Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Trunk Security Pump (CLP/SSM)

Old 05-24-2016, 04:40 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Trunk Security Pump (CLP/SSM)

Here are some schematics of the CLP/SSM that I have collected over the years, you can see that it has its tentacles spread throughout the Crossfire.
The first is for the Crossfire the others do not apply directly to the Crossfire, but the systems are probably similar.

Last edited by onehundred80; 05-24-2016 at 04:48 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Esinclair (01-17-2024)
Old 05-24-2016, 04:51 PM
Received 375 Likes on 325 Posts
Default Re: Trunk Security Pump (CLP/SSM)

Awesome Dave! Your archives are such a help to everyone interested in our cars!

Old 05-24-2016, 05:24 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for sharing that !

Old 05-25-2016, 07:53 AM
Forum Regular
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Thank You for doing this work,it is good to have these files.

Old 05-25-2016, 12:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Here are some schematics of the CLP/SSM that I have collected over the years, you can see that it has its tentacles spread throughout the Crossfire.
The first is for the Crossfire the others do not apply directly to the Crossfire, but the systems are probably similar.

Thank you 180 this makes maintenance and Diagnostics so much easier for so many Crossfire owners, your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Old 05-25-2016, 07:23 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

180 is truly one of our great guys.
Thanks for the info

Old 08-28-2018, 01:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I understand these are very old post, but.......I have an '07 roadster. Our troubles started when my wife had trouble with the siren going off while the car was running. She could not get it to go off, but it went off without her doing anything. (I was not there and never saw this recreated). Then the parking lights, tail lights would not go off. I replaced the battery which helped that issue (seemingly) then our top would not go down. When you release the latch and push the top up about 6 inches, the windows go down and the light on the switch blinks and there is a constant beep. I opened the trunk, and removed everything down to the CLP/SSM. It was submerged in water. (by the way the doors would not lock). I drained the water (until I find where the water is coming from, I have drilled a few holes in the bottom to drain the water, I will plug them when I can figure out where the leak is from, so any info on that would be helpful). I removed the CLP/SSM and cleaned it with electrical contact cleaner. (I figured the module was probably shot so it wouldn't hurt to try). It did work to a point, as everything in the car is working as it should except for the top. I also have temporally bypassed the microswitch in the trunk for the thingy you have to fold out so the top doesn't get damaged by cargo in the trunk. I will also replace this once I can figure everything out. Should I just replace the CLP/SSM, my guess is yes. Does anyone know the part number for this? I consider myself a parts replacer and NOT a mechanic. Thanks if anyone is still out there that has suggestions and can help.

Old 08-28-2018, 01:47 PM
Administrator
Received 884 Likes on 689 Posts

I don't think you will like hte price of a new pump. Do what so many do: Find a parts car and buy a used pump (just not one from a car rear ended, or a convertible that was left with the top down!)
They are generic, even between coupe and roadster - the unused console line is just plugged at the pump in the coupes. They are not VIN specific, either.

THe top not going down can be caused by the bad controller/pump, because the top wont move unless a CAN bus signal is sent to the Top Module telling it that the trunk is closed.
Or, it could be your top module got wet, but it sits awful high, higher than the "floor" in the trunk.

Old 08-28-2018, 01:50 PM
Administrator
Received 884 Likes on 689 Posts

WOW, thanks for bumping this thread - I'd not seen 180's post and all the information in it.

The following users liked this post:
BlkCell (10-08-2023)