Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Rookie Mistakes - Need Help

Old 07-18-2015, 01:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rookie Mistakes - Need Help

A little over a month ago, I started my 2005 Crossfire Roadster and backed it out of the garage to get to my lawn mower. Mowed lawn, replaced car in garage. A week later went to do the same thing - car would not start (turned over, would not fire) Talked to dealer - they were less than enthusiastic about even taking the car in (this was the placeI bought it from) for repairs on my dime. Found this forum. So far, I have replaced the battery, had the RCM checked by D.J. and replaced the crankshaft position sensor. I just got an Innova 3040c to read the codes and after chat with their technical department have been informed that it won't read the codes if the car will not run. I have never had any problems, and believed that this would be a pretty minor problem considering that the car ran fine up to this point. Anyone have any suggestions?

Old 07-18-2015, 07:30 AM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Re: Rookie Mistakes - Need Help

So I'm curious about the code reader issue. Usually you plug it in and let it detect the protocol then turn the key to the "on" position (not start) and it will connect to the car's computer and read out any stored codes. Is your code reader telling you there are no codes found?

Also (and I know you already replaced the battery) try disconnecting the negative cable on the battery and leave it off for at least 15 minutes (to reset the car's electronics). Then hook the battery back up and try to start the car. Let us know what happens.

Last edited by RED DOG; 07-18-2015 at 07:35 AM.
Old 08-14-2015, 01:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Red Dog, turned out to be gunk in the fuel tank - burned up pump. Replaced pump, filter, flushed tank - runs great. The reader wasn't showing anything because there wasn't anything to show - as I said - Rookie (me). Main problem is that I just don't drive it that much (<34K miles) Just hope I can find a good home for it - it is in very good shape and I even had to put new tires on it because the originals were just too old ( not worn.)

Old 08-14-2015, 06:20 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Just hope I can find a good home for it
I take in strays, send it on over here .....