Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

install a aftermarket radio problem

Old 01-10-2018, 08:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default install a aftermarket radio problem

I got a problem with my new radio when I put the yellow and red wires together it works but it don’t turn off when I take the key out but when i put the colors separately they don’t work at all the red is ignition and the yellow is the battery .. no power coming from the red and green acc line on the old crossfire harness.. why could this be...

Old 01-10-2018, 10:01 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: install a aftermarket radio problem

What kind of radio an what adapter are you using? On most ,red an yellow are reversed. Just for our use, give that a try. It will not come on like the old unit did, with the key off an out of the car....

Old 01-10-2018, 10:16 PM

I used a tester to see if there was power coming to the radio... I had constant power coming in on the pink/yellow/green wire but had no power coming from the red/green acc wire.. don't know what is causing this ... check all fuses and they are good..

Old 01-11-2018, 02:38 PM
Administrator
Received 884 Likes on 689 Posts

Originally Posted by franzsmith
I used a tester to see if there was power coming to the radio... I had constant power coming in on the pink/yellow/green wire but had no power coming from the red/green acc wire.. don't know what is causing this ... check all fuses and they are good..
Red/Green is Battery hot - power on at all times.
Pink/Yellow/Green is accessory - on with the key.

Some aftermarket radios use RED for battery and yellow for accessory, others reverse that; look at your new radios' manual to see how they want it wired.

This is how the 05 service manual says things are set up, keep in mind actual fuse numbers can vary year to year and sub-model to sub-model.

Old 01-11-2018, 03:52 PM
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Here are the notes I used to connect mine:
"Match the colors of each wire and crimp them together with the crimp caps. Do this for all the wires EXCEPT the Red, Yellow, and Blue wires. The constant and switched power wires are flipped, so you will need to connect the Red wire of the Scosche harness to the Yellow wire of the aftermarket one and the Yellow wire of the Scosche harness to the Red wire of the aftermarket harness. The Blue antenna wire on the Scosche unit is actually the remote wire. Attach the Blue-White wire from the aftermarket harness to the Blue wire on the Scosche harness."

In any event you must have power on both the red and the yellow and ground on the black for it to turn on.

Old 01-11-2018, 06:11 PM

well I had to actually connect the yellows, reds together to get the unit to come on and work... the unit turns off when I take the key out of the car.. so far works great... the only problem I am having now is getting the back up camera to send a signal to the hu.. camera comes on when i put it in revers but the screen say no signal.. anyone know what to do for this problem...

thanks