Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

N/A different fluids

Old 03-01-2016, 03:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question N/A different fluids

Hello, my car has now 80k km and i wanted to change the transmission and the rear differential fluid/oil.

I read on the service manual that i need for the transmission ( it's a manual transmission )

MB 236,2 / SAE 5W-20 API SL - GF-3

And for the rear differential

SAE 75W85 MB 231,1 / SAE 80W90 GL-5/MIL-2105-E

I looked on the internet what kind of product i could buy and use for this service yet i'm not sure on what is better then the other so here is my list and hope i can get your advice on what is best.

For the transmission i found those :

1. Mobil Super 3000 X1 Formula FE 5W-30
  2. TITAN GT1 0W-20 (XTL-Technology)
  3. Fuchs Titan ATF 10
  4. Mobil ATF 200
For the rear differential i found those :

1. TITAN SINTOPOID FE 75W-85
  2. Mobil Delvac Synthetic Gear Oil 75W-140
  3. Castrol Syntrax Limited Slip 75W-140
  4. Castrol Axle Z Limited Slip 90
If you have something else in mind please share, since i can't get all kind of lube delivered to my place the best would be a common brand available in Europe

Oh and last thing, I'm going to change entire brake set soon and want to put new brake fluid too at the same time would this one be good ?

1. Mobil Brake Fluid DOT 4
  2. Castrol React SRF Racing
  3. Mobil Brake Fluid DOT 4ESP
Also if you have something better in mind please share.

For personal references i do like Mobil, it's quality in my ears but also i can get more easy on their products where i live.

Regards Johnny

Old 03-01-2016, 05:47 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: N/A different fluids

Bonjour Jacques - Lots of threads here on fluids, but since you prefer Mobil products, I would suggest the following:
Diff - Mobil 1 75w-90 syn fluid. The 75w-140 in your post may be too thick.
Brake/clutch slave fluid - Mobil DOT 4
Tranny - Go with a 5w-20 syn motor oil before ATF. If you have access to synchromesh fluids, that would be preferable. See this thread: https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...nsmission.html

I always thought there were more fluid choices in Europe than here in N. America, i.e., Castrol, Motul, Fuchs, Agip, etc...

Old 03-01-2016, 06:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: N/A different fluids

Thanks for the answer. We have many options in Europe but when you live in middle of nowhere it's hard I will look on what you said if I can get it here. Thanks very much and for the others person who wants to share their ideas feel free to post