Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Convertible top --- yikes!

Old 12-14-2017, 06:05 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: Convertible top --- yikes!

Originally Posted by DanFink
Hey thanks for the in-depth responses. Thanks too for taking the time. I am going to check out all these possible repair solutions. If however I am still perplexed --- does anyone know of a Crossfire repair facility in the greater Atlanta area that would be able to work on this top problem? I have had the car in three different shops locally (south side of Atlanta) with no conclusive results. Thanks for the recommendations.
Make an appointment at pizzguys repair shop ASAP.

Old 12-15-2017, 08:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've googled "pizza guys repair shop" --- no results. Anyone have a point of contact for this repair shop?

Old 12-15-2017, 08:42 AM
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

I've googled "pizza guys repair shop" --- no results. Anyone have a point of contact for this repair shop?
That's funny . . .

They're pointing you to Mark Christopher (PizzaGuy on the forum) who is our forum convertible top expert. He lives in Cummins GA. Note that PizzaGuy is one of the responders on this thread . . .

Last edited by RED DOG; 12-15-2017 at 08:45 AM.
Old 12-15-2017, 09:00 AM

Got it. Did find a bunch of really good pizza places! Any chance the pizza guy could reach out to me and discuss my top frustration. Have watched his video on "how to manually operate top" --- excellent. Thanks for setting me straight on this.

Old 12-15-2017, 09:54 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Sorry, I should have given you the full name to the company, it is Pizzaguys Repair shop and Marriage Counseling Service.
The reputation is very good on the repair part of the business but is somewhat dubious on the second part.

Old 12-16-2017, 04:09 PM
Talking Re: Convertible top --- yikes!

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
A heated pool in May in Michigan? That may not be an offer that I can pass up.
Being from the north originally, it is common practice to bring 1/2 dozen bottles of wine. If it is heated, just a bigger hot top.

Old 12-23-2017, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
So it goes UP but not DOWN?
Pizza Guy, Dan here ... the "yikes" guy. I'm having lots of trouble with my convertible top. I've seen your video .. great --- helped me manually raise and lower. I and others have chased/diagnosed/researched/scratched our heads to solve the mystery of " why she just won't work"! Is there anyone/shop in the Atlanta area you could recommend? I live south of ATL --- Peachtree City. Thanks in advance and HO HO HO!

Old 12-23-2017, 11:59 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

I am somewhat familiar with tops, have replaced 4 of them and am now retired.
If you want to drive the 76 miles over next week after Christmas, I'll see what I can do.
George

Old 12-23-2017, 03:46 PM
Received 343 Likes on 303 Posts

Have you tried the simple solution in Post 19? It only takes like one minute.

Old 12-23-2017, 07:34 PM

I have tried all of the posted fixes except the last one which I will soonest (the wire diagram). And yes CC --- I will drive 76 miles after the new year to take advantage of your expertise. Ill be back in touch if no solution from the newest "fix". Thank you all and HO HO. Yikes!

Old 12-23-2017, 07:49 PM
Administrator
Received 885 Likes on 689 Posts

I'm headed to Michigan for Christmas. I'll be back late next week.
Check your private messages, I'll send you my phone number, if you can put the top UP but not DOWN with the switch, you have a sensor somewhere that is not telling the TCM that it's safe to start the pump when the top is UP, but is fine when its down.

Gotta be a sensor somewhere. If you have the top all the way up and you grab the handle and turn it, in order to release it from the windshield frame, do the door windows go down? If not, it's the switch in the frame above the windshield. If the windows do down, but the top wont move, we have some homework to do - but the fact that you can put it UP electrically means that this is a sensor somewhere. I'd have to think about it, or simply break out the DVM and start snooping around in the wiring.

Old 12-23-2017, 08:54 PM
Forum Regular
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Got a code reader? Find a shop or fellow Crossfire Owner who has a reader that can scan the DRB III info. Betcha it is the problem I described in Post 18 (October 24). Simple to check. Just remove the cover on the inside of the trunk lid, disconnect the described connector and see if the top will go down. Don't forget to close the trunk lid before trying this. I have checked numerous trunk latches and all of them have the problem with the switch. Takes less than 15 minutes to check --- might save you 152 miles, but again 152 miles in a Crossfire is not a bad thing.

Old 12-24-2017, 09:19 AM

Zeracer, Shamrock and Pizza guy. Thanks for all the replies and methods to trouble shoot. I'll be back on the car over the Christmas break exercising all the possible fixes. Pizza Guy -- thanks -- I'll check the private side. Best to all and HO HO HO.

Old 12-29-2017, 06:10 PM
Received 343 Likes on 303 Posts

Please let everyone know the solution~!