Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

No ticky, no laundry ... or lifter

Old 09-05-2017, 02:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking No ticky, no laundry ... or lifter

Before we start ... I did look for other treads here so I wouldn't rehash the same old thing again. I found some treads about valves, lifters, air bag switch's and such but nothing about the stereo.

I've had my 04 Crossfire for a couple weeks now and been tinkering with it replacing blown bulbs, fuses, fuel cap lots of little things like that to bring up to par.
Anywho, everything has been working fine but as of last night my sound system died. It is the standard Infinity CD system. The radio will light up but now ....no sound on CD or Radio mode only a slight ticking every couple seconds. It doesn't matter if I am stopped, accelerating (not lifters).
Anyone every had this happen to them? if so, were you able to fix it.

PS: I did replace the following :
Fuse 5
Fuse 8
Fuse 23

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
radio.jpg (107.2 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Florida13; 09-05-2017 at 03:57 PM. Reason: found new info
Old 09-05-2017, 06:50 PM
Received 538 Likes on 454 Posts
Default Re: No ticky, no laundry ... or lifter

Originally Posted by Florida13
Before we start ... I did look for other treads here so I wouldn't rehash the same old thing again. I found some treads about valves, lifters, air bag switch's and such but nothing about the stereo.

I've had my 04 Crossfire for a couple weeks now and been tinkering with it replacing blown bulbs, fuses, fuel cap lots of little things like that to bring up to par.
Anywho, everything has been working fine but as of last night my sound system died. It is the standard Infinity CD system. The radio will light up but now ....no sound on CD or Radio mode only a slight ticking every couple seconds. It doesn't matter if I am stopped, accelerating (not lifters).
Anyone every had this happen to them? if so, were you able to fix

PS: I did replace the following :
Fuse 5
Fuse 8
Fuse 23