Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

3.2L NA oil capacity

Old 09-15-2017, 02:43 PM
Received 522 Likes on 415 Posts
Default Re: 3.2L NA oil capacity

Originally Posted by onehundred80
The OP lives in Lyon, France and has made a simple mistake in his interpretation of the Service Manual. I wonder how many of you could make sense of even a simple French document.
I think he deserves better from all of you.
So if one looks back thru this thread, there isn't any response (including yours) that attempts to clarify for crossvic where his/her error occurred when looking thru the Service Manual. Some responses did provide correct information regarding oil capacity, but did not point out his/her error. And most of the other responses were just pure jibberish (chose a nice word here!) probably due to some nerve that was struck when reading this thread. We even got crossvic participating in the flippant remarks! Go figure!! But there again, this Forum is really good at ridiculing an individual or thread requesting help and/or assistance whenever a more knowledgeable member thinks the inquiry is foolish. And as far as I am concerned, I made an attempt to provide some direction to the originator on where their interpretation went astray and, based on your feedback above, I got ripped anyway! Typical of the Forum & typical of you!!!

Last edited by dedwards0323; 09-15-2017 at 02:52 PM.
Old 09-15-2017, 03:15 PM
Received 534 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by dedwards0323
So if one looks back thru this thread, there isn't any response (including yours) that attempts to clarify for crossvic where his/her error occurred when looking thru the Service Manual. Some responses did provide correct information regarding oil capacity, but did not point out his/her error. And most of the other responses were just pure jibberish (chose a nice word here!) probably due to some nerve that was struck when reading this thread. We even got crossvic participating in the flippant remarks! Go figure!! But there again, this Forum is really good at ridiculing an individual or thread requesting help and/or assistance whenever a more knowledgeable member thinks the inquiry is foolish. And as far as I am concerned, I made an attempt to provide some direction to the originator on where their interpretation went astray and, based on your feedback above, I got ripped anyway! Typical of the Forum & typical of you!!!
I did not include you in my "all", you provided the true answer, I picked the wrong post to attach my opinion to.
No matter how the OP responded in his replies he was treated poorly.
My point was the OP made a mistake and everyone jumped on it, I defended the guy with a generalization and I get jumped on. I have never said anything like what was said to this fellow to anyone. I guess I should have known better.

Last edited by onehundred80; 09-15-2017 at 03:25 PM.
Old 09-15-2017, 03:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys take this stuff way too seriously, I feel confident that the Op got his question answered and I feel pretty confident that he was not offended by the lighthearted humor , so with that said, get the stick out of your butt and the frown off your face, although with Dave that may be impossible he always has his butt on his shoulders for some reason. 😂🤣 Oh no he didn't go there!!!!

Old 09-15-2017, 03:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As English is not my primary language, I didn't immediately saw the ironic or funny answers posted by other members.

I'm sorry to fuel such a useless post ! Thanks to all posters anyway

BTW, what does OP mean ? OP = Online Poster ? Offensed Poster ? Oniric People ? ...

Last edited by crossvic; 09-15-2017 at 03:36 PM.
Old 09-15-2017, 03:53 PM

I did not include you in my "all", you provided the true answer, I picked the wrong post to attach my opinion to.
No matter how the OP responded in his replies he was treated poorly.
My point was the OP made a mistake and everyone jumped on it, I defended the guy with a generalization and I get jumped on. I have never said anything like what was said to this fellow to anyone. I guess I should have known better.
Well let's just ask the Op, crossvic were you offended? did you feel that our answers were making fun of you? Did you get your question answered and as a bonus at no charge of course we're treated to a little American humor? And I think the most important question is; will you continue to be a a valuable contributing member of the crossfire forum?

And as a addendum required by Crossfire Forum etiquette ( 180 AKA Dave is one of our most senior members and his knowledge of the crossfire is without peer and his contribution to this forum and to the preservation of the crossfire is priceless.

Last edited by Kingdav1954; 09-15-2017 at 03:57 PM.
Old 09-15-2017, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by crossvic
As English is not my primary language, I didn't immediately saw the ironic or funny answers posted by other members.

BTW, what does OP mean ? OP = Online Poster ? Offensed Poster ? Oniric People ? ...
It means Original Poster. Thread starter has since been added to the first post in a thread.

Old 09-15-2017, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Kingdav1954
Well let's just ask the Op, crossvic were you offended? did you feel that our answers were making fun of you? Did you get your question answered and as a bonus at no charge of course we're treated to a little American humor? And I think the most important question is; will you continue to be a a valuable contributing member of the crossfire forum?
Not offended at all ! I think this forum is the most valuable source of information on my car

Should I consider this as my "hazing" ? (don't know if this is the right US word, I just translated from the right french word which is "bizutage").

Never mind I'm ok and continue to post here

Old 09-15-2017, 04:04 PM

​​​​​​Op= original post, my friend from across the ocean you have nothing to be sorry for neither your post nor your question were deemed useless. I sincerely apologize if we made you feel that way and if you hang around long enough you'll get the hang of this American humor so don't fret over it. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to participate, so with that said once again I sincerely apologize if we made you feel uncomfortable.

