Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Not Wanting To Accelerate

Old 05-18-2017, 05:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not Wanting To Accelerate

Hello everyone, I have an 04 coupe and I'm starting to have an intermittent problem of my crossfire not wanting to accelerate after coming to a stop or slowing down like when you come to a yield sign or something of that nature. I have to feather the throttle and eventually it accelerates. Any ideas?

Old 06-14-2017, 04:18 PM
Default Re: Not Wanting To Accelerate

Throttle position sensor sends car into limp mode if you give the car gas(via the gas pedal) when you are also applying brakes. Happens to me on both my Crossfire and my Ram pickup. Limp mode sucks - it can get you run over if it happens in an intersection. The Crossfire only resents after you shut the motor off and restart. Ram is better -it resets automatically after a few seconds. My sensor is bad and it will also send car to limp mode if you put the gas pedal all the way to the floor for a few seconds. I believe the sensor is around $150,

Old 06-16-2017, 07:38 AM
Default Re: Not Wanting To Accelerate

Thanks for the reply, I found out it was my MAF sensor, all I needed to do was give it a good cleaning and my issues cleared up.