Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

BAS/ESP light om

Old 01-27-2017, 04:40 AM
Forum Regular
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default BAS/ESP light om

I did the steering reset two weeks ago light went out came on again but cruise control work fine,check tire pressures they were good battery on month old going to order one wheel speed sensor,also cant urn traction control off.

Old 04-27-2017, 08:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: BAS/ESP light om

I am experiencing similar symptoms. I too recently replaced my battery. Resulting in No BAS ESP afterwards. Two weeks later I go to inflate my tires to 36psi from 28. The next morning after stepping into the throttle the BAS ESP light came on.

The BAS ESP light will turn off when the car is restarted but will come back on shortly after driving. When getting on the gas to pass or enter into traffic.

When the BAS ESP light comes on there is pretty much no passing power as if throttle is opening 10% I have my resonator removed too and it's whisper quiet when this happens. The transmission also hesitates to upshift when the light is displayed. Acceleration is slow till 5,000rpms then on the next upshift it will take off like a rocket throughout the whole rev range. As if it's going into some mode. Is any of this familiar?

Old 04-27-2017, 09:41 AM
Received 364 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by cmac4667
I am experiencing similar symptoms. I too recently replaced my battery. Resulting in No BAS ESP afterwards. Two weeks later I go to inflate my tires to 36psi from 28. The next morning after stepping into the throttle the BAS ESP light came on.

The BAS ESP light will turn off when the car is restarted but will come back on shortly after driving. When getting on the gas to pass or enter into traffic.

When the BAS ESP light comes on there is pretty much no passing power as if throttle is opening 10% I have my resonator removed too and it's whisper quiet when this happens. The transmission also hesitates to upshift when the light is displayed. Acceleration is slow till 5,000rpms then on the next upshift it will take off like a rocket throughout the whole rev range. As if it's going into some mode. Is any of this familiar?

OBD codes? Anythig else you did besides replacing the battery? Look up resetting the BAS/ESP procedure (turning the steering wheel full left then full right?). Come back with any codes you have, that might help.

Old 04-27-2017, 09:52 AM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by blackpepper
I did the steering reset two weeks ago light went out came on again but cruise control work fine,check tire pressures they were good battery on month old going to order one wheel speed sensor,also cant urn traction control off.

Does your wing stay up?

Old 04-27-2017, 10:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I turned the wheel left and right, Nothing. Throttle reset, Nothing. I disconnected the battery yesterday evening turned the wheel after. Drove her this morning, 40% throttle to merge into traffic, light came on sluggish acceleration followed.

I have the Eurocharged software. I received the P0410 code only. I will try to scan again with the BAS ESP illuminated this evening.

Thanks for the replys

Last edited by cmac4667; 04-27-2017 at 10:14 AM.