Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Car not starting

Old 05-08-2017, 02:15 PM
Received 375 Likes on 325 Posts
Default Re: Car not starting

Originally Posted by MB04XFIRE
Battery tender showed battery was fully charged this morning so I guess it worked out ok with that. Sat in the car, turned the key and started right away.. So I guess it was only the battery. Guess I will just have to keep an eye on it to see if the battery loses its charge over short period of time.. Tine will tell

This one doesn't make sense, Only thing that makes sense is if a connection was degraded limiting starting current (if the battery isn't sulfated to the point of no return). You can have the battery 'load tested' to eliminate a sulfated battery plate(s) with the NEG cable removed (not a good idea to load test in circuit for many reasons including alternate paths of current through systems not designed for said current flow). Anyway, yes time will tell, if it lasts and operates nominally your battery was fine and not sufficiently sulfated (good thing). To avoid being stranded I would still suggest load testing the battery anyway. This would then eliminate at least the battery. Then the only remaining would be circuit loss or a loose connection along the starting current path. It has been knbown to 'weld' itself back to working, until it happens again (loose connections). Good luck!

Old 05-08-2017, 02:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I checked all contact point and everything is tight and no corrosion. I was changing my hid light about a month ago so may have depleted the battery from having lights on fora bit etc... But also found it weird yesterday when I found fuse 7 blown. It's a 5 amp fuse that controls the interior lights and something else.. Not sure what I did or happened to have that occur but either way everything seems fine now and fuse hasn't blown since..

Old 05-08-2017, 03:02 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Ignore this post please.

Last edited by ala_xfire; 05-08-2017 at 06:11 PM.
Old 05-08-2017, 05:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well that's good to know.
First time that it's happened to me. Looks like the previous owner had already put in a 7.5 amp fuse.. I replaced it with the 5 that it is supposed to be.
Hopefully it doesn't happen for a long while lol
Thanks for the comments guys

[/PHP]

Old 05-08-2017, 06:08 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

ignore what I posted above, I was thinking fuse #9, not fuse # 7.

Last edited by ala_xfire; 05-08-2017 at 06:10 PM.