Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Codes P2096 & P0453

Old 09-06-2017, 11:17 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Codes P2096 & P0453

My SRT6 is throwing codes P2096 & P0453. Does anyone have an idea where I can start with the troubleshooting? The car has been sitting undriven for 2 years, if that helps. Also, the wing leaked into the cargo area and the door lock module has been sitting in water for more than 2 years. I doubt that has anything to do with these codes, but worth a mention. Also, one of my breather tubes is cracked, though I have been told that would not cause these codes.

The engine is in need of cleaning, once I clean it, I am sure I will find more issues, maybe more cracked tubes. But currently, the engine's hydraulic lifter is broken, so I can not work on the engine until that is replaced (I am not tall enough nor strong enough to get it at 90 degrees without the hydraulic lifter working).

There also appears to be an oil leak from the oil cap. ... Could be the breather covers, but it looked like the oil was coming from the area where the oil cap is. But again, I can not get in there to check it out until I can get that arm working OR someone strong enough to put the hood up to help me.

Old 09-06-2017, 12:15 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Codes P2096 & P0453

P2096 : bank 1 ,lean. To much air not enough fuel.
PO453 : Fuel tank pressure sensor circuit high.
Maybe purge valve for evaporator canister is stuck for the latter.
The other is possible an O2 sensor ,causing it to run lean.

Last edited by Steve Jr; 09-06-2017 at 12:18 PM.
Old 09-06-2017, 12:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Codes P2096 & P0453

Originally Posted by Crystal
My SRT6 is throwing codes P2096 & P0453. Does anyone have an idea where I can start with the troubleshooting? The car has been sitting undriven for 2 years, if that helps. Also, the wing leaked into the cargo area and the door lock module has been sitting in water for more than 2 years. I doubt that has anything to do with these codes, but worth a mention. Also, one of my breather tubes is cracked, though I have been told that would not cause these codes.

The engine is in need of cleaning, once I clean it, I am sure I will find more issues, maybe more cracked tubes. But currently, the engine's hydraulic lifter is broken, so I can not work on the engine until that is replaced (I am not tall enough nor strong enough to get it at 90 degrees without the hydraulic lifter working).

There also appears to be an oil leak from the oil cap. ... Could be the breather covers, but it looked like the oil was coming from the area where the oil cap is. But again, I can not get in there to check it out until I can get that arm working OR someone strong enough to put the hood up to help me.
P2096 is a engine running lean on Bank One trouble code, in other words your engine has too much air and not enough fuel, p0453 is for the fuel tank pressure sensor/ EVAP purge valve circuit has indicated too much pressure in the fuel tank.