Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Tow away alarm switch red light blinking

Old 05-07-2017, 03:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tow away alarm switch red light blinking

And Will not go off. Locking the car automatically starts the light blinking. Which seems to be draining the battery.

The owner's manual is particularly unhelpful. I typed in tow-away alarm in the search forums with little success so I hope this isn't an FAQ, but it is a frequently and easily fixed problem.

Old 05-07-2017, 07:12 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: Tow away alarm switch red light blinking

Originally Posted by bigsky
And Will not go off. Locking the car automatically starts the light blinking. Which seems to be draining the battery.

The owner's manual is particularly unhelpful. I typed in tow-away alarm in the search forums with little success so I hope this isn't an FAQ, but it is a frequently and easily fixed problem.
That light always flashes when the car is locked, that is your way of knowing that the security system is working fine. It also tells any would be thief that the car has an alarm.
That is not going to drag the battery down, you'll have to look elsewhere for solutions to that problem.
Look up how to back track on battery drain problems.
Go to page 17 in the PDF of the Owners Manual CLICK to see the description of this feature.

Last edited by onehundred80; 05-07-2017 at 07:20 PM.
Old 05-08-2017, 02:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Tow away alarm switch red light blinking

Thank you! I've had a bit of gnawing going on on the thermometer so maybe it's a similar issue.