Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Transmission Shifting out of sync 5spd

Old 09-25-2015, 11:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission Shifting out of sync 5spd

Questions....What color should the fluid be...
filter,fluid change EXACT amount to change Just the filter...

Has anyone had this problem....Drive it cold for 1 minute PERFECT...then it starts to shift crazy..
like the speed and the shift are out of sync.....lets say 1st to second at 15mph the 2nd to 3rd at 25mpd and
4th at 35 and 5th at 45...gust guessing for my point..well at first that's great,then it starts to shift funky..
2nd may be 5mph then 3-4 15mph then 5th at 25mph..like putting a straight drive in 5th gear at 20mph you
know how that feels....so is there anyone out there that has a definitive answer to this issue....

Old 09-25-2015, 01:29 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: Transmission Shifting out of sync 5spd

Nothing definite, but it sounds like the speed sensor, a function of the 'conductor plate' in the transmission, could also be caused by a fluid leak at the transmission electrical connector.
Could also be as simple as low fluid level.

Old 09-25-2015, 02:19 PM

Well fed up took to Dealer...first words were bad fluid or wrong fluid...will let you know outcome..

Old 09-25-2015, 03:16 PM
Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

your probably low on fluid, trans services should be every 40k miles

Old 09-25-2015, 06:13 PM

Well i thought the dealer Black Chrysler would be honest but i was wrong.....after i spoke to the service manager and
i explained i was a little apprehensive about a FULL flush he insisted no harm would happen so i allowed him do do a complete flush and refill....Cost was 207.00 not bad right...Wrong...when they gave me the key and invoice i left and came home..by the way it did not fix the car at all....i was looking a the Invoice and noticed they only charged me for 5 quarts...well i called only to find out the service manager never flushed the system and drained the pan and replaced it with 5 quarts...that's what i got,then he contradicts him self saying,well we don`t do complete flushing all we did was suck out 5 quarts from the pan......BOY DID I GET SCAMMED!!!! Tomorrow i am going back and i want my money.....

Old 09-26-2015, 01:38 PM
Received 375 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by jimf
Well i thought the dealer Black Chrysler would be honest but i was wrong.....after i spoke to the service manager and
i explained i was a little apprehensive about a FULL flush he insisted no harm would happen so i allowed him do do a complete flush and refill....Cost was 207.00 not bad right...Wrong...when they gave me the key and invoice i left and came home..by the way it did not fix the car at all....i was looking a the Invoice and noticed they only charged me for 5 quarts...well i called only to find out the service manager never flushed the system and drained the pan and replaced it with 5 quarts...that's what i got,then he contradicts him self saying,well we don`t do complete flushing all we did was suck out 5 quarts from the pan......BOY DID I GET SCAMMED!!!! Tomorrow i am going back and i want my money.....

Just another example of why you should almost NEVER take the car to a dealership. Good luck!

Old 09-26-2015, 04:23 PM

Never did i see it coming.......That said i`m still in the dark with this problem....strange thing is if i do a manual shift its perfect and if it`s cold first thing it`s perfect..it`s only when it runs for a minute it starts
acting crazy...even when it should downshift it`s nuts..

Old 09-26-2015, 04:27 PM

Checked the plug connector seems fine no real oil in it...but i did see something on eBay it`s called

CHECK OUT THIS ITEM # AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK.....251721955742

Details about Transmission Shift Kit Valve Body Fix Transgo 722.6 NAG SK Mercedes Dodge Chrys...

FEATURES:
Corrects/Prevents/Reduces:
Insufficient Pressure Rise
2-3 Flare
TCC slip or Shudder
Soft Shifts
Shudder on Hard Throttle Acceleration from a stop

Old 09-26-2015, 04:29 PM

Do you have to clear history codes???? i seem to have a few..

Old 10-10-2015, 04:45 AM

This is my problem on my '04, have you solved it?

Old 10-10-2015, 09:17 AM
Forum Regular
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I had a "stealership" try that on me when I needed tranny service. I had already read on the forum that a complete flush and refill was the correct procedure. I made the tech look less than brilliant when I asked him if he was intending on contaminating the 5 new quarts with the 4 that were in the torque converter. They assured me they would do a complete flush and refill. So, I get the bill and they charged me for 12 or 13 quarts and when I asked about it, they replied that they had to flush the machine that does the fluid sucking, with our special tranny fluid first, and that they would honor the quoted price for the service and adjust the "per quart" price.
I wasn't having shifting or sync issues, I knew that the service had never been done at 127,000. I hope you get better service from your stealership on your next trip...if there is a next trip.

Old 10-10-2015, 10:22 AM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have to clear history codes???? i seem to have a few..
Hi,
you should check for codes and PENDING CODES and get back to the forum. These guys need INFORMATION to work with. Codes tell a lot.