SRT6. I also used an Autel TS601 to make each wheel sensor "chirp" in the sequence requested by the DRB III.
Thankyou for the quick reply and I’m pleased to see you managed to do what the Chrysler dealers couldn’t.

Old 02-09-2019, 04:06 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Hi, what brand of sensor did you use please?

Old 02-09-2019, 04:37 PM

Thankyou for the quick reply and I’m pleased to see you managed to do what the Chrysler dealers couldn’t.
It felt really good to be able to diagnose and perform repairs on my vehicle independently of the dealer. Especially after having the experience I did. The tremendous help everyone offers on this forum really makes a big difference. Thank you!

To be fair to the dealer, this is a rural area, and they rarely if ever, see a Crossfire. I think they tried their best to reset my TPMS, but were completely baffled by a car they have little or no experience with. When we drive in to the dealer, people come outside to see our "unusual" car. And I think they are happy to see us go. Because no one is going to buy one their Fiats, if they see one of our cars parked near it.

Old 02-09-2019, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Hi, what brand of sensor did you use please?
Hello, I used four Schrader EZ-sensors model #33500 (comes with rubber stem) along with the Model #34000 aluminum stem upgrade kits. I looked on this forum for guidance. As I remember, you recommended we use the EZ-sensors because they are dual-frequency. The sensors on my 2005 SRT6 are 433 MHz. The technician was able to program them using his TPMS tool (Bartec 400SD). But when the tool attempted to do the relearn process on my Crossfire, the relearn program terminated and said it was necessary to go to the dealer.

Old 02-09-2019, 05:49 PM

Hello, I used four Schrader EZ-sensors model #33500 (comes with rubber stem) along with the Model #34000 aluminum stem upgrade kits. I looked on this forum for guidance. As I remember, you recommended we use the EZ-sensors because they are dual-frequency. The sensors on my 2005 SRT6 are 433 MHz. The technician was able to program them using his TPMS tool (Bartec 400SD). But when the tool attempted to do the relearn process on my Crossfire, the relearn program terminated and said it was necessary to go to the dealer.
Thanks for the info, bluecoupe mentioned the TPMS to me in the week, mine are still running on my SRT I think. When they fail or sooner I will get some new sensors to install. Maybe bluecoupe will have got the tools and I can use his. LOL
The correct Schrader sensor that comes with the aluminum stem is part #33700.

Last edited by onehundred80; 02-09-2019 at 05:52 PM. Reason: iPad incorrectly guessing what I was writing
Old 02-09-2019, 06:01 PM

Thanks for the info, bluecoupe mentioned the TPMS to me in the week, mine are still running on my SRT I think. When they fail or sooner I will get some new sensors to install. Maybe bluecoupe will have got the tools and I can use his. LOL
The Schrader correct sensor that comes with the aluminum stem is part #33700.
Thank you for this information, and for all the advise and help you have given us. I can ship my laptop and Micropod II up to you, if that might help you with the TPMS relearn.

Old 02-09-2019, 06:06 PM

Thank you for this information, and for all the advise and help you have given us. I can ship my laptop and Micropod II up to you, if that might help you with the TPMS relearn.
That is a really generous offer and I really appreciate it, but I do not have to do it yet and as I said bluecoupe looks like he will get the setup and I can use his as he is only an hour away.��

Last edited by onehundred80; 02-09-2019 at 06:50 PM.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:12 PM

That is a really generous offer and I really appreciate it, but I do not have to do it yet and as I said bluecoupe looks like he will get the setup and I can use his as he is only an hour away.
OK. In case you want to "try before you buy", I would be happy to ship it up for you both to try out.

Old 02-09-2019, 06:31 PM

That’s a generous offer we can’t refuse. I have a laptop with Windows 7. It will be a few months before we get our cars out of the garage. I’d like to contact you then, if you don’t mind?

Old 02-09-2019, 06:37 PM

That’s a generous offer we can’t refuse. I have a laptop with Windows 7. It will be a few months before we get our cars out of the garage. I’d like to contact you then, if you don’t mind?
Please contact me anytime that is convenient for you. I would be happy to send this equipment up for you to try out. We really appreciate all the helpful advise you guys give us.

Old 02-09-2019, 06:48 PM

Please contact me anytime that is convenient for you. I would be happy to send this equipment up for you to try out. We really appreciate all the helpful advise you guys give us.
Thank you. I’ll send you a private message when we are ready to proceed. Thanks again!

Old 02-10-2019, 01:47 PM

Thank you. I’ll send you a private message when we are ready to proceed. Thanks again!
I guess mine are still working, the tire low pressure light came on when I started it the other day, I pumped up the tires and the light went out, so I guess I am still golden right now. I was wondering if the tires had to rotate a few times before the light would go out, I guess not.
The sensors have been in the car since October 2004.

Old 02-10-2019, 02:09 PM

Dave, maybe they were replaced before you got the car?

Old 02-10-2019, 07:21 PM

Dave, maybe they were replaced before you got the car?
I have some bills for the car, no sensors recorded or tire work and the tires were OEM when I got the car, I replaced the tires within a week of getting the car out in the spring. Those tires lasted 21,000 miles, they were seven years old from the time the car was made.
The fronts were very noisy with bad wear patterns, the rears were above the wear indicators but the mechanic refused to pass the car on that account. So I used Sparkies rear tires for the retest, no lights came on which surprised me, I was ready to disconnect the TPMS. I told Sparkie that I would see if I could do a burn out with them.
I am living on borrowed time with them.

Old 03-27-2019, 08:31 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just ordered an Autel MaxiDiag Elite MD802 OBD2 . This is all new to me. What do I need to download for using it with an 05 Crossfire roadster?

Old 03-28-2019, 07:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Mercedes Module is the one you want to purchase. A nice little unit, I like mine for both my crossfire and my Duramax.

Old 03-28-2019, 11:41 PM
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

The Autel DiagLink has many $10 modules (one is free), I thought the MaxDiag came with all of them.

Old 03-29-2019, 09:38 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Can I get SRS codes for a 05 Crossfire limited roadster with a Autel Max Diag Elite MD802 OBD2. Just came it and will return it if it will not do this.

Quick Reply: OBDII scanner recommendations