Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

ECU Programming SRT vs Base

Old 04-09-2016, 12:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECU Programming SRT vs Base

I'm hoping someone can chime in on this topic. I have a tech looking into my SKREEM/ECU issues on my 05 SRT and I have sent him my KEY/ECU/SKREEM since his shop is not local. He has the proper diagnostic tools and program card to program crossfires and uses a base crossfire in his shop for testing. (He's successfully fixed another forum member's SKREEM/ECU issue that has a base model)

My question is it possible to put an SRT ECU into a Base model and try and link the SKREEM/KEY/ECU successfully? He's having issues and I'm thinking is might be the reason why. Would he require my vehicle to do this kind of testing?

I'm not sure where to go from here.

Old 04-09-2016, 02:18 PM
Received 197 Likes on 151 Posts
Default Re: ECU Programming SRT vs Base

[quote=buffnsofly;863653]i'm hoping someone can chime in on this topic. I have a tech looking into my skreem/ecu issues on my 05 srt and i have sent him my key/ecu/skreem since his shop is not local. He has the proper diagnostic tools and program card to program crossfires and uses a base crossfire in his shop for testing. (he's successfully fixed another forum member's skreem/ecu issue that has a base model)

my question is it possible to put an srt ecu into a base model and try and link the skreem/key/ecu successfully? He's having issues and i'm thinking is might be the reason why. Would he require my vehicle to do this kind of testing?

I'm not sure where to go from here.[/quote

no

--------------------------------------------------------------

Old 04-10-2016, 12:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=amx1397;863657]
Originally Posted by buffnsofly
i'm hoping someone can chime in on this topic. I have a tech looking into my skreem/ecu issues on my 05 srt and i have sent him my key/ecu/skreem since his shop is not local. He has the proper diagnostic tools and program card to program crossfires and uses a base crossfire in his shop for testing. (he's successfully fixed another forum member's skreem/ecu issue that has a base model)

my question is it possible to put an srt ecu into a base model and try and link the skreem/key/ecu successfully? He's having issues and i'm thinking is might be the reason why. Would he require my vehicle to do this kind of testing?

I'm not sure where to go from here.[/quote

no

--------------------------------------------------------------

So your saying a tech would physically need the car or have another SRT to successfully program the key/skreem/ecu?

A tech could not remotely program any of these parts?

Old 04-10-2016, 01:19 PM
Received 197 Likes on 151 Posts

[QUOTE=BuffNSoFly;863696]
Originally Posted by amx1397

So your saying a tech would physically need the car or have another SRT to successfully program the key/skreem/ecu?

A tech could not remotely program any of these parts?
I was answering this question,,,( is it possible to put an srt ecu into a base model ),,, this answer is no.---to my knowledge but every day it gets better
what some people can program today I don't think anyone can answer as they reprogram more and more every day,,as for the key/skreem go for it and we all hope he can do it. good luck. jim