Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Should I be SKREEMING?

Old 10-09-2017, 04:07 PM
MDK
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I be SKREEMING?

I had an errand to run at lunch time today, so I ran home from work to grab something. In and out of the house in 5 minutes. When I went back to the car, it turned over for about 2 seconds and died. Did the same thing again, then would not fire at all after that. My RCM was re-soldered a while ago, but I had intermittently seen the CEL. The code indicated the relay valve, so I had ordered a new RCM, but never replaced it. When I popped the brand new RCM in place this afternoon, the engine did the same thing (3 tries then nothing). All the lights come on, the FOB works (replaced the batteries just in case), the battery is in good condition, and all the locks work fine. Looking through here, all these signs point to the SKREEM.

Just looking for verification. The car is my daily driver and is now dead in my driveway. Do I just have to wait for the NeedsWings replacement? Could it be something else?

This forum is awesome and I appreciate any feedback.

Old 10-10-2017, 06:54 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: Should I be SKREEMING?

Sure sounds like the SKREEM to me.

Old 10-10-2017, 10:18 PM
MDK

I placed an order with Needswings for a new SKREEM. I know there are instructions in the service manual, but has anyone put together an easier to follow tutorial? I searched and could not find one, so I'm guessing there's not one out there.

Old 10-11-2017, 09:00 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by MDK
I placed an order with Needswings for a new SKREEM. I know there are instructions in the service manual, but has anyone put together an easier to follow tutorial? I searched and could not find one, so I'm guessing there's not one out there.
NeedsWings sends a set of instructions, just make sure to remind them. There is a set of instructions around here somewhere though.

Old 10-11-2017, 12:12 PM
MDK

Sweet! Thanks so much for your help