Old 09-15-2017, 04:16 PM

................. And as far as I am concerned, I made an attempt to provide some direction to the originator on where their interpretation went astray and, based on your feedback above, I got ripped anyway! Typical of the Forum & typical of you!!!
I resent that last statement, I did not mean to include you in my all word, no matter what I write someone always thinks I mean the worst way possible that my words can be taken. I have never said things like that written in that post, never made a joke of someones misunderstanding of something unless they have attacked me. The fact that this man is French was particularly upsetting, some here have derided the French in posts, nobody said a word about that then. Seemingly if you are not American then sorry you are the less for it.
I do not write flowery words that fall softly on peoples ears, I write facts, nothing more or less.
My first post states that the correct amount is 8 liters, it was obvious that he had misinterpreted the manual and I did not jump on him for it. Everyone was on about quarts, I pointed out that the car was European and hence liters was the official measurement.

Old 09-15-2017, 04:24 PM

And as a addendum required by Crossfire Forum etiquette ( 180 AKA Dave is one of our most senior members and his knowledge of the crossfire is without peer and his contribution to this forum and to the preservation of the crossfire is priceless.
I wholeheartedly agree with your comment above. In fact, I've sought 180 out for advice on several things. That's not to say I won't "lock horns" with him at times. He & I have been down that trail before. He basically apologized for his post & I will reciprocate with an apology for my misinterpretation of his post. But I won't kiss a make up!!!! Let's move on!!!

Last edited by dedwards0323; 09-15-2017 at 04:27 PM.
Old 09-15-2017, 04:27 PM

I resent that last statement, I did not mean to include you in my all word, no matter what I write someone always thinks I mean the worst way possible that my words can be taken. I have never said things like that written in that post, never made a joke of someones misunderstanding of something unless they have attacked me. The fact that this man is French was particularly upsetting, some here have derided the French in posts, nobody said a word about that then. Seemingly if you are not American then sorry you are the less for it.
I do not write flowery words that fall softly on peoples ears, I write facts, nothing more or less.
My first post states that the correct amount is 8 liters, it was obvious that he had misinterpreted the manual and I did not jump on him for it. Everyone was on about quarts, I pointed out that the car was European and hence liters was the official measurement.
What he said! 🤔............ I think, Maybe, I don't know he used a lot of big words. Okay I'll leave it alone you guys are too easy.

Old 09-15-2017, 04:30 PM

I wholeheartedly agree with your comment above. In fact, I've sought 180 out for advice on several things. That's not to say I won't "lock horns" with him at times. He & I have been down that trail before. He basically apologized for his post & I will reciprocate with an apology for my misinterpretation of his post. But I won't kiss a make up!!!! Let's move on!!!
Okay Dave said he accepts your apology 🤗 but I have to warn you he probably uses maple flavored chapstick.

Old 09-15-2017, 04:32 PM

What he said! 🤔............ I think, Maybe, I don't know he used a lot of big words. Okay I'll leave it alone you guys are too easy.
At least half of the people here voted for Trump, I rest my case.
Take that anyway you want to.

Old 09-15-2017, 04:36 PM

Now I'm really upset!!!!!!! Actually, according to the popular vote, it was less than half!!! I thought you said you only stated facts!!!

Old 09-15-2017, 04:37 PM

Thanks Dave Two Sugars and a splash of cream stirred not shaken 😉

Old 09-17-2017, 09:24 AM

Hi all,

I changed my Xfire oil & filter today. I was surprise to pour only around 7 quarts, although the dipstick shows an intermediate oil level, between min & max, and even if only some drops were falling from the oil drain before I put back the oil drain bolt in place.

Also, putting back the under shield is a pita. It seems one bolt is missing:

Underneath shield

Bumper hole to attach to shield ?

Could someone confirm one bolt is missing, with I think a little piece of metal to hold the bolt?

Thanks a lot.

Old 09-17-2017, 10:21 AM

Hi all,

I changed my Xfire oil & filter today. I was surprise to pour only around 7 quarts, although the dipstick shows an intermediate oil level, between min & max, and even if only some drops were falling from the oil drain before I put back the oil drain bolt in place.

Also, putting back the under shield is a pita. It seems one bolt is missing:

Underneath shield

Bumper hole to attach to shield ?

Could someone confirm one bolt is missing, with I think a little piece of metal to hold the bolt?

Thanks a lot.
No not a bolt but rather one of those plastic Push Pull interior pins similar to the one that is in your trunk they are available at the local parts store or you can order them online very cheap. I'm sure one of the other members will give you the proper name of them. Also when you reinstall the black plastic belly pan make sure the front of it is over top the the bottom part of your bumper.

Last edited by Kingdav1954; 09-17-2017 at 10:24 AM.
Old 09-17-2017, 02:30 PM

No not a bolt but rather one of those plastic Push Pull interior pins similar to the one that is in your trunk they are available at the local parts store or you can order them online very cheap. I'm sure one of the other members will give you the proper name of them. Also when you reinstall the black plastic belly pan make sure the front of it is over top the the bottom part of your bumper.
Like those ones:

Old 09-17-2017, 02:39 PM

Like those ones:

yes the ones with the expandable bottom, measure the inside diameter of the hole so you will have a rough idea of what size to purchase.

Old 09-17-2017, 05:49 PM

yes the ones with the expandable bottom, measure the inside diameter of the hole so you will have a rough idea of what size to purchase.
My car does not have a fastener here, the Service Manual does not show one there either.
If anything a screw the same size as the other four and a clip nut in the engine pan would be best I think.