Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Alarm Question

Old 05-09-2017, 06:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm Question

Recently (have had the car for five years) on two occasions the car alarm has gone off for no apparent reason. I would also note that the battery is new.
Pulled the number 9 fuse as a temporary solution. Checked the various threads and went ahead and disconnected the siren in the cowl as I really don't need an alarm. My question is this -- by disconnecting the siren does this completely stop the alarm from engaging? I did notice when the alarm went off that in addition to the siren the lights also flashed and am now wondering if, with the siren disconnected, the alarm system is de-activated?

Old 05-10-2017, 07:01 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: Alarm Question

I think not. Why not try it ?

Old 06-22-2017, 03:38 AM
Forum Regular
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Did it still work ?

i have the same problem here .

Old 06-22-2017, 09:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is what I know --- disconnected the siren and no more surprise screaming problems. The only check I did was push the Panic button on the remote to see what happens. When I push the Panic button the lights flash and when I push it again the lights stop flashing.

Old 06-22-2017, 10:33 AM
Received 375 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by Gregm
Here is what I know --- disconnected the siren and no more surprise screaming problems. The only check I did was push the Panic button on the remote to see what happens. When I push the Panic button the lights flash and when I push it again the lights stop flashing.

Here is what I suggest, make sure you do not have water in the lower part of the 'trunk/hatch'. Another thing to 'consider', when that siren WAS triggered, was the lights flashing (as they should be)? If so, and the alarm is still tripping (without the siren, as modded), is there still a problem (like the lights flashing), and what is CAUSING it? I would suggest you check for that water in the lower back compartment, if it is the source of your problem, it'll only get worse and a lot more expensive if that module gets ruined.

Old 06-23-2017, 12:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine goes off all the time because I crouch with the keys in my pocket. And my overstressed pantleg presses the panic button